Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72382 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1020 on: September 23, 2013, 05:45:49 AM »
Theres plenty of shit games to choose from.

You suck.  :P

Not as much as Night Creatures, Yo Bro!, Darkwing Duck, Tailspin, Impossimole, Falcon, Gunboat etc :-D
--DragonmasterDan

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #1021 on: September 23, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »
But bad obey is still better than any SNES/Genny. A 1 out of 10 Hu is still a 11 compared to Square SNES RPG or Treasure Genesis platformer. We must all have blind loyalty to Turbo...the one true god! Blasphemy to all other false consoles! So say we all.   
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Tatsujin

« Reply #1022 on: September 23, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »
well said majors lee!! you just got yourself 6 million karmas!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #1023 on: September 23, 2013, 03:25:11 PM »
Just curious where game channels like yourself get stuff like the opening music from. Obviously you get a lot of views now and you have to be very careful about copywrite issues. Did someone you know make that or is it like some public domain stuff (don't know much about this sort of thing)?
Also do you have to worry about what kinds of music and footage is ok to show on your shows? I know some game shows have had videos pulled from music in the game or even footage of the game itself causing issues. I recall in the one with ridge racer on 3do you guys couldn't have the music playing.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

toymachine78

« Reply #1024 on: September 23, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »
OMG! gunboat is the worst. I own that POS! The actual gameplay looks like it came from the Atari 2600 lol

Punch

« Reply #1025 on: September 23, 2013, 04:10:16 PM »
But bad obey is still better than any SNES/Genny. A 1 out of 10 Hu is still a 11 compared to Square SNES RPG or Treasure Genesis platformer. We must all have blind loyalty to Turbo...the one true god! Blasphemy to all other false consoles! So say we all.   

Yep, never played famous franchises like Zelda but I've beaten all Gunboat missions, my life mission is already fulfilled.

roflmao

« Reply #1026 on: September 23, 2013, 05:40:38 PM »

Yep, never played famous franchises like Zelda but I've beaten all Gunboat missions, my life mission is already fulfilled.

If you've never played a Zelda game, you're really missing out.  Kudos for beating all the Gunboat missions, though!  That's one I don't own yet, but I  don't think I'd have your patience to get very far in it. :D

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1027 on: September 23, 2013, 08:48:36 PM »
Just curious where game channels like yourself get stuff like the opening music from. Obviously you get a lot of views now and you have to be very careful about copywrite issues. Did someone you know make that or is it like some public domain stuff (don't know much about this sort of thing)?
Also do you have to worry about what kinds of music and footage is ok to show on your shows? I know some game shows have had videos pulled from music in the game or even footage of the game itself causing issues. I recall in the one with ridge racer on 3do you guys couldn't have the music playing.

I had a friend do the title music. And yes, I tossed him a bit of $$$, not that he asked for any. The rest of the music is videogame music. One episode had a clip of a popular song which I used to make fun of a bad version of After Burner but the clip was so short that Youtube didn't care. Also had a quick clip of Back to the Future 3 in our Light Gun episode but again Youtube didn't care... too quick.

Konami is a little bitch, though. Try uploading the stage 1 theme from NES Castlevania. It'll get flagged or at least recognized. Even if you record it from your very own NES. Crazy ol' Konami.

Mathius

« Reply #1028 on: September 24, 2013, 01:00:20 AM »

I had a friend do the title music. And yes, I tossed him a bit of $$$, not that he asked for any. The rest of the music is videogame music. One episode had a clip of a popular song which I used to make fun of a bad version of After Burner but the clip was so short that Youtube didn't care. Also had a quick clip of Back to the Future 3 in our Light Gun episode but again Youtube didn't care... too quick.

Konami is a little bitch, though. Try uploading the stage 1 theme from NES Castlevania. It'll get flagged or at least recognized. Even if you record it from your very own NES. Crazy ol' Konami.

Did Sega ever flag you back when they were flagging everyone's videos?
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Xak

« Reply #1029 on: September 24, 2013, 01:50:22 AM »
I love GameSack.I like it better than AVGN because its more educational. Even if its about something I already know about its awesome. I just hate when they review current gen games. Like I dont know about that and neither do all the 12 year olds in the world
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

TR0N

« Reply #1030 on: September 28, 2013, 07:34:02 PM »
Game Sack The Sega 32x

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

« Reply #1031 on: September 28, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »
Game Sack The Sega 32x

Why watch the Giants when Sunday is best spent with Game Sack?

|    | 

retroguy

« Reply #1032 on: September 29, 2013, 01:31:05 AM »
I need to get a 32X. I guess I'm just weird like that, but ever since I started getting into retrogaming seriously, I've always been more attracted to the "underdog" consoles that no one really seems to care about (and hence have cheaper games because "collectors" are ignoring them). SMS, Intellivision, Game Gear, etc).
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

munchiaz

« Reply #1033 on: September 29, 2013, 03:09:02 AM »
9:47 LMAO

sirhcman

« Reply #1034 on: September 29, 2013, 05:19:16 AM »
Game Sack The Sega 32x

Why watch the Giants when Sunday is best spent with Game Sack?

Yea I definitely prefer watching Game Sack over Eli Manning getting sacked! :)

Also I was on the fence about gamesack for the first 15-20 episodes but since then it has become my favorite game related series on youtube. Consistent new episodes, great production values, and a constant adherence to sticking with a great formula. It doesn't pretend to be something that it isn't which I really appreciate. Keep up the great work Joe and Dave!

Hopefully Joe sees this... Will there ever be a 'behind the scenes' or 'making of' gamesack episode? Would love to follow the journey in creating a full episode!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:28:02 AM by sirhcman »