Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72339 times)

turboswimbz

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #690 on: December 16, 2012, 03:42:14 AM »
I'm sure some people will knock me for this, But My favorite arcade game of all time is Daytona USA (*edit:* and 2)!  Nothing better than throwing a ton of money into a machine, sitting on the sticky seat and showing up everyone playing. Even Had a chance to buy a machine a while back but had no where to put it.  Man I hope they get these back in the arcades after they clean up from Sandy. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:33:54 AM by turboswimbz »
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

spenoza

« Reply #691 on: December 16, 2012, 09:30:48 AM »
I love Daytona USA, especially with a friend or two, but I have to say that I like SCUD Race and Daytona 2 just as much, if not more, if only because of the improved visuals. Visuals aren't everything, though, because as much as I like Sega Rally 2, I hate the latest Sega Rally in the arcades.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

GohanX

« Reply #692 on: December 16, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »
Re: Not being able to hear the voice in Daytona USA HD

The crew chief's voice plays out of the rear speakers on a 5.1 setup. Sounds okay on my setup, although I have the rear speakers turned up a little.

TR0N

« Reply #693 on: December 16, 2012, 04:19:44 PM »
Game Sack-Lincensed Games That Don't Suck

Dave is definitely going to mention the excellent Capcom Disney games on NES. Joe will mention the Sega Disney games...hopefully Sunsoft's NES Batman isn't forgotten!

As tats mention not one disney nes game was mention.......

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

« Reply #694 on: December 16, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »
Game Sack-Lincensed Games That Don't Suck

Dave is definitely going to mention the excellent Capcom Disney games on NES. Joe will mention the Sega Disney games...hopefully Sunsoft's NES Batman isn't forgotten!

As tats mention not one disney nes game was mention.......

Wow, I was 100% wrong! :)
  |    | 

Ji-L87

« Reply #695 on: December 16, 2012, 06:47:15 PM »
I only have limited experience with the Daytona USA arcade version,
but I do quite like the Saturn version. Even if it's jerky and wonky looking :mrgreen:

I DO have some problems winning races and drifting tho', anyone got some techniques to share? :)

Do-dodo-do-do-do-do-do-dooo doooooo DAAAAYYYTOOOOONAAAAAAAA~~~!

*rocks out*
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Tatsujin

« Reply #696 on: December 16, 2012, 11:14:48 PM »
I only have experience with the Arcade Daytona USA. munched me away as much as coins as I would have payed for an original sit-down double cab at homey, back during the few years when it was in our local arcade.
we playewd it literally every day. its was the biggest (s)hit sega probably ever hitted into the arcades! very big cinema!

when the SS version came out, I had nothing left for it than a lil' lol -> :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #697 on: December 17, 2012, 01:57:50 AM »
Props to mentioning Jeff and Tim Follin. I'll have to pick that game up now just to rock out.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Mathius

« Reply #698 on: December 17, 2012, 02:21:14 AM »
Sorry to double post but I wanted to share that Daytonaaaaaaaaa video. I went from thinking that the song was sung by a creepy American dude to loving its Japanese cheese. I am going to pick up both Saturn versions now just because of it.

I have already watched it twice.

Ji-L87

« Reply #699 on: December 17, 2012, 02:54:21 AM »
Some more to rock out to :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!

GohanX

« Reply #700 on: December 17, 2012, 05:36:29 AM »
I DO have some problems winning races and drifting tho', anyone got some techniques to share? :)

Here's a few:

Use the manual transmission. The car is a bit faster than the auto version, and most of the stupid driving tricks you can do in the game are easier with the manual.

Drafting (aka slipstreaming) especially in the beginner course, can make you go faster than your top speed. The manual Hornet's top speed is 201 mph, you can go 208 by drafting.

Learn to drift. The last turn in the beginner course is made to teach you how to drift. Two ways to drift: Slam on the brakes and enter the turn, then use the gas to control the rear end, or downshift in the turn. When you get used to it, use both.

Downshift to slow down. This is an arcade racer, you can't blow the engine up overrevving, so if you need to slow down in a hurry, throw it into 3rd and you'll almost instantly be going at 3rd gear's top speed, which is around 170mph. Doing this in straights is pretty safe, but it's dangerous around corners unless you are trying to initiate a drift.

If you have the HD versions, look at the leaderboards and download the videos for the top players. See what they do and do it yourself! The top times use glitches for the best time, but you can still learn something.

If you are playing on Saturn, unlock the orange car and use it. It's not the fastest car, but it's the easiest to drive for a rookie.

Ji-L87

« Reply #701 on: December 17, 2012, 08:29:38 AM »
Thanks!
I was already driving with manual transmission (racing games are just more fun that way) but I'll give those methods a try. Cheers! :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!

futureman2000

« Reply #702 on: December 17, 2012, 10:47:55 AM »
Sorry to double post but I wanted to share that Daytonaaaaaaaaa video. I went from thinking that the song was sung by a creepy American dude to loving its Japanese cheese. I am going to pick up both Saturn versions now just because of it.

Did he also do "game over yeeeeeeah!"?
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

Mathius

« Reply #703 on: December 17, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »

Did he also do "game over yeeeeeeah!"?

I am fairly positive. :)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #704 on: December 18, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »
That would indeed be very creepy if it was an American dude singing like that. And yep, Game Over Yeah is him, too!

Quote from: JKM
Re: Not being able to hear the voice in Daytona USA HD

The crew chief's voice plays out of the rear speakers on a 5.1 setup. Sounds okay on my setup, although I have the rear speakers turned up a little.

I do play in a 5.1 setup. Actually 7.1. PS3 version is used. Room is set to pink noise at the following levels:

Left = 85db
Center = 85db
Right = 85db
Left Surround = 83db
Left Back Surround = 83db
Right Back Surround = 83db
Right Surround = 83 db
Subwoofer = 95db

That's how I set up real movie theaters so of course I set up my living room the same way. I think maybe Sega just sucks with sound now or I have an option set wrong somewhere.