Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 73122 times)

Samurai Ghost

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #540 on: June 18, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »
I have the Saturn collection which I like because all of the original arcade games are on there,

Yeah, all of the two ;)
Still, all of them! The Capcom collections are such great values because you get all the major games on one disc rather than shelling out $50+ for one no-frills arcade port.

Sure thing! I have all the makaimura cap collection (makai to kishi) -> PSx (normal release and book release) & Saturn.
in fact I think I have about every makaimura and related game as far japanese console and handheld games go.
back in the days I also had the two PCBs.
for pure collections sake I only need a x68k daimakaimura to complete the everything.

So far out of my head I have the following:

Makaimura:
Makaimura (FC, GBA, PSx reg. & Book, Saturn, PSP).
Daimakaimura (SGFX, MD, PSx reg. & Book, Saturn). (need x68k)
Choumakaimura (SFC, PSX&Book, Saturn)
Choumakaimura R (GBA)
Makaimura for wonderswan (WS)
Goku Makaimura (PSP) (-> there was also a Famitsu demo version)
Goku Makaimura Kai (PSP)

Makaimura related (gaiden):
Red Arremer - Makaimura Gaiden (GB)   
Red Arremer 2 (GB, FC)
Demon's Blazon - Monshou Hen (SFC reg. & SF memory version)
Nazo Makaimura (PSx, Saturn)

Spin off:
Higemaru Makaijima

:)

Damn, you're pretty serious!

So I have to ask you, what do you think of the SGX version? I'll definitely end up buying it at some point, but with the Saturn and MD versions in my collection I wonder how much I'll end up playing it. Still think it looks awesome though and you can't beat the format. Also, you didnt list it but what do you think about the SMS version? Al out picked it up the other day but held back for some reason.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #541 on: June 18, 2012, 09:07:44 PM »
But what about the C64 and Amiga??? XD
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #542 on: June 18, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »
You can't add more sound through the cart on an NES.  They got rid of the audio lines on the cart port.  Not sure why, especially since there are about 1,000 more pins on an NES cart than a Famicom cart.

Nevermind, I got confused about the mapper. There are two different versions of the mapper used in Gimmick and Return of the Joker. FME-7 and a special version of it. The NES prototype and PAL version only use the regular version without the sound lines. The "special" version of it was used on the Famicom version and adds the additional sound.
--DragonmasterDan

Tatsujin

« Reply #543 on: June 19, 2012, 12:31:39 AM »

I have the Saturn collection which I like because all of the original arcade games are on there,

Yeah, all of the two ;)

Still, all of them! The Capcom collections are such great values because you get all the major games on one disc rather than shelling out $50+ for one no-frills arcade port.

Sure thing! I have all the makaimura cap collection (makai to kishi) -> PSx (normal release and book release) & Saturn.
in fact I think I have about every makaimura and related game as far japanese console and handheld games go.
back in the days I also had the two PCBs.
for pure collections sake I only need a x68k daimakaimura to complete the everything.

So far out of my head I have the following:

Makaimura:
Makaimura (FC, GBA, PSx reg. & Book, Saturn, PSP).
Daimakaimura (SGFX, MD, PSx reg. & Book, Saturn). (need x68k)
Choumakaimura (SFC, PSX&Book, Saturn)
Choumakaimura R (GBA)
Makaimura for wonderswan (WS)
Goku Makaimura (PSP) (-> there was also a Famitsu demo version)
Goku Makaimura Kai (PSP)

Makaimura related (gaiden):
Red Arremer - Makaimura Gaiden (GB)   
Red Arremer 2 (GB, FC)
Demon's Blazon - Monshou Hen (SFC reg. & SF memory version)
Nazo Makaimura (PSx, Saturn)

Spin off:
Higemaru Makaijima

:)

Damn, you're pretty serious!

So I have to ask you, what do you think of the SGX version? I'll definitely end up buying it at some point, but with the Saturn and MD versions in my collection I wonder how much I'll end up playing it. Still think it looks awesome though and you can't beat the format. Also, you didnt list it but what do you think about the SMS version? Al out picked it up the other day but held back for some reason.

