Author Topic: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-  (Read 17470 times)

esteban

Re: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-
« Reply #405 on: December 29, 2013, 03:20:01 AM »

This still completely disregards the 50 laserdiscs.

If the titles include 5-10 LA games, they run from $30 (Pyramid Patrol) to $400+ (Road Prosecutor and Blue Chicago Blues).  $700 could be the steal of the century if there isn't just 50 copies of Police Academy.

Police Academy isn't that bad of a movie. Ha! 
  |    | 

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #406 on: December 29, 2013, 03:32:35 AM »
This still completely disregards the 50 laserdiscs.

If the titles include 5-10 LA games, they run from $30 (Pyramid Patrol) to $400+ (Road Prosecutor and Blue Chicago Blues).  $700 could be the steal of the century if there isn't just 50 copies of Police Academy.

No LD Games, just movies.  The guy says that there isn't a bios card for the turbo but cd games still work?  Is that possible?

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

turboswimbz

« Reply #407 on: December 29, 2013, 03:46:44 AM »
Well I might be interested in taking some of it off ya, if you do haul it in.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

BlueBMW

« Reply #408 on: December 29, 2013, 03:59:18 AM »
The turbo / pce pacs have a built in 3.0 system bios.  They're basically the equivalent of a Turbo Duo system.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #409 on: December 29, 2013, 08:36:05 AM »
Got my Laseractive today and it plays great. Sega PAC works great too. No glitches or anything, though I'm pretty sure it hasn't been recapped so it will need it eventually. Cosmetically it looks great except for one thing. The cartridge slot door on the Sega PAC seems to hang very loosely and doesn't close all the way. It appears there may be a spring or something missing behind the door that keeps it fully closed. Does anyone have any experience with this or ideas on how to fix this/where to get the parts?

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #410 on: December 29, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »
The turbo / pce pacs have a built in 3.0 system bios.  They're basically the equivalent of a Turbo Duo system.

Oh nice I'll keep hammering the guy.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

vestcoat

« Reply #411 on: December 30, 2013, 05:54:21 AM »
Oh and its totally justified!  Laseractive games offer a unique gaming experience that cant be had elsewhere.
I just play 3DO and use my imagination.

Opethian

« Reply #412 on: December 30, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »
Oh and its totally justified!  Laseractive games offer a unique gaming experience that cant be had elsewhere.
I just play 3DO and use my imagination.
that's one way to endure the load times :P

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #413 on: December 30, 2013, 01:31:26 PM »
Anyone have a spare Laseractive remote and PAC slot door they could part with?

BlueBMW

« Reply #414 on: December 30, 2013, 01:48:37 PM »
You can use just about any Pioneer laserdisc player remote with the laseractive.  Note though that it will only work if the pac is removed, otherwise you will have to use the controller connected to the pac to operate the ld player.  Thats all if you want to watch movies.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

« Reply #415 on: December 30, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »
Anyone have a spare Laseractive remote and PAC slot door they could part with?

Easiest way to get a PAC slot door is buying another LA.  There has been one loose on ebay in the last 3 years.

I have 4 LA CLD A100s, only one came with a door.  Normally if it comes with a Pac installed, the door is long gone.

BlueBMW

« Reply #416 on: December 30, 2013, 03:48:12 PM »
Ive had a total of maybe 14 laseractives pass through my hands and only two of them had pac slot covers.

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #417 on: December 31, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »
I saw a PAC slot cover on Ebay sometime last year but didn't bother to get it and now I'm kicking myself. I'll have a PAC in most of the time so it doesn't matter much but I'd still like to have one. Didn't know that the remote didn't work with a PAC in. That's kind of silly.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #418 on: December 31, 2013, 12:21:18 PM »
Well I'm sure the idea is to make it harder to turn off the unit when playing a game.  If you want to watch a movie you need to eject the PAC anyway, as with a PAC inserted it only outputs in 240p, as opposed to the 480i that most LD's are recorded in.

Personally I don't really care about my missing PAC cover.  To me the LA is strictly a gaming device, if you want to watch movies, you can get a better player for cheaper anyway.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

xelement5x

« Reply #419 on: January 02, 2014, 08:47:36 AM »
Opeler!  Congrats on the Blue Chicago Blues!!  Was that the one up on Surugaya?  I don't feel bad about missing it if it went to another peep here. 

Looks like those US games in Japan went for a decent.  I'm pretty sure if flew under the radar for most folks.  Being the holidays I always have less cashflow and time to think about picking up stuff with family and such.

I've got a door for one of my LAs, but like Clash says if it has a PAC in the slot the door/cover is normally lost to the tides of time.  The one unit I found locally for $30 had no PAC but had the door and was in pristine shape. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story