Author Topic: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-  (Read 17451 times)

xelement5x

Re: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-
« Reply #435 on: February 03, 2014, 04:09:35 AM »
with Paolo, all videos are 3d native, when in 2d mode the game cuts out the doubled half in real time.  If you watch Paolo's vids on another player, will only see the 3d ones.  However the final secret vid is 2d only oddly enough...

That sounds delectable!  I'll need to see if I can get the 3D vid and then set up some goggles..

By the way, that Myst proto Laseractivedude bought is back on the chopping block!
http://cgi.ebay.com/itm/151223300519
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SuperDeadite

« Reply #436 on: February 03, 2014, 11:31:54 AM »
LOL Myst
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

« Reply #437 on: February 03, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »
LOL Myst

We both want it...  but at 1/6 the price.  lol

SuperDeadite

« Reply #438 on: February 03, 2014, 12:52:44 PM »
LOL Myst

We both want it...  but at 1/6 the price.  lol

I love how he says "forget Timegal and Blues" even though those were the games he sold to get this, and has been crying about ever since.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #439 on: February 03, 2014, 01:14:25 PM »
What is the game really worth?

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Opethian

« Reply #440 on: February 03, 2014, 01:38:03 PM »
why don't you buy it and tell us?

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

xelement5x

« Reply #441 on: February 04, 2014, 03:03:54 AM »
What is the game really worth?

As with anything, it's worth what someone will pay.  The original buyer was obviously willing to drop $2500+ on it, but I don't think anyone here thinks it is actually worth that much.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SuperPlay

« Reply #442 on: February 04, 2014, 08:14:26 AM »
Just a thought, do LaserActive LDs suffer from disc-rot like movie LDs?

I mention this as I have around 300 movie LDs and quite a few of them are now showing symptoms of disc-rot with some now unwatchable.

With someLA-LDs fetching top prices does disk-rot not make these a high risk item to buy

(Not sure if I have mentioned this here before, if so sorry!)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:17:34 AM by SuperPlay »

SuperDeadite

« Reply #443 on: February 04, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »
It is possible, but I've never heard of anyone having a rotted LA disc.  All LA discs came out in the mid-90's and all were pressed by Pioneer directly.  Quality was quite good at that point.

Opethian

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

McKie1

« Reply #445 on: February 14, 2014, 04:14:28 PM »
That's a friend of mine selling his LA collection and other items. I believe he picked it up sometime last year!

TheClash603

« Reply #446 on: February 17, 2014, 03:27:36 PM »
That's a friend of mine selling his LA collection and other items. I believe he picked it up sometime last year!

Why did he pick it up and now turn it around so quick?

These things are to be enjoyed for quite some time!  I learn more each time I go back to a game, just playing a time or two doesn't do the LA justice!

SuperDeadite

« Reply #447 on: February 17, 2014, 11:07:36 PM »

Why did he pick it up and now turn it around so quick?

These things are to be enjoyed for quite some time!  I learn more each time I go back to a game, just playing a time or two doesn't do the LA justice!

I've seen a few "collectors" on places like assembler who proudly own TimeGal and even say it's there favorite game, yet do not actually own an LA and have never even played it.  ROLF.

Opethian

« Reply #448 on: February 18, 2014, 01:02:12 AM »
anything expensive must be good right? I mean if people are willing to pay that price it must be for good reason?

TheClash603

« Reply #449 on: February 18, 2014, 03:03:13 AM »
anything expensive must be good right? I mean if people are willing to pay that price it must be for good reason?

In fairness, Time Gal is a great game in its genre.

Also, full disclosure...  I paid a high amount for 3D Australia, so I am somewhat of a hypocrite.