I didn't list up SMS daimakaimura, because there simply is no sms daimakaimura, since it was only released in oversea :)

As I stated, I have been collecting only JPN versions, and also only console & handheld stuff. x68k would just be a nice to have :)

regarding the SGFX Daimakaimura, i think it is absolutely worth to get it. sure it's a down grade to the other later 32bit near arcade perfect ports, but to see what the SGFX/PCE could do back then and the differences to other ports alone is worth to get it.
Also the SGFX has the most nice cover art of all of em by far.

@dead:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

GohanX

« Reply #544 on: June 19, 2012, 04:51:02 PM »
You can't add more sound through the cart on an NES.  They got rid of the audio lines on the cart port.  Not sure why, especially since there are about 1,000 more pins on an NES cart than a Famicom cart.

IIRC, the extra pins on the NES were for the stupid anti piracy lockout chip that caused a whole generation of kids to weep as their NES's blinked eternally. Famicom extra sound can be played through a US NES with a little modding, but I prefer the "Play on a real Famicom" option.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #545 on: June 20, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
The C64 GNG is garbitch, and the Amiga one has irritating music.

Also:

You pronounced Granzort's title wrong, and Tramiel's last name.  I would've expected at least one of those to be done right, since you moderate here..

Or, maybe I am mistaken and you pronounced it (Granzort. The full title. Not just Granzort, not Tramiel.) fine.  Tramiel is definitely being pronounced wrong.  It's nitpicking.  But, I feel that if you're going to make videos that you take the time to edit and do commentary on, you should at least pronounce words right.

and the commentary sounds way too forced and cheesy.   It was bland to watch because of that.  It grates on me like Gamestop videos and crappy early morning infomercials.

You should have waited til someone gave you Battle Ace.  Or until you bought it yourself.  If you got your hands on a SGX via borrowing or paying, you should have been able to score the easiest to find game for the entire library.. -_-;

Also, wtftempesthatersgtfo.   The Atari hate better be as fake as the Nintendo fanboy schtick.   As crapass, and floppy as the Jaguar turned out to be, it does have enough games on it now that it isn't that bad to own one and get enjoyment out of.  It offers more variety than the SGX even.  Not that this is a real fair comparison...

aside from that, this was one of the better videos.   Better than that Ninja one where you left out Joe and Mac, that's for sure.

EDIT: parenthesis stuff. For clarity. Not that anyone gives two dicks.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:51:01 AM by Arkhan »
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #546 on: June 20, 2012, 11:41:30 AM »
Gran-Zort.  Seems pretty easy to pronounce to me.  The word before it?  Just guessed, didn't care. I even asked Dave how he would pronounce it before I recorded that line.  I pronounced Tramiel the way it is spelled.  I have no other way of knowing how it is pronounced without hearing other people say it.  We get that "too forced" thing all the time.  It's not something we can change, it's just who we are.  LOTS of Youtube shows sound like that.  And I'm not buying games for systems I don't own.  The opinions were based on the games provided.  They were genuine opinions.  The games we played on the Jaguar sucked ass for the most part.

But whatever.  If you don't enjoy the show, don't watch.  We're not trying to be Wikipedia.

Mathius

« Reply #547 on: June 20, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »
Ark, I didn't have any intention of buying Battle Ace just because it's a game I don't feel I'd enjoy too much. I am not a completest collector. I just get what looks fun. :)

The Jag isn't for everyone. Though what I sent was arguably the cream of the crop for the system. I was a little disappointed that Joe didn't enjoy Flashback as it's one of my favorite games on any console. What Joe didn't pick up on is that the Genesis version actually has better music. Plus during certain cinemas on the Jag version the music actually loops every FEW SECONDS! Very ear grating!
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #548 on: June 20, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
Yeah I thought your banter/dialog sounded kind of forced at first, but now I find it completely hilarious. Your videos are always informative and entertaining, which can't be said about around 95% of YouTube based shows. Keep it up guys!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #549 on: June 20, 2012, 06:21:14 PM »
Gran-Zort.  Seems pretty easy to pronounce to me.  The word before it?  Just guessed, didn't care. I even asked Dave how he would pronounce it before I recorded that line.  I pronounced Tramiel the way it is spelled.  I have no other way of knowing how it is pronounced without hearing other people say it.  We get that "too forced" thing all the time.  It's not something we can change, it's just who we are.  LOTS of Youtube shows sound like that.  And I'm not buying games for systems I don't own.  The opinions were based on the games provided.  They were genuine opinions.  The games we played on the Jaguar sucked ass for the most part.

But whatever.  If you don't enjoy the show, don't watch.  We're not trying to be Wikipedia.

Christ, really?  lol, I meant the Madou/Mado O part.  For a moderator at PCEFX, you'd think you'd learn how to pronounce the titles of the games in the NEC library.  Get it together man.

As for Tramiel, it's largely known by most people that it's pronounced "tramel", and was even reflected in the name "Tramel Technology Ltd", yknow, TTL.  Named as such because too many people kept saying "tra meal".  These same people who say it right also know that Joe and Mac are cavemen ninjas.   In fact, the answer to the problem is ON wikipedia.   I just checked.   So, you did have another way to know it.  Research is too cool for the Redifer.  Who has time to read all that shit?!  It's like Iron Soldier.  You're so clueless, so often, man.

Anyway, it's debatable that a lot of the games you played did in fact suck ass.  Tempest 2000 and Defender 2000 don't suck, assuming you like the originals, which you probably don't.

Doom doesn't suck.  Wolf3D doesn't either.  Heck, it's Carmack's favorite version even.  Flashback doesn't suck (but you don't like it.  Or maybe it was the other guy.  You both sound the same).  Iron Soldier is pretty good if you spend the time to figure out how to play it.  Of what you reviewed, you reviewed some fairly solid games for that time-frame.  It's a shame you failed to see that, or whatever.  Bitches fail to see the good in games.  It's the Hydlide Effect.  Sucks to be you guys.

You're confusing "sucked ass" and "didn't like".  Only like, 3 of the games mentioned actually suck ass.   The rest, you just don't like. 

Though, I really basically take your gaming opinions with a grain of salt, because you've often been willfully ignorant of certain games, and you often have strange opinions on games anyway.  Plus I recall someone in the video saying Atari has no good games, or something to that effect.  That's crazy jive.   

I laughed at the reply to my similar post on Atari Age in THAT gamesack thread.   f*ckin classic.  " HURRR YOU HAVE CRITICISM ON TWO FORUMS THEREFORE YOU'S TROLLIN' ITS COO, KEEP FOLLOWING ME".  Give me a break.  Use your f*cking head.  It's big enough.

How could I be following you?  I've been registered at that forum longer than you, you dipshit.  GameSack has 9 posts.  You don't hide behind aliases (or so you've said), and I sure don't see a Joe Redifer registered or posting on Atari Age.   Good Job, detective.  You caught me. You're just upset that you didn't realize I post on AtariAge.  Hence you trying to take the heat off the criticism by calling me a troll and saying I am following you.

Brilliant job dogging the Atari, and posting it on an Atari forum.  Aces.

I'll keep watching the videos, and providing you with feedback.  Eventually, you might take some of it into account.  Just because I have criticism doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching your video or others like it to hear what others have to say.  I've watched every video.  I've only spoken out a few times.  What the hells wrong with criticism?  Sissy.

You simply suck at taking criticism.  You're doing it here, and you've done it in the past.  "DONT LIKE IT, DONT WATCH IT!".  Pfffft.  How about "thank you for your feedback.  Maybe I will consider some of it.  Also, I will pronounce Tramiel right from now on.  Thank you for clarifying.  I don't give enough shits to find things like this out on my own.".

If that's how Insanity's feedback was taken, there'd be no high scores in future titles, Insanity X's player would be slow as balls, and some other crap.  Slow teleporting, bad scroll-margins, no parallax, and crap.

Criticism is an important part of being a growed up, Joe. 

I hope to God you don't sound that dry when you converse normally.  I hope for the sake of all you speak to that it's just your video-speaking that is blander than shit.  I really do find it hard to believe that you sound like an infomercial salesman at all times. 

PS: I didn't call you a pussy, so you can't ban me now.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #550 on: June 20, 2012, 10:53:38 PM »
Damn you're almost starting to remind me of Helgeson, but he pulls it off better and doesn't sound butthurt doing it.

I respond very well to constructive criticism.  I get it all the time.  But yours basically boils down to an angry "u don't no how 2 pronounse granzort u suk u call urslef a mod lol u should no better lol u suk".  So yeah, don't watch the show because a viewer like you is not someone I care about. I honestly do not care what you, Arkhan, personally think.

PS - I don't know how much of the show you've seen but we've made fun of our delivery A LOT during several different episodes.  We keep getting subscribers.  I get people volunteering to send me stuff for the show so I must be doing something right.  Sorry if that flares up your hemorrhoids.

I'll stop feeding the troll now.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:10:45 PM by Joe Redifer »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #551 on: June 21, 2012, 01:09:28 AM »
Remind me not to give JoeRedifer free games anymore.

What I said on AtariAge wasn't even angry.  I even separated the nitpicking.  Hell, what I said *HERE* was pretty tame too.   It was just *my* opinion of your show.  There aren't even any "f*cks" in it.   I think you're letting your bias towards me cause you to misinterpret anything I say to you as an attempt to piss you off. 

Quote from: Me
ffs, who owns a Jaguar and doesn't own Doom for it?!

and, who doesn't own Battle Ace with a Super Grafx?! FFS! Par for the course, I guess.

Battle Ace isn't great, but it doesn't suck. It's snappy, has nice visuals, and sweet music. It's worth checking out, especially since you already dropped enough to get a SGX in the first place. Do yourself a favor and buy it. I got a copy for like 5 bucks.

The Jaguar is worth it for Defender and Tempest alone. There are enough other games that make it worth owning, much like the Super Grafx.

Try the Jaguar with a pro controller. It's way better.

I found the Flashback portion to be a waste of potential in the video. "Duh duh, it doesn't look any better than the 16-bit ones". It's a port. Not a remake. What'd you want them to do, redo all of the graphics?

Nitpicking:

You mispronounced Madou / Mado O (you can put the lines over the Os.). I expected better. Also, you mispronounced Tramiel. Get with it!

Just a question now, are you guys ever going to do videos where it doesn't sound like you're reading off of cue cards..? Everything sounds fake and forced. Like those videos Gamestop puts out. The video is great, except for the commentary. The flashback part sounded so goony it reminded me of Billy Madison when he talks about Donkey Kong with the little kids.

"I disagree! While Flashback is great, I think Blackthorne is a much better game", or something.

Tempest haters.

You, or Dave (I'm not sure who originally replied), felt the need to cry about it and say I am trolling, because I posted it on two forums.  With different audiences.  This is what you get for being a dipshit.  Now you get the angry (if its even angry?  I think it's more like "Wow, Joe Redifer is a dumbass") stuff.

That's cool you don't care what I think.  At least I can pronounce Tramiel.

That seems to be your modus operandi:   Say/do clueless or stupid shit, get mad when people point it out and laugh at you, tell those people you ain't give no f*cks cause you're a GAME SACKER.

If you think my original post is angry or whatever, I fall back to my original statement that you are a pussy.

Anyway, that's cool you get subscribers.  I was just offering my opinion.  You don't have to listen.  You'd be wise to at least take away from this whole trainwreck that you now learned how to pronounce a word properly for future reference.

I watch your videos without watching them.  So, headphones + do other shit while you two ramble.  So, I don't catch everything on the first pass, and sometimes don't enjoy the video enough to watch again.

Plus, I figured you at least owned a SGX. 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #552 on: June 21, 2012, 04:01:54 AM »
Joe, I demand credit for your new avatar, you picture stealing shmuck.

Actually, I don't know who it goes to.

I have no idea who made it.  Someone did it in the shoutbox.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #553 on: June 21, 2012, 04:18:12 AM »
I enjoy the show guys - the production is fantastic. You had me at "Jet Set Radio Bitches...in your face"

Joe Redifer

« Reply #554 on: June 21, 2012, 10:57:05 AM »
OK Arkhan, thanks for the avatar!  I think it's hilarious!