Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72378 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #915 on: June 22, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
Hahaha!!!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

esteban

« Reply #916 on: June 22, 2013, 06:55:16 PM »
You should have him stand-in for an episode and see if anyone notices.

Great idea! If only Joe could do this. 
  |    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #917 on: June 22, 2013, 06:56:52 PM »
No way would I ever do that. The audience would probably prefer him!

TR0N

« Reply #918 on: June 22, 2013, 08:00:42 PM »
GaMe SacK-mOre oVerlooked gEms

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

« Reply #919 on: June 22, 2013, 11:32:12 PM »
watcheen that nao :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net

SuperDeadite

« Reply #920 on: June 23, 2013, 12:26:22 AM »
The problem with Elemental Master, is that Undeadline just destroys it in all aspects.  EM is a decent game, but man Undeadline just does it so much better.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

« Reply #921 on: June 23, 2013, 12:37:13 AM »
the white socks duo :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #922 on: June 23, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »
Cool episode, glad we finally saw some Beyond Shadowgate loving!

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #923 on: June 23, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »
SO glad you mentioned Shinobi Legions.  I have the Japanese version & I love it, cheesy cutscenes and all!
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #924 on: June 24, 2013, 07:46:58 AM »
The problem with Elemental Master, is that Undeadline just destroys it in all aspects.

Not in the music aspect! From what I've played of Undeadline it was initially too hard for me to care about continuing to play it. Elemental Master eases you into the difficulty like a properly designed game should. Games that are hard right off the bat are really only championed by people who consider themselves elite and I don't like those people. That said, I have not really put a lot of time into Undeadline so take my comments with a grain of salt. I do remember liking the cemetery stage.

geise

« Reply #925 on: June 24, 2013, 08:09:48 AM »
Super is probably comparing x68k version anyways, which is totally unfair. :D  Both are good games on the MD, but I also prefer Elemental Master over Undeadline.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #926 on: June 24, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »
Actually I'm comparing the MD versions.   The MD Undeadline was done by PAL Soft and is a totally different game from the MSX and X68000 versions.  The computer versions are both awesome in a masochistic kind of way, but have parts that require pure luck to survive.  PAL Soft's changes for the MD version make it a much better game to actually play.  They completely removed all the random crap, and the focus is on pure skill.  It's a tough game for sure, but never cheap.  It's a lot like R-Type imo, when you die, it's your fault.

Mathius

« Reply #927 on: June 24, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »
Why have I been ignoring Granada for so long? I was picking my jaw up off the keyboard when I saw those sprite rotational effects. Nice!

I have been hoping to come across Elemental Master for ages. Not once have I scored. I'll keep looking.

Dave really sold me on that Kirby game. I am not the hugest fan of Arkanoid clones but sometimes I like to fire one up. Like Metal Orange Kirby looks to be lots of fun!

I picked up Shinobi at MGC this year. I played through a couple stages, then put it down. Yuzo Koshiro really adds so much to the "Shinobi Experience", but I'll try to put my feelings aside and give it another chance. I might track down that European version just to have a different OST to enjoy.

Thanks for all your hard work, Joe and Dave!

Edited for disconnected thoughts that filtered onto the screen.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:04:16 PM by Mathius »
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

SuperDeadite

« Reply #928 on: June 24, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
Why have I been ignoring Granada for so long? I was picking my jaw up off the keyboard when I saw those sprite rotational effects. Nice!

I have been hoping to come across Elemental Master for ages. Not once have I scored. I'll keep looking.

Dave really sold me on that Kirby game. I am not the hugest fan of Arkanoid clones but sometimes I like to fire one up. Aside from Metal Orange Kirby looks to be lots of fun!

I picked up Shinobi at MGC this year. I played through a couple stages, then put it down. Yuzo Koshiro really adds so much to the "Shinobi Experience", but I'll try to put my feelings aside and give it another chance. I might track down that European version just to have a different OST to enjoy.

Don't you own an X68000 now?  Play Granada on that.  It has way better colors then the MD port.

Mathius

« Reply #929 on: June 24, 2013, 04:07:28 PM »

Dave really sold me on that Kirby game. I am not the hugest fan of Arkanoid clones but sometimes I like to fire one up. Aside from Metal Orange Kirby looks to be lots of fun!

Don't you own an X68000 now?  Play Granada on that.  It has way better colors then the MD port.

My collection hasn't grown since MGC. I am set to maybe get hooked up with CF in a few weeks so maybe I can get Beamer to include that game. And if I do I will get the MD version anyway just for comparison's sake. :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406