Author Topic: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-  (Read 17466 times)

SuperDeadite

Re: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-
« Reply #510 on: April 02, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »
Triad Stone was developed as an arcade game originally, they finished the animation but never completed the game.  With the birth of CD consoles and the rise of FMV, DataEast chose to pull the animation out of the closet put it up for licensing/sale.  Sega took the footage and gave us Triad Stone.  While some other f*cks took the footage and made Strahl.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Mathius

« Reply #511 on: April 02, 2015, 01:15:22 PM »
Triad Stone was developed as an arcade game originally, they finished the animation but never completed the game.  With the birth of CD consoles and the rise of FMV, DataEast chose to pull the animation out of the closet put it up for licensing/sale.  Sega took the footage and gave us Triad Stone.  While some other f*cks took the footage and made Strahl.

Interesting! :D
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

McKie1

« Reply #512 on: April 02, 2015, 01:56:01 PM »
Thank you for the info. Now makes sense :)

esteban

« Reply #513 on: April 02, 2015, 03:25:31 PM »
Strahl!
  |    | 

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #514 on: April 02, 2015, 03:44:54 PM »

Thanks for the info. It's easily the best game I have for the LA. I'd love to have Road Blaster and Time Gal but that's not happening anytime soon thanks to the insane prices.

xelement5x

« Reply #515 on: April 03, 2015, 08:13:38 AM »

Thanks for the info. It's easily the best game I have for the LA. I'd love to have Road Blaster and Time Gal but that's not happening anytime soon thanks to the insane prices.

Time Gal is solid in the visuals but there are slight delays in the choice selections to the next video.  Nothing horrible but noticable, Road Blaster is quite fun though.  If you keep an eye on stuff in Japan you can get it for a solid price.  I picked my RB for about $100 a year or two ago, mint and complete minus the obi.  I really consider Triad Stone one of the "must own" games for any person with a LA though.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SuperDeadite

« Reply #516 on: April 03, 2015, 12:47:39 PM »
Those delays in TimeGal are caused due to the game having a unique death for every single choice.  The LA has to load video into the digital memory, and it simply isn't big enough to do all that video at once.  Still the best port though.  Triad Stone is the most fun of the 3 anime LD games though imo.

SuperDeadite

esteban

The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-
« Reply #518 on: May 09, 2015, 01:24:12 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-Laser-Active-Display-/141656219383?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fb5e5ef7

I wonder how many of those were made.

I wonder how many are still intact.

FINAL: I know other kiosks (original TG-16) are more appealing, but I wouldn't mind having that LaserActive one. It would still be fun.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:37:05 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #519 on: May 09, 2015, 07:44:38 AM »
Triad Stone is the most fun of the 3 anime LD games though imo.

Agreed!
--DragonmasterDan

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #520 on: May 11, 2015, 03:38:23 AM »
That kiosk looks awfully flimsy, cheap, and not at all what you'd expect from a system sporting a $2000+ msrp (with both pacs).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

BigusSchmuck

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:06:18 AM by BigusSchmuck »

xelement5x

« Reply #522 on: May 11, 2015, 09:49:08 AM »
It looks like it is local pickup only, that's probably part of the problem.  I would love to have that thing but the price is nuts.  Where is TheClash when you need him?!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Bloufo

« Reply #523 on: October 31, 2016, 03:42:40 AM »
Quick question:

Regarding the region differences wrt to LD-ROMĀ² based games. BTW, I have an PAC-N1 module incoming.

I'm wanting to get myself that J.B. Harold: Manhattan Requiem  title. It's the Japanese version. (cheaper than it's US equivalent).

So, will the dialogue, etc, still be in English, or if not, is there an option in the menu that would allow me to change it to English?

blueraven

« Reply #524 on: October 31, 2016, 06:43:30 AM »
I have officially joined this club.

yo.

I want triad stone
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol