Author Topic: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-  (Read 17445 times)

BigusSchmuck

Re: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-
« Reply #315 on: August 09, 2013, 07:29:31 PM »
So I came across something a little concerning when I removed my sega pac tonight after doing some light gaming, there was a strange smell coming from the actual connectors to the pac. I'm wondering if thats a tall tale sign that the caps are going bad and if its time to replace them? I was going to do it eventually, but I haven't really played much of my Laseractive as of late and been mostly using it as a Laserdisc player...

SuperDeadite

« Reply #316 on: August 09, 2013, 10:51:41 PM »
At this point in time, all PACs are due for a recap.  Just do it regardless of condition, the earlier you do it, the easier it is.  Once the flood gates open, you're gonna need pro-level skills.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

BlueBMW

« Reply #317 on: August 10, 2013, 12:43:33 AM »
Yep, pioneer offered a nice little "sniff hold" on the back.  If you smell ze fosh, change ze caps asap.  Contact thesteve, he can do em good.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #318 on: August 10, 2013, 06:34:50 AM »
Trying to get a hold of Chop as he sounds like the man to do the job. I thought about even offering a trade to one of these guys to see if someone would rather do that... It kind of sucks because I really wanted to play some more Triad Stone too!

turboswimbz

« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »
Chop mentioned he was taking a break on repairs, but he was working with steve on fixing up the pacs . . . of course you'll need to talk to him on all of that though. 

Steve is def. the guy to go to though if you nave no luck with choppers.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »
Chop mentioned he was taking a break on repairs, but he was working with steve on fixing up the pacs . . . of course you'll need to talk to him on all of that though. 

Steve is def. the guy to go to though if you nave no luck with choppers.
Yeah I contacted thesteve too. I'll wait eagerly for either his or Chop's response. In the meantime, I got plenty of Sega Master System loving to do. :)

turboswimbz

« Reply #321 on: August 12, 2013, 07:29:08 AM »
Ah. well hopefully you have a re-caped pack soon, I have a MD and now a sega pac to have done.   looking forward to gaming on it.  watching my first LD is proving to be fun as well. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

laseractiveguy

« Reply #322 on: August 14, 2013, 03:43:49 AM »
Would anybody be willing to trade some of their LA games (1 or 2) for Myst 110?  Get ahold of me at LaserActiveGuy channel on youtube if interested...   (Season 2 of LaserActiveGuy coming soon...)

xelement5x

« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2013, 06:34:55 AM »
Did you ever get that repro cover printed out?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

laseractiveguy

« Reply #324 on: August 28, 2013, 04:41:14 AM »
 You want me to honestly tell the truth?  I have yet to see the artwork.  I dont even know who did it.... We only had one submission... so unless its total crap  (which I doubt), I have a copy of Zoom 5 ready to be shipped out.... someones gotta pull his finger out of his butt...  For some reason its being held from me...and I'm not sure why.   If that person would like to resubmit it to me personaly... instead of the site, please do... I want to keep my promises.

laseractiveguy

« Reply #325 on: August 28, 2013, 04:49:04 AM »
There is an auction for 2 japanese Time Gals... sealed no-less.... anybody want to go half/half on them?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:53:23 AM by laseractiveguy »

xelement5x

« Reply #326 on: August 28, 2013, 06:04:06 AM »
Good luck, I've never seen a sealed sample disc though, seems kind of odd.  I can't tell from the pictures if the bag is original though, the brand new games have a particular feel and look to them that's hard to duplicate.  They both look like they're in really nice shape though. 

It's also odd though that they seller didn't put the text "Mega LD" of any type in the listing though, seems like you'd really decrease your buyer pool by doing that.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

xelement5x

« Reply #327 on: September 18, 2013, 09:06:19 AM »
BUMP! 

I recently received some PAL Laserdiscs for free with another purchase.  I've no clue what to do with them, but from what I've read they probably will not work in a LaserActive because it's NTSC based right?

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #328 on: September 18, 2013, 02:30:07 PM »
Good luck, I've never seen a sealed sample disc though, seems kind of odd.  I can't tell from the pictures if the bag is original though, the brand new games have a particular feel and look to them that's hard to duplicate.  They both look like they're in really nice shape though. 

It's also odd though that they seller didn't put the text "Mega LD" of any type in the listing though, seems like you'd really decrease your buyer pool by doing that.
Want to know something weird? I had a sealed sample of rocket coaster I just sold not to long ago.... I probable should have kept it.

Keith Courage

« Reply #329 on: September 18, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »
I am also actively doing recaps of these pacs if anyone else ever needs it done.