Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72237 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #720 on: January 22, 2013, 11:18:27 AM »
Eventually we'd like to. But first we must procure systems and games.

wallzter

« Reply #721 on: January 22, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »
The Sg-1000 should be right up Joe's alley!!!

lukester

« Reply #722 on: January 23, 2013, 10:58:44 AM »
The Sg-1000 should be right up Joe's alley!!!

Heheh, the SG-1000 is very different than Sega's later systems. It's like a ColecoVision, but way more badass. Identical specs, as well. Also somewhat like the MSX, but MSX has a ton of weird computer software. I don't collect MSX.

Joe, if you have any questions about the SG-1000, and what games are easiest to find and fun to play, please PM me. I have a good portion of the system's library of fun, arcade-like games. :)

TR0N

« Reply #723 on: January 26, 2013, 08:26:37 PM »
Game Sack Left in Japan 4+Twin Famicom

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

« Reply #724 on: January 26, 2013, 10:42:36 PM »
niec, will watch that later before le sleep :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SuperPlay

« Reply #725 on: January 27, 2013, 01:58:57 AM »
Another great episode :-) Thanks

Mathius

« Reply #726 on: January 27, 2013, 02:10:35 AM »
I am going to wait and watch this tomorrow night with my girlfriend. I loaned Joe the Twin Fami so she will kill me if I watch it without her.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Tatsujin

« Reply #727 on: January 27, 2013, 02:23:48 AM »
hehe^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

spenoza

« Reply #728 on: January 27, 2013, 02:59:45 AM »
Pretty good episode. Wish you'd had more games on disk to show off, especially ones which made better use of the FM capabilities. Zelda 2 was a fantastic example, but it looks like you guys try to record from hardware, and I know it can be a pain to get hold of some titles.

Also, a proposed episode idea, something that's had info around on the 'net for a long time but could use the quality Game Sack treatment: JPN vs US releases. Dracula 3 (NES vs FC, imagery and audio comparison), Bare Knuckle series (US vs JPN), etc... Stuff like that could make for a cool episode, especially since you guys do a great job with quality video and audio presentation.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Mathius

« Reply #729 on: January 27, 2013, 07:15:17 AM »
Pretty good episode. Wish you'd had more games on disk to show off, especially ones which made better use of the FM capabilities. Zelda 2 was a fantastic example, but it looks like you guys try to record from hardware, and I know it can be a pain to get hold of some titles.

Also, a proposed episode idea, something that's had info around on the 'net for a long time but could use the quality Game Sack treatment: JPN vs US releases. Dracula 3 (NES vs FC, imagery and audio comparison), Bare Knuckle series (US vs JPN), etc... Stuff like that could make for a cool episode, especially since you guys do a great job with quality video and audio presentation.

The library of games I have for the FDS are very limited. Wish I had more to send, especially FM capable disks. Though as I have said to Joe I enjoy the NES/Famicom's standard PSG more than the FM. There is just something warmer about the PSG that makes it more listenable. The same can't be said with the Master System's FM. It rocks!

TR0N

« Reply #730 on: January 28, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »

The library of games I have for the FDS are very limited.
To bad i did wonder why joe didn't have much to review.Heck,i could have donated if need be i do have plenty of games for the FDS.

Starfighter

« Reply #731 on: January 30, 2013, 05:20:42 PM »
YOU are Joe? How did I not realize? Maybe because I haven't been around here for quite some time, but anyway. Game Sack is very entertaining, we have just watched all of your videos during tv-dinners and what not. Really sweet.

TR0N

« Reply #732 on: February 09, 2013, 08:16:58 PM »
Overlooked Gems

Mathius

« Reply #733 on: February 10, 2013, 01:41:24 PM »
I am glad Drill Dozer had a mention. Curiously, there are parts of the game that remind me of Air Zonk of all things. Once you power up your drill to level 3 the music changes (there is different music for the other levels too) and the tune sounds like something out of Air Zonk. The blue level complete sequence (I think that is what I am thinking of) looks like Zonk's with it's blue bubbly scrolling background. Very interesting.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:13:51 PM by Mathius »

Ji-L87

« Reply #734 on: February 10, 2013, 07:46:25 PM »
I am glad Drill Dozer had a mention.

Yeah, never heard of this one before but it seemed very interesting, the sprite animation seemed rocking and the rumble feature amusingly silly.

Edit: Just did a quick search for what a boxed copy goes for and stumbled over one of those VGA graded ones. $80 plus shipping, now ain't that a steal :lol:  #-o
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 07:48:26 PM by Ji-L87 »
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.