Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72486 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #945 on: July 20, 2013, 09:27:30 PM »
Cool show, but you really have to lissen to the FM of galaxy Force II. It's lightyears better than the MD version. If nothing else comes near to the arcade, then at least its music does.

Sure has some of the best tunes on any SMS games ever.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #946 on: July 20, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »
Great episode!  The Master System really should have been the NES-killer.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Mathius

« Reply #947 on: July 21, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
Oh man, Joe, my heart was racing when I started watching this episode! There are so many thoughts running through my mind as each game is featured, but I can't spend the time commenting on each feeling. I will say that the PSG version of Space Harrier trumps the FM in that one rare case. Also, I can totally *TOTALLY* relate being obsessive with parallax. I see it everywhere! Especially when I am driving. I guess it isn't too safe looking out my driver window at the scrolling horizon is it?
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

futureman2000

« Reply #948 on: July 21, 2013, 01:18:25 PM »
Awesome episode! I have a strong affinity for the SMS- it was my first console as well. The FM really makes it shine in comparison to the NES, too bad they didn't include it over here. It makes the games seem a lot less glitchy, because it doesn't cut out as much as the PSG (or do I imagine that?).
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #949 on: July 21, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »
Well maybe it's just me, but I think a few games that have FM music also use PSG for some sound effects. I don't think many do this but I'm pretty sure a few do. I wish more did. The FM kind of sucks for sound effects (just listen to the sound effects in Golvellius or Lord of the Sword). Maybe it would have been too difficult or memory intensive to say "use PSG sound effects and let FM do all music"? Or maybe the programmers didn't think to do this? I don't know.

futureman2000

« Reply #950 on: July 21, 2013, 11:31:43 PM »
Wonderboy 3 is one that uses fm for music and psg for the sound effects.
Two games that felt a lot nicer to play with fm were Altered Beast & Vigilante. It's hard to describe, but those were a lot more fun with fm. Altered Beast because it makes the game feel less janky. Vigilante was just more fun with fm- I had never wanted to win it before I played it that way.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #951 on: July 22, 2013, 07:46:19 AM »
I dunno, the bass goes away when I get hit in Wonder Boy 3 I think. At least it does during the boss tune.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #952 on: July 22, 2013, 07:51:55 AM »
This episode made me really want a Master System...

jeffhlewis

« Reply #953 on: July 22, 2013, 08:38:15 AM »
One day someone is going to acknowledge how timeless Shooting Gallery is for the SMS. I'm serious.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #954 on: July 24, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »
Hey Joe, just curious on why you guys haven't done a episode on the Atari 7800 and the Colecovision? Hell those would be a great follow up to the Sega Master system episode you guys just did...

Joe Redifer

« Reply #955 on: July 25, 2013, 07:53:14 AM »
Because we don't currently have those.

esteban

« Reply #956 on: July 25, 2013, 09:53:14 AM »
STATUS : my daughter and I started watching GameSack, from the beginning with episode #1.

We are having a blast. This is our second or third day in, and, except for the 1-2 episodes on controllers, she is loving them (I enjoy the discussion on controllers, of course, but I wouldn't torture her).

I didn't realize how much the production values have improved!

Anyway, thus far, I think my most favorite "minor gag" that you guys have done (outside the realm of "major gags" like the FMV episode) is CRAIG STADLER. 

Anyway, I'm a broken record in this thread. Good evening, comrades.

|    | 

roflmao

« Reply #957 on: July 27, 2013, 04:11:19 PM »
One day someone is going to acknowledge how timeless Shooting Gallery is for the SMS. I'm serious.

YES!

Mathius

« Reply #958 on: July 28, 2013, 01:43:08 AM »

YES!

I received Shooting Gallery with my SMS on Christmas back in the 80s. I loved it but could never do well at the game unless I sat right up at the TV while playing. I found a copy of the game two weeks ago and snatched it up immediately. The music brought back so many memories.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

jeffhlewis

« Reply #959 on: July 28, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »

YES!

I received Shooting Gallery with my SMS on Christmas back in the 80s. I loved it but could never do well at the game unless I sat right up at the TV while playing. I found a copy of the game two weeks ago and snatched it up immediately. The music brought back so many memories.

I got Shooting Gallery along with the Hang-On/Safari-Hunt pack-in when I got my system in '87 for X-Mas. I wound up playing shooting gallery more than any other game I got until Outrun...few things spark the nostalgia tears in me quite like the music from Shooting Gallery. That damn marble/pipes stage used to drive me nuts. Came close to beating the game a few times, but admittedly I had to stand about 4 inches from the screen.