Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72275 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #885 on: June 15, 2013, 06:21:19 AM »
At least rarer than 50% from the last GS show :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Joe Redifer

« Reply #886 on: June 15, 2013, 12:41:06 PM »
Damn Tats, you're hard to please. Sorry our show wasn't rare enough for you. Send us some rare games and we'll feature them.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #887 on: June 15, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »
I have Beyond Shadowgate. Just finished playing it. That one's rare?

Yeah I rarely see that one pop up on ebay and when I do, its crazy expensive. Well a couple of hundred dollars usually... There is a list of them here that has been probably posted at some point: http://www.racketboy.com/retro/turbografx-16/the-rarest-most-valuable-pc-engine-turbografx-16-games
Another thought, a good episode would be games that were obviously ripping off/cloning from another game. A good example would be the whole Fighter's History debacle and how it was supposedly ripping off Street Fighter 2. I could go on to include Dungeon Explorer vs Gauntlet and Neutopia vs The Legend of Zelda but I'm sure I'll get a lot of flak here as I'm sure people think Neutopia/Dungeon Explorer are superior games. :P

Mathius

« Reply #888 on: June 15, 2013, 02:40:58 PM »
Dungeon Explorer is definitely the superior game. I think Neutopia has some fine music and atmosphere, but doesn't hold up the imaginative standards set by The Legend of Zelda. The first three Zelda games have a soul.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #889 on: June 15, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »
Is the CDi episode coming any time soon?
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #890 on: June 15, 2013, 03:12:19 PM »
Dungeon Explorer is definitely the superior game. I think Neutopia has some fine music and atmosphere, but doesn't hold up the imaginative standards set by The Legend of Zelda. The first three Zelda games have a soul.
I likes them both. :) I also think a Wolfenstein 3D vs Doom is in order too.

allyourblood

« Reply #891 on: June 15, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »

I loved Zelda and LttP both (and the two Neutopias!), but when it comes to these types of games, I always pick Crusader of Centy first. A lot of people will disagree with me, but I love the FM tunes and the way the game controls. It's a reasonably long game and has lots of cool little hidden surprises and funny remarks from NPCs. To me it feels like a perfect mix of the depth of LttP with the lighter action-first vibe of Neutopia.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Tatsujin

« Reply #892 on: June 15, 2013, 03:25:05 PM »
Damn Tats, you're hard to please. Sorry our show wasn't rare enough for you. Send us some rare games and we'll feature them.

Lol, just saying. And it was a very entertaining episode :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #893 on: June 15, 2013, 03:32:34 PM »

I loved Zelda and LttP both (and the two Neutopias!), but when it comes to these types of games, I always pick Crusader of Centy first. A lot of people will disagree with me, but I love the FM tunes and the way the game controls. It's a reasonably long game and has lots of cool little hidden surprises and funny remarks from NPCs. To me it feels like a perfect mix of the depth of LttP with the lighter action-first vibe of Neutopia.

Crusader of Centy is a game that has always eluded me. I have never seen it for sale anywhere (aside from ebay). One day I hope to see what all the fuss is about. I refuse to emulate games in most cases.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #894 on: June 15, 2013, 03:42:18 PM »

Crusader of Centy is a game that has always eluded me. I have never seen it for sale anywhere (aside from ebay). One day I hope to see what all the fuss is about. I refuse to emulate games in most cases.
I'm not sure if its worth $90, but I do recall renting it in the olden days... I didn't really find it very enjoyable in those days but that's probably due the fact I was busy playing of Secret of Evermore to give it a second chance.

allyourblood

« Reply #895 on: June 15, 2013, 03:56:48 PM »

When I started high school, I had given up on games for a couple years (girls, guitar, etc), and passed my 16-bit systems down to my little brother. By this time Genesis games were starting to appear at yard sales, swap meets, and thrift stores pretty regularly. My parents bought him a box of games that included Crusader of Centy. I saw him playing it and got hooked right away.

After I moved out, I was lucky and bought mine for cheaps, locally if I recall, but yeah, this one fetches a pretty high price online. I love the game and considering how short of a run it likely had, I'm not surprised that it's priced more than other games. But it's disappointing to see it going for such a high price since I always hear from folks who say they've never played it.

I don't care much for emulation either and that's why I haven't played any of my recent TGCD purchases or some of the more expensive TG games (MC, Tonma, Bonk 3) so I feel your pain. I imagine you'll enjoy it when you eventually get the chance.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

jeffhlewis

« Reply #896 on: June 15, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »

Game is a complete knock off in a lot of ways but it's definitely not to be missed out on. Great game - my buddy got it in the bargain bin back in like '96 for $5 sealed. Borrowed it from him and had to mail it back to him years later, haha.

TR0N

« Reply #897 on: June 15, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »

Crusader of Centy is a obscure one but a solid action rpg for the genesis.It was a late release by atlus so id assume it didn't have a large run.If you want don't want to emulate it,it can be played off a flashcart.Not to mention the japanese version often go's for $20.00 complete under the name shinsouseseiki ragacenty.When it came out originally i remember it being compared more towards zelda lttp then neutopia.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

roflmao

« Reply #898 on: June 15, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »

I almost beg to differ.  I love A link to the Past. It's one of my favorite games on the snes.  However, my 5 yr old son and I have been playing through it for the past few days and when I popped in Neutopia as a little break, he LOVED it.  It nearly brought a tear to by eye.  We've been playing that ever since.

Mathius

« Reply #899 on: June 16, 2013, 01:32:25 AM »

Crusader of Centy is a obscure one but a solid action rpg for the genesis.It was a late release by atlus so id assume it didn't have a large run.If you want don't want to emulate it,it can be played off a flashcart.Not to mention the japanese version often go's for $20.00 complete under the name shinsouseseiki ragacenty.When it came out originally i remember it being compared more towards zelda lttp then neutopia.

I'll probably hold out for a NA copy. Patience seems to always work out for me.

I almost beg to differ.  I love A link to the Past. It's one of my favorite games on the snes.  However, my 5 yr old son and I have been playing through it for the past few days and when I popped in Neutopia as a little break, he LOVED it.  It nearly brought a tear to by eye.  We've been playing that ever since.

This warms my heart. Have you shown him the original Zelda yet?