Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72428 times)

esteban

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #825 on: May 25, 2013, 11:06:25 PM »
oh kewl, will watch that.

I am really curious about this. I forgot about it, in fact....
  |    | 

Ji-L87

« Reply #826 on: May 26, 2013, 02:15:49 AM »
Great episode, just watching Neo Geo sprites & graphics makes me happy. Even if the screen tears like mad and the sharpness is horribad. Nice camerawork and great bonus ending :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!
There is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Mathius

« Reply #827 on: May 26, 2013, 02:56:18 PM »
LOL at the ending.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

roflmao

« Reply #828 on: May 26, 2013, 02:59:51 PM »
Love the ending!  Another great episopde. 

I nearly pre-purchased one of those, but am glad I've waited.  Hopefully the sound and video issues will be worked out with a firmware update and I can pick one up in the future.  I realize that people have hacked it, but if I want a hacked device, I'd look at the JXD s7300. :)

Tatsujin

« Reply #829 on: May 26, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »
LOL at the ending.

LOL indeed!

Great ep. Only thing I didn't like in particular was Joe's kinda ignorant review of Last Resort :P
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #830 on: May 26, 2013, 03:46:44 PM »
LOL at the ending.

LOL indeed!

Great ep. Only thing I didn't like in particular was Joe's kinda ignorant review of Last Resort :P

I have found Last Resort to be a fair shooter, but very hard to get into. Credit feeding has been the only way for me to make any progress and there isn't any fun in that. Granted, the only version I have access to is on SNK Classics for the PS2, though I doubt it would make any difference if I had an actual copy. Plus Last Resort doesn't hold my interest like other shooties, e.g. Galactic Attack and Spriggan. The game's presentation is very nice though.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Joe Redifer

« Reply #831 on: May 26, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
I love the internet. If I don't think of a game the exact same way someone else does, I'm the one who is ignorant.   ](*,)

Tatsujin

« Reply #832 on: May 26, 2013, 04:25:20 PM »
LOL, mind the :P smiley. It's not serious to take stuff. It's just I so <3 that game, so I had to rant a lil bit..hehe.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

SuperDeadite

« Reply #833 on: May 26, 2013, 06:29:03 PM »
The thing with Last Resort is that it's a 100% offensive based game.  The Unit is not meant to be used as a shield, you should be firing it non-stop.  A few hints, the orange unit sticks to walls, and is extremely useful.  Also be aware the charge gauge does not determine power, just how far the unit will fly.  This is a game all about getting up really close and smashing it all with the unit.   The 2nd loop has some cool surprises too. :)  Honestly I find this game way easier then R-Type, but you can't be a chicken, you have to run in and destroy.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Joe Redifer

« Reply #834 on: May 26, 2013, 08:59:45 PM »
Hmmm... a rapid fire button might help. Did they ever make a Neo Geo Advantage? They should have.

Tatsujin

« Reply #835 on: May 26, 2013, 10:37:16 PM »
No, with a rapid button the drone/globe/shield is becoming useless.
You must charge and blast all the time. And between that you can let off some rockets and lazers.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

TR0N

« Reply #836 on: May 26, 2013, 10:59:11 PM »
Game Sack The Neo Geo X Portable System

I forgot to add,i also found the end of the video to be very funny as well.Beside what superdeadite mention about last resort is how you play it to enjoy it.Then again last resort is very similar to r-type which is why i enjoy it highly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:06:14 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

GohanX

« Reply #837 on: May 27, 2013, 04:56:34 AM »
Also be aware the charge gauge does not determine power, just how far the unit will fly. 

I've had this game on CD for years and had no idea about that. Thanks!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #838 on: May 27, 2013, 12:25:21 PM »
Then again last resort is very similar to r-type which is why i enjoy it highly.

Nah. There's definitely something missing that R-Type has. The drone thingy in R-Type is much more cool for one. The enemies are much more interesting. The music is better (at least on the Turbo, not in the arcade). R-Type doesn't have those ear-piercingly annoying PSG sound effects that so many Neo Geo games do. And it doesn't try to blatantly rip off its artwork which gives Last Restort sort of a cheap Chinese knock-off type of feel. There's "Inspired by" and then there's "Inspired a little too much by".

The game would probably be much easier without the control lag, also.

Tatsujin

« Reply #839 on: May 27, 2013, 03:58:07 PM »
Then again last resort is very similar to r-type which is why i enjoy it highly.

Nah. There's definitely something missing that R-Type has. The drone thingy in R-Type is much more cool for one. The enemies are much more interesting. The music is better (at least on the Turbo, not in the arcade). R-Type doesn't have those ear-piercingly annoying PSG sound effects that so many Neo Geo games do. And it doesn't try to blatantly rip off its artwork which gives Last Restort sort of a cheap Chinese knock-off type of feel. There's "Inspired by" and then there's "Inspired a little too much by".

The game would probably be much easier without the control lag, also.

You just did not realize of how to use the drone in a fun way. The R-Type's drone may look cooler, but the Last Resort's drone can be used much more efficient and really adds a lot of value to the game.

The music is fantastic in LR, the PSG sound effex are debatable.

Also LR isn't really a blatant R-Type rip off since it is made by the very same IREM peeps that made R-Type.

An just as a side note, I also do love R-Type more than Last Resort, and that will never change. But this doesn't change the fact that LR is a fantastic game of its own kind.
www.pcedaisakusen.net