Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 73064 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #975 on: August 05, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »
My favorite movie of his. The Rock.

Are you serious? He made a hell of a lot of very great movies.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Mathius

« Reply #976 on: August 05, 2013, 04:40:44 PM »
My favorite movie of his. The Rock.

Are you serious? He made a hell of a lot of very great movies.

Back in the 90s my friends and I would always seem to come back to this one movie. It holds a special place in my heart. :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #977 on: August 06, 2013, 05:47:29 AM »
I love the fact you referenced the VG&CE Turbo "red" issue:

That mag was my first ever gaming mag I bought. You brought back some good memories...

I remember seeing a small blurb for Spriggian in some 90's mag and it mentioned that it will likely never come out stateside. So I call Game Express<?> and ordered it that week.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

jeffhlewis

« Reply #978 on: August 06, 2013, 05:24:25 PM »
Think I still have that issue of Game Players floating around here somewhere. That magazine made me really really really want an Amiga, mostly because of the comparison shots in the advertisements between PC, Commodore, Atari ST and Amiga.

Now thanks to the power of YouTube, I'm glad I didn't play 99% of the Amiga arcade translations because they look like absolute garbage in motion.

TR0N

« Reply #979 on: August 17, 2013, 08:35:59 PM »
oUr fAvoRite raCing GAme
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:38:46 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

turboswimbz

« Reply #980 on: August 18, 2013, 02:25:29 AM »
I love when the guys "sack" racing games.  When I was little racing games were some of my favorites. 

DAY-ONNNNNA - still my favorite racing game.  I use to love the arcade machines. 
I need to pick up a Dreamcast and this game.

I picked up F zero at a garage sale when everyone had forgotten about the SNES.  Being 10 the best 3 bucks I spent all year.  I like that game more than most SNES games.

I also enjoy top gear on the SNES.  I know this one is rarely mentioned but I always enjoyed the soundtrack and the tracks and good controls.  Even if the graphics were average.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Mathius

« Reply #981 on: August 18, 2013, 01:20:10 PM »
I absolutely love the soundtrack to F-Zero. Something about its music takes me back to Friday nights after school and playing the game with a buddy. Pilotwings' soundtrack has the same effect.

I got to play a Daytona arcade machine 2-player style at MGC this year. My fiance and I had a blast.

Road Rash was a must buy for me on the 3DO back when it was released. I was/am a huge fan of the "Seattle Sound" and that soundtrack fits the style of the game perfectly, so I 100% agree with you there, Joe.

One series of games I would have added would be the Ridge Racer games for the PS1. The original Ridge Racer, though limited, was amazing back in '95. Rage Racer was the perfect update but got a little too challenging towards the end if you don't learn to drift well. I personally like to keep in control and have a tight handling car instead of drifting. RR Type 4 was a late purchase for me and I am finding myself enjoying it more than the other games in the series, even though the tracks aren't as interesting or imaginative. Rage Racer's tracks win in that category. All around great games.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

BlueBMW

« Reply #982 on: August 18, 2013, 03:42:36 PM »
Excellent episode!  Fzero is one of my top games for sure.

No mention of any of the Gran Turismo games?  I played the crap out of GT1 back in the day :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

futureman2000

« Reply #983 on: August 18, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »
I love when the guys "sack" racing games.  When I was little racing games were some of my favorites. 

DAY-ONNNNNA - still my favorite racing game.  I use to love the arcade machines. 
I need to pick up a Dreamcast and this game.

I picked up F zero at a garage sale when everyone had forgotten about the SNES.  Being 10 the best 3 bucks I spent all year.  I like that game more than most SNES games.

I also enjoy top gear on the SNES.  I know this one is rarely mentioned but I always enjoyed the soundtrack and the tracks and good controls.  Even if the graphics were average.

Top gear had a really good 2 player mode, didn't it? I think my brother and I used to play it a lot.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

Tatsujin

« Reply #984 on: August 18, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
Loving arcade racers but no ridge racer love here? :(

Other than that it was a kewl show :) could have hade some more Yu Suzuki inside fo'sho.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

turboswimbz

« Reply #985 on: August 19, 2013, 03:49:21 AM »

Top gear had a really good 2 player mode, didn't it? I think my brother and I used to play it a lot.

Yes it did.  It wasn't anything super special as it was the same as the 1 player mode for the most part, but it worked really well.  Although the frame rates are slower than it could have been due to running two screens at the same time.  but it really doesn't hinder game play at all.  The only other complaint is the lack of sound test. (seriously listen to the music in this one, it is a bit of surprise)  The tracks are pretty good for a SNES game.    

It has a slight out run or rad racer feel to it.  It is a shame it is overlooked.  It's a fun, balanced, challenging racing game.  Tons of fun.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:07:48 AM by turboswimbz »
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #986 on: August 19, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »
Like I said in the comments section, a lot of people are assuming that if it didn't make it into the episode, it gets no love. We had to whittle it down to 11. Ridge Racer 1 on the PS1 is OK but I never really got into it. It wasn't as cool as Daytona. But Rage Racer is extremely awesome, maybe my favorite Ridge Racer game, though Type 4 is amazing as well. That one also came with a high resolution, high frame rate Ridge Racer 1. That was pretty cool, but it was still the same ol' 1 track Ridge Racer. As far as Gran Turismo it always seemed to me like I do more waiting than racing. I want to go fast right now!

esteban

« Reply #987 on: August 20, 2013, 12:01:34 AM »
What? No love for Crash 'n Burn? Joe, you know better.

|    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #988 on: August 20, 2013, 08:29:25 AM »
I'm a monster!

BlueBMW

« Reply #989 on: August 20, 2013, 12:16:16 PM »
You mean you didnt love those early races in gran turismo where youre driving some turd like a cappucino or something with 70 horsepower that still couldnt make turns even at 20mph?  That was the best!! ;)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc