Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72888 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #960 on: July 28, 2013, 05:33:25 PM »
Shooting Gallery is one tough cookie. We covered it in our Light Phaser vs Zapper episode. It's an interesting game but it's also one that you've gotta really practice at over and over. I can't remember if the game gives you limited ammo, but if not, I suggest investing in a Sega Rapid Fire Unit.

TR0N

« Reply #961 on: August 03, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
Game Sack Videogame Magazines

:lol: :lol: :lol:
For the end all those menus to go through,reminds me of the nintendo hint line.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:45:19 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

« Reply #962 on: August 04, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »
Damn! That episode really kicked me in my memory glands.

I actually got to meet and hang with Sushi-X and Trickman Terry of EGM fame at the last two MGCs. I got a pic of with them somewhere. I'll have to dig it out. It was a great time as we got to talk about old-style EGM. They gave a great anecdote about the Sheng Long April Fools' Joke. To be honest I can't remember about what they said exactly. It was a year and a half ago and all I can remember is thinking, "I am talking to Sushi and Terry, in person, and they are spilling the beans on famous events that helped shape my childhood." I am sure I fainted somewhere in there too.

Also. Joe, I have to disagree with your comment on EGM not sending games to kids who sent tricks and codes to EGM. I sent a code for Need for Speed on the 3DO back in 94 or 95. It got published and they actually sent me a game! It was Incredible Machine for the 3DO and, to my regret, kinda sucked. I am pretty sure I traded it in somewhere shortly thereafter. :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Joe Redifer

« Reply #963 on: August 04, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »
They didn't send me, Chris Bucci and some other people anything. Like I said in the comments section, the policy may have changed when Dan Hsu came aboard. At the VERY BEST they were extremely inconsistent about sending them out, even when people wrote back and reminded them.

Also, Sushi X was not just one individual. Several people wrote under that pseudonym. I think the person who wrote as Sushi X the most is dead now. I remember reading that somewhere a few years back. No clue who Trickman Terry is. I wish people would just write under their own names. No fake pseudonyms, no cartoon drawings hiding their identity. Seems cowardly to me.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:16:39 PM by Joe Redifer »

Mathius

« Reply #964 on: August 05, 2013, 01:30:48 AM »
They didn't send me, Chris Bucci and some other people anything. Like I said in the comments section, the policy may have changed when Dan Hsu came aboard. At the VERY BEST they were extremely inconsistent about sending them out, even when people wrote back and reminded them.

Also, Sushi X was not just one individual. Several people wrote under that pseudonym. I think the person who wrote as Sushi X the most is dead now. I remember reading that somewhere a few years back. No clue who Trickman Terry is. I wish people would just write under their own names. No fake pseudonyms, no cartoon drawings hiding their identity. Seems cowardly to me.

Yeah I heard about what they did to Chris Bucci on his DVD. I wasn't saying they always kept their promises. I am just saying they kept their promise at least once. :)

Trickman Terry was the guy in charge of the Tips and Tricks section.

I was aware that Sushi-X was more than one person. The dude that attends our conventions was around EGM during the early to mid 90s I believe.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #965 on: August 05, 2013, 02:50:17 AM »
I was aware that Sushi-X was more than one person. The dude that attends our conventions was around EGM during the early to mid 90s I believe.

Mati: IIRC it was Ed Harris we were talking to - I've got that photo floating around somewhere.

Mathius

« Reply #966 on: August 05, 2013, 08:12:08 AM »

Mati: IIRC it was Ed Harris we were talking to - I've got that photo floating around somewhere.

You are mixing up Steve Harris and Ed Semrad into one Frankenstein-ian individual.  :P I am 100% sure that it was Sushi-X and Terry.

esteban

« Reply #967 on: August 05, 2013, 11:40:06 AM »

You are mixing up Steve Harris and Ed Semrad into one Frankenstein-ian individual.  :P I am 100% sure that it was Sushi-X and Terry.

Ed Harris! I didn't know he liked video games. That's kool.
  |    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #968 on: August 05, 2013, 11:55:27 AM »
HAHAHA!! Same thought, same thought. Ed is one crazy cool mutherf*cker.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #969 on: August 05, 2013, 02:14:50 PM »
My favorite movie of his. The Rock.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #970 on: August 05, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »

yep, you're exactly right haha.

Mathius

« Reply #971 on: August 05, 2013, 02:40:51 PM »

yep, you're exactly right haha.

Jeff, do you remember what they said regarding the Sheng Long April Fools' code for SF2 SNES?

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #972 on: August 05, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »
I thought for certain you guys would have put in Next Generation into that episode. Especially the issue where Mario is literally falling into glass pieces.

Mathius

« Reply #973 on: August 05, 2013, 02:49:14 PM »
I thought for certain you guys would have put in Next Generation into that episode. Especially the issue where Mario is literally falling into glass pieces.

VG&CE and Next Gen were two way underrated mags. RIP.

Gillian Seed

« Reply #974 on: August 05, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »
Of all the magazines you showed I think the one I have the fondest memories of is the Official Dreamcast Magazine. I had the #0 issue I believe it was called and it convinced me to save up for a DC (I was young). It's kind of tragic that I finally saved up all my money for a DC just as SEGA announced they were stopping production.

I took a look at that magazine again a few years ago and it's really good at getting you into the mood of the Dreamcast. The one article I remember in particular was the one about Power Stone, the idea of being able to "use any objects on screen as a weapon" blew my mind. IIRC there were also many, many games that were shown and never released or even talked about much past that issue.

To be honest I read a lot of EGM from like the 32-bit to "128-bit" gen and didn't really like it. I felt like a lot of the writers were very biased. The most recent example I can think of is how they were going on about the PSP wiping the floor with the DS based on screen size and power alone.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:58:10 PM by Gillian Seed »