Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72372 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #780 on: March 31, 2013, 04:15:08 PM »
Didn't watch it yet, but I hope that legion will be covered and that 5th Element too (oh no wait, that ain't no game) LOL.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #781 on: March 31, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
Didn't watch it yet, but I hope that legion will be covered and that 5th Element too (oh no wait, that ain't no game) LOL.

Just watched it earlier. Luckily, I don't believe I ever played any of the mentioned games. Too bad Blaster Master 2 is such a piece. Real shame. It's graphics have a "Shadow of the Beast" thing going on.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Joe Redifer

« Reply #782 on: March 31, 2013, 06:16:47 PM »
Yeah I really kind of liked the art in Blaster Master 2 and was sooooo let down by the game. The original was a game that made me sad I didn't have an NES.

Quote from: DragonmanserDan
Thanks for covering Night Creatures, I hate that game too

Oh yeah... I'd still rather play it than Aero the Acro-Bat, though. And Blaster Master 2. I don't know how Sunsoft did it, but they were able to produce games that made me physically ill to play. And guess who had to play them for the episode since he's the only one amongst the Game Sack crew who has a Genesis with S-video? And then spend more time with them in editing? The first "Really Bad Games" episode was kind of fun because the games were so bad you could laugh at them. Not these. They're just bad. They cause pain.

esteban

« Reply #783 on: March 31, 2013, 11:58:12 PM »

Oh yeah... I'd still rather play it than Aero the Acro-Bat, though. And Blaster Master 2. I don't know how Sunsoft did it, but they were able to produce games that made me physically ill to play. And guess who had to play them for the episode since he's the only one amongst the Game Sack crew who has a Genesis with S-video? And then spend more time with them in editing? The first "Really Bad Games" episode was kind of fun because the games were so bad you could laugh at them. Not these. They're just bad. They cause pain.

You covered Sword of Sodan in an earlier episode, correct? I'd rather play Sword of Sodan (which is wretched, as you know) than Blaster Master 2.

|    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #784 on: April 01, 2013, 01:53:37 AM »
lol great show, even some titles didn't feel all that crappy as they do appear in a first glimpse.

great ending too. altough I really wished you guys mean it for real.. oh you know what have should been written here instead :P
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:14:28 AM by Tatsujin »
www.pcedaisakusen.net

jeffhlewis

« Reply #785 on: April 01, 2013, 02:48:27 AM »

You covered Sword of Sodan in an earlier episode, correct? I'd rather play Sword of Sodan (which is wretched, as you know) than Blaster Master 2.

Oh god I got that game for xmas one year because it looked awesome in the magazines. I was completely and utterly horrified after the first 5 minutes.

The worst part, is that I was at that age where you just suck it up and play it anyway because you're not getting another new game for 6 months, haha.

TR0N

« Reply #786 on: April 13, 2013, 08:31:08 PM »
Game Sack-Gaming on a Budget

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Ji-L87

« Reply #787 on: April 13, 2013, 10:13:12 PM »
*monocle*

True class. Loved the after-credits bonus :)
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

turboswimbz

« Reply #788 on: April 14, 2013, 01:43:18 AM »
great episode! Enjoyed it quite a bit.  Now to find a few of these.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

esteban

« Reply #789 on: April 14, 2013, 07:12:35 AM »
NEVER DISAPPOINTS! Ever.

My daughter and I especially loved the props/wardrobe used in this episode (an instant classic, goddammit).

|    | 

TR0N

« Reply #790 on: April 15, 2013, 11:45:10 PM »
NEVER DISAPPOINTS! Ever.

My daughter and I especially loved the props/wardrobe used in this episode (an instant classic, goddammit).

Ditto,they did show a good of deal of games that can be bought rather cheaply.Still after reading most of the comments in the video.I spotted a few that had to be dicks about it saying emulation is free.I guess they miss the point of the video  :P

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

« Reply #791 on: April 16, 2013, 12:21:38 AM »
f*ck those emu kids. they don't know shit about playfun and such.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Mathius

« Reply #792 on: April 16, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »
I think I enjoyed the music you played in place of Tony Hawk's actual "tunes" more!
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #793 on: April 17, 2013, 01:14:12 AM »
I love how you guys keep it fresh. I try other YT channels, but I keep coming back to GS. Just the right mix of facts and aloofness.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

jeffhlewis

« Reply #794 on: April 17, 2013, 06:04:18 AM »
Also you guys understand the concept of "lighting" and "production values". Some other YT stuff is damn near unwatchable for those reasons.