Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72893 times)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: Game Sack
« Reply #435 on: May 06, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »
Newest episode:

The Sega Dreamcast

Just watched it.  Nice one.  I have actually been thinking about getting one of these. 

Mathius

« Reply #436 on: May 06, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »
Newest episode:

The Sega Dreamcast

Just watched it.  Nice one.  I have actually been thinking about getting one of these. 

What??? You don't own a DC??? Bad, Bernie! Bad! Go get one. Now!
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Tatsujin

« Reply #437 on: May 06, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
do you have a DC?
no you don't have a DC.
get you a DC!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

roflmao

« Reply #438 on: May 06, 2012, 04:34:37 PM »
It's an amazing system, marred (imo) by a controller that is uncomfortable after extended use and a really loud disc drive.  Of course I jumped all over it when it was released, as I did when the Turbografx-16 was released.   :?  Hooray for supporting the underdog.

I spent countless hours in college playing Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue, and Skies of Arcadia.  It really was ahead of its time.  And who could forget Bleemcast!  Playing Gran Turismo 2 on the Dreamcast was bittersweet, as I remember the magazine ads saying you'd be able to play nearly any PS1 game on the DC.  It still kicked ass though.  I only wish I had picked up the other Bleemcast discs (I remember there was at least a Metal Gear Solid one).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #439 on: May 06, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
I was never able to play Bleemcast. I think it was banned before it came out in this part of the country or something, or maybe it was mail order only here.

roflmao

« Reply #440 on: May 06, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
Surprisingly, after a quick ebay search, the Bleemcast discs don't go for very much right now.  I just picked up the Metal Gear Solid one for $10 shipped.  Of course you still need the original PS1 game as well.

It looks like they released Bleemcast discs for Gran Turismo 2, Tekken 3, and Metal Gear Solid.  It's too bad they weren't able to release one disc, as originally intended, that would play most of the PS1 library.

Mathius

« Reply #441 on: May 06, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »
I remember seeing Bleemcast! for sale at my local Electronics Boutique back in the day.   

...I really miss that store.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Tatsujin

« Reply #442 on: May 06, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »
it's more of a blamecast.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

roflmao

« Reply #443 on: May 06, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
I remember seeing Bleemcast! for sale at my local Electronics Boutique back in the day.   

...I really miss that store.

Me too. :(  That's where I got my GT Bleemcast! disc (I think it works for both GT1 and GT2 but I sold GT1 bitd when GT2 came out).  It came in a cardboard sleeve and was sitting on the counter.

I miss those days.  I think that same store sold me a used Dragonforce for the Saturn and Super Mario RPG for the SNES.  Oh, the memories.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #444 on: May 07, 2012, 12:00:06 AM »
I got rid of my DC.  It was fun for awhile, but the exclusives didn't have much lasting power.  Most of the games I truly liked ended up getting upgrades on other systems.  I still have a few games floating around, but it's been years since I've had a system.  Ironically I do still have an official VGA box and a nice 3rd party japanese RGB cable as well since those are hard to replace.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #445 on: May 07, 2012, 12:06:17 AM »
I was never able to play Bleemcast. I think it was banned before it came out in this part of the country or something, or maybe it was mail order only here.

It came out, but they released "packs" which would allow you to play particular games rather than an "all in one" emulator.
--DragonmasterDan

Ji-L87

« Reply #446 on: May 07, 2012, 05:02:36 AM »
Nice episode, I don't mind waiting if this is the reward. I never owned a N64 because, SEGA kid as I was, I was looking forward to that sleek beast. Although being impressed by it, my friends never bought one and skipped to the PS2 instead I guess. Mine still works, but control ports are a bit wonky. Considering how much I loved system, it's alarmingly under represented in my collection, which is weird.
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

spenoza

« Reply #447 on: May 08, 2012, 06:18:58 AM »
I think the Dreamcast is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, systems. I spent time with those games. I was invested. There was a lot of creative product that simply hasn't been out any where else in the same form. Lots of games have had sequels or remakes, but the DC versions remain the best of those titles.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Colossus1574

« Reply #448 on: May 08, 2012, 05:43:59 PM »
Yep, DC was too short lived unfortunately...I do think the piracy did some damage on software sales,  poor move on Sega's staff during the design stage.
I also think it got hurt pretty bad by not having a built in DVD player which probably helped the ol' PS2 sell hella alot more units. Now it would be unfathomable for Sega to even think of getting back into the console market  :cry:

SMF

« Reply #449 on: May 08, 2012, 06:08:39 PM »
I love my Dreamcast. Got one when it first came out loved the hell out of the 2K sports and Marvel vs Capcoms also if you only ever played Shenmu on xbox you should go bash your head inro a wall lol. But I do remember playing GTA2 and Seaman lol. Seaman was cool I got him to move the dam rock and grow legs and walk then the bastard died on me lol.

I have Nintendo emulator discs for DC use. Gameboy, Nes and snes. Everygame ever released in all if I'm not mistaken. If I remember correctly you loaded the startup discthen after the load screen came up you tossed in the other disc. Ahhhhh yes memories.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch