Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 70276 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Game Sack
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »
"Awww, crap fish!  Throw it back!"   :lol:

3DO, Virtual Boy, and the Jaguar but no PC-FX; too bad you guys didn't have one of those to talk about.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Joe Redifer

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 12:13:51 PM »
I know, I wish we did.  It looks comfortable from what I can see.

nat

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 04:04:16 PM »
The PC-FX pad is super comfortable, but the D-Pad feels really funky and.... stiff.

guyjin

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 11:42:05 PM »
I know, I wish we did.  It looks comfortable from what I can see.

You should try to convince someone to trade their PC-FX for your Jag.
"it has twice as many bits! and almost twice as many buttons on the controller! And it's made in America, so you know it's high-quality!"
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 07:57:13 AM »
The PC-FX pad is super comfortable, but the D-Pad feels really funky and.... stiff.

So it's similar to the Avenue 6-pad.?
--DragonmasterDan

Joe Redifer

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 10:39:40 AM »
Not my Jag.  I borrowed that controller from someone local.  Please note that I borrowed JUST the controller!

BlueBMW

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »

Its almost identical to the Duo RX pad actually.  Its not that bad, but its not as good as a good old regular Duo pad.

Also, maybe I should send Game Sack a Laseractive to sample :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Joe Redifer

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 12:31:51 PM »
And sample it I would.  Man I'd love to feature that.

BlueBMW

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »
And sample it I would.  Man I'd love to feature that.

It might be worth the shipping each way to make it happen :D  I'm not sure when my next trip out to Colorado will be, but probably sometime in the next year, could do it then.

They can be shipped for around $25 each way.  If I find myself with an extra $50 or so, it might be worth it to do just that :D

Edit:  One problem... good luck fitting a Laseractive in a sack... you'll need a 55 gallon bag or maybe a pickup truck or something.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Joe Redifer

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 03:17:04 PM »
I shall PM you (I'm willing to pay half of the shipping).

Mathius

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 03:25:12 PM »
I should've sent you my Hori Digital Pad for the GameBoy Player, Joe. I think even you would enjoy the look and feel of one of these. :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

RR1980

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
if beamer is gonna drop off the LA in person why not have him on camera to do the review with since he's the expert/ambassador of the LA! :)

Black Tiger

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 06:51:40 PM »

The d-pad of the PC-FX/Duo RX controller is pretty much unusable compared to regular PCE pads and the buttons aren't as responsive and don't feel nearly as nice. It's fine for turn based RPGs and digital comic adventures and such, but it sucks for action games.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nat

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 08:22:29 PM »

Its almost identical to the Duo RX pad actually.  Its not that bad, but its not as good as a good old regular Duo pad.

Right. But don't get the Duo RX pad confused with the Avenue 6 pad. While the PC-FX pad and the Duo RX pad are the same thing, the Ave 6 is completely different. The D-Pad on an Ave 6 is more or less the same as a standard Duo Pad.

The d-pad of the PC-FX/Duo RX controller is pretty much unusable compared to regular PCE pads and the buttons aren't as responsive and don't feel nearly as nice. It's fine for turn based RPGs and digital comic adventures and such, but it sucks for action games.

I agree with most of this stuff, except the part about the action buttons. I've never had a problem with those, but that D-Pad has some serious issues.

Black Tiger

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 08:27:47 AM »

I agree with most of this stuff, except the part about the action buttons. I've never had a problem with those, but that D-Pad has some serious issues.

I don't have a problem with the buttons either, only the d-pad. The buttons just aren't as nice as standard PCE pads, which are my favorite of all time. It just seemed like a step backward at the time. If only the PC-FX used a PCE style connection. I image that you could probably swap out or rewire a PC-FX cable into an Ave 6 pad.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum