Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72092 times)

roflmao

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #390 on: April 09, 2012, 08:48:28 AM »
If you don't have one yet get a Hori Digital Controller. They are rare and expensive but totally worth it for playing GB and GBA games.

Wow, those look pretty slick!  I'll keep my eye out for one. 

On a semi related note, I just dug out my old Madcatz RetroCon controller for the PS2.  I remember getting it back when I was playing a lot of emulation on the Dreamcast and used an adapter to hook this controller up.  I never was a big fan of the Dreamcast controller, especially for old 8-big games. :D

Joe Redifer

« Reply #391 on: April 09, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »
The GBA adapter is pretty awesome, but some games look pretty bad blown up.  Gunstar Super Heroes was pretty grainy and bad looking.  I just wish it didn't need a boot disc and had all of the pertinent info built into the GB Player.

AM DISAPPOINT :(

Well too bad for you!

roflmao

« Reply #392 on: April 09, 2012, 11:33:09 AM »
The GBA adapter is pretty awesome, but some games look pretty bad blown up.  Gunstar Super Heroes was pretty grainy and bad looking.  I just wish it didn't need a boot disc and had all of the pertinent info built into the GB Player.

Yeah, having to run a disc to play GBA games is a pain.  At least they could have made the disc case the same as a normal game case.  It's the once disc that gets the most use for the GC and the game case has a sleeve! Meh.

Digi.k

« Reply #393 on: April 09, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »
good I enjoyed that episode and didn't feel the need to turn the volume down when you both spoke :P

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #394 on: April 09, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »
The GBA adapter is pretty awesome, but some games look pretty bad blown up.  Gunstar Super Heroes was pretty grainy and bad looking.  I just wish it didn't need a boot disc and had all of the pertinent info built into the GB Player.

Well, at least it and the Super Game Boy exists. Where is our Mega Game Gear Adapter SEGA!? Where is it, dammit!!? :evil: I have so many great GG games that I don't have the patience to play on that old washed out screen any more... I'm highly considering doing a consolized Game Gear mod so I can play some of these on the TV.

If these were ever produced in any number I would pay a very large sum for one:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:28:52 PM by Samurai Ghost »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #395 on: April 09, 2012, 10:37:51 PM »
Quote from: Digi.k
good I enjoyed that episode and didn't feel the need to turn the volume down when you both spoke :P

??? Mastered at the same levels as all of the other episodes.

Quote from: roflmao
At least they could have made the disc case the same as a normal game case.  It's the once disc that gets the most use for the GC and the game case has a sleeve! Meh.

That's how Japanese Gamecube games come.  For once the US got way better box designs than Japan.  Actually I take that back.  The SMS had far better boxes than Japan (not box art, just the boxes).

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #396 on: April 09, 2012, 11:13:42 PM »
Yeah, totally agree with you about the SMS boxes. I usually buy Japanese games because I enjoy the games as they were originally intended, untainted by bad translations and censorship, but the Mark III boxes SUCK. Paper boxes are horrible, really. Luckily I'm not a Nintendo fanboy as I'd drive myself crazy trying to track down and maintain a collection of easily destroyed paper boxes. Give me sturdy clamshell cases any day of the week! They look better, last longer, shelve better, protect manuals better, and are just BETTER.

Colossus1574

« Reply #397 on: April 10, 2012, 01:06:41 AM »
Great episode guys! Couldn't agree more with all the games chosen to be highlighted (but i must make a minor correction, you guys mentioned Smash Bros. being the only fighting game on the CG, but they actually had a SUPER fighter in Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO and also SoulCalibur 2 w/Link exclusive)

I've actually only discovered you're shows today and have been having such an entertaining time catching up on past episodes as you guys have chosen some pretty interesting topics to cover  :clap: Keep up the great work and keep the jokes coming  :D (Rayxambar!!!)

Colossus1574

« Reply #398 on: April 10, 2012, 01:09:55 AM »
oh one more thing...
anybody have any suggestions on where to find cheap Component cables for the GC? all the ones on Ebay are ridiculous... $100+ !?!?!?!

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #399 on: April 10, 2012, 01:36:11 AM »
Great episode guys! Couldn't agree more with all the games chosen to be highlighted (but i must make a minor correction, you guys mentioned Smash Bros. being the only fighting game on the CG, but they actually had a SUPER fighter in Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO and also SoulCalibur 2 w/Link exclusive)

Yeah but I think they were talking about GC exclusives? Those are both multi-platform games (extra characters aside).

roflmao

« Reply #400 on: April 10, 2012, 02:58:08 AM »
oh one more thing...
anybody have any suggestions on where to find cheap Component cables for the GC? all the ones on Ebay are ridiculous... $100+ !?!?!?!

I'd be interested in knowing this as well.  I'm tempted to pick up a Wii so I can play GC games in progressive. :D

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #401 on: April 10, 2012, 05:23:36 AM »
...you guys mentioned Smash Bros. being the only fighting game on the CG, but they actually had a SUPER fighter in Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO and also SoulCalibur 2 w/Link exclusive)
I caught that also BUT the Sack Bros where making a comment on the fighters that did not come out rather than Smash was the only fighter. And quite frankly EO version of CvS2 is ass, PS2 was the standard.

Another quality ep guys!
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Tatsujin

« Reply #402 on: April 10, 2012, 02:57:46 PM »

AM DISAPPOINT :(

Well too bad for you!

Oh the shows quality was good (probably one of the best so far), just I was looking forward to see something different than ..the.. Nintendo Game Cube, at that night.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #403 on: April 12, 2012, 01:33:42 AM »

I'd be interested in knowing this as well.  I'm tempted to pick up a Wii so I can play GC games in progressive. :D

Those component cables were only produced for a short amount of time (just like the component capable hardware). That's why they're so expensive, and I'm not aware of any third party cables having been made. Considering the Wii is backwards compatible the need for those cables isn't super high.
--DragonmasterDan

Colossus1574

« Reply #404 on: April 12, 2012, 09:40:52 AM »
...you guys mentioned Smash Bros. being the only fighting game on the CG, but they actually had a SUPER fighter in Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO and also SoulCalibur 2 w/Link exclusive)
I caught that also BUT the Sack Bros where making a comment on the fighters that did not come out rather than Smash was the only fighter. And quite frankly EO version of CvS2 is ass, PS2 was the standard.

Another quality ep guys!

Being the gamecube/nintendo, there wasn't much chance of any fighting game showing up on the GC that would be exclusive...the only thing would've been a KICKASS sequel of KILLER INSTINCT if Rare decided to continue on with the series... :evil:
I think the CvS2 itself for the GC is fine...just kinda laughable they had to provide an "easy operation" mode to overcome their fight unfriendly controllers...and yes, i agree with u on the ps2 ver. That's one i got and we played that game to death, dunno how many man hours logged in on that thing...

Those component cables were only produced for a short amount of time (just like the component capable hardware). That's why they're so expensive, and I'm not aware of any third party cables having been made. Considering the Wii is backwards compatible the need for those cables isn't super high.

Yah, i heard they killed off the component ports in the later releases cause some stupid head at Nintendo said only a small % of their players used it...considering their marketshare was of the younger variety who weren't videophiles i guess it's not a surprise. Sadly, i just want to hook it back up to my Plasma to play the exclusives RE:1 and RE:0  ](*,)