Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72534 times)

GohanX

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #345 on: March 12, 2012, 02:27:41 AM »
It's not fair that a port on superior hardware is better! Waaaah!

I played some of the original arcade game through one of the Capcom collections a while back and although the game was better, the music is awful. Turbo version 4 life.

Terminarcade

« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2012, 02:39:39 AM »
I have lots of catching up to do... but great show Joe Redifer  :clap:

guyjin

« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2012, 02:39:27 PM »
Almost as entertaining as the episode itself is watching the Genesis fans come out of the woodwork in the comments section and start complaining how it's "not fair" to compare the Turbo port of Forgotten Worlds to the "early release" Genesis port. Not only that, but the Turbo port is "hundreds of megs" because it's on CD-ROM and must also take advantage of the "CPU upgrades" offered by the Turbo's CD-ROM drive.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

esteban

« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2012, 05:55:27 PM »
Bet you $50 that all those arguments taking place are just Nintega using his multiple accounts to argue with himself. :P

hahahhahahahahahahahahahhaa.
  |    | 

Tatsujin

Re: Game Snack
« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2012, 06:12:22 PM »
Almost as entertaining as the episode itself is watching the Genesis fans come out of the woodwork in the comments section and start complaining how it's "not fair" to compare the Turbo port of Forgotten Worlds to the "early release" Genesis port. Not only that, but the Turbo port is "hundreds of megs" because it's on CD-ROM and must also take advantage of the "CPU upgrades" offered by the Turbo's CD-ROM drive.

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #350 on: March 15, 2012, 04:45:47 AM »
Game Sack mini-infomercial
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #351 on: March 15, 2012, 06:30:43 PM »

esteban

« Reply #352 on: March 17, 2012, 07:13:32 PM »
  |    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #353 on: March 18, 2012, 02:12:49 AM »
I like the 1993 EGM video game buyers guide on Joe's desk.
--DragonmasterDan

Joe Redifer

« Reply #354 on: March 18, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »

nat

« Reply #355 on: March 18, 2012, 04:10:08 PM »
Why is it some YouTube videos are unable to load fast enough to avoid buffering every 6 seconds? This is the first time I've had this problem with a GameSack episode, but I've had it before with other stuff. No, it's not my connection, I have Comcast super-duper-explosive high speed broadband. It's something within YouTube that causes it, and it's only certain videos (but always the same ones).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #356 on: March 18, 2012, 04:17:45 PM »
This one doesn't do it for me.  Could be your local Comcast Youtube cache not catching up or some shit.

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #357 on: March 18, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »
Enjoyed this episode, especially with the Alex Kidd stuff. I've never played Alex Kidd in Shinobi World and as a huge Shinobi fan I'm off to buy a copy right now. Damn you Game Sack!! Spending all of my money!!

Also, if you are talking about games that never left Japan, Megumi Rescue for the Mark III/SMS is a freaking awesome game. You need the paddle controller to play it, but I'd say it's worth picking up just for this one. Been so addicted to it lately. You are an acrobat saving people from a burning building with cheerful music playing in the background, but what's great is that if you aren't fast enough the people fall to their deaths, turning into skeletons below, but as long as you survive it just means a slightly lower score for you. And also what's funny is how they decide the point value of the various people you save. An old lady, gangster, or junior high school student are only worth 100 points each, where as aerobics instructors, nurses, sumo wrestlers, or even cats are worth far more. So when you have to choose between two people falling to their gory deaths, you have to consider who is a more valuable human being. Interesting social commentary! Plus all of the stages are different, the difficulty ramps up perfectly, there are tons of different items to help you along the way, and the colorful graphics are great. One of my favorite Mark III exclusives!

Mathius

« Reply #358 on: March 18, 2012, 05:21:43 PM »
Super Mario World was the first game I played on the SNES. But, Actraiser was the first game for the system I fell in love with! I got it shortly after its release and I still have my original copy. Wish I still had my box and manual though.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Joe Redifer

« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
I greatly dislike Megumi Rescue.  It has so many gameplay flaws.  Maybe if I were older and gaming during the Colecovision days I could appreciate it more.  Game MUST be played on MUTE.  Really interesting that you mentioned it, though.