Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72396 times)

Xak

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1170 on: December 14, 2013, 03:41:53 PM »
Joe dont listen to the haters, great show regardless of what WASNT covered.

Obviously means it was a hit and a second show would be cool. I really hate Baseball games but Konamis Bottom of the 9th for ps1 is bliss. They made 3 more afterward that SUCKED BAD!!! The first one was arcade-like and so damn fun.

The batting is so fun, I prefer it to the "8bit and 16bit batting"

Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

jeffhlewis

« Reply #1171 on: December 14, 2013, 04:20:03 PM »
I don't get the unilateral nerd rage against sports games. It's almost a cliche.

Madden, despite all of its flaws, is an extremely deep, technical and rewarding game if you enjoy football. If you don't enjoy and/or understand how football is played, you probably won't enjoy it. Simple as that.

That being said, Bases Loaded 1 was a large part of my childhood - need to fire that one up again some time.

Also - Beach Spikers volleyball for the Gamecube is an absolute blast if anyone hasn't played it. It has more tasteful bewbies than DOA Beach Volleyball:

Xak

« Reply #1172 on: December 14, 2013, 11:03:01 PM »
Madden 93 taught me the rules of football

Tecmo Super taught me how to score.

This led to a  great HS football career. lol, we won 3 games in 4 years. We played against the best schools in the S. Fla district that get to go to colleges, so we didnt suck , we were just outmatched.

ccovell

« Reply #1173 on: December 14, 2013, 11:47:30 PM »
I don't get the unilateral nerd rage against sports games. It's almost a cliche.

For me, it's the fact that no matter the country, if you go to your typical used game / pawn shop, you've got to sift through loads of unwanted sports games in order to find the remaining 10% of stuff that is good.

Mathius

« Reply #1174 on: December 15, 2013, 12:17:06 AM »

For me, it's the fact that no matter the country, if you go to your typical used game / pawn shop, you've got to sift through loads of unwanted sports games in order to find the remaining 10% of stuff that is good.

This makes me wonder why used game stores still buy old EA sports games since they usually just sit and rot.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

esteban

« Reply #1175 on: December 15, 2013, 12:57:36 AM »

This makes me wonder why used game stores still buy old EA sports games since they usually just sit and rot.

It varies by country, but there are ordinances preventing resellers from abandoning sports games (computer/console/handheld), boy bands (CD/vinyl/8-track) and books by Paula Dean (hardcover/softcover).

|    | 

toymachine78

« Reply #1176 on: December 15, 2013, 02:07:06 AM »
The Sports episode sucked no offense. Who gives a crap about 20 year old sports games! Y'all must be running out of ideas.

Your comment is what sucks. So far in just under a week 17,946 people have cared about sports games. The accusation that we're running out of ideas was uncalled for. Seems like it was a good idea so far.

Like the other poster said. Its just my opinion. I personally love game sack, and of the many many episodes you've created, that's the first one i'd say sucked. Pretty good record if you ask me.

ccovell

« Reply #1177 on: December 15, 2013, 10:31:23 AM »
Who gives a crap about 20 year old sports games!

http://tecmobowl.org/

6,929 people do, for example.  For ONE SINGLE GAME.

The "who cares?" line of logic is just an invitation for a flood of counterexamples.

Sure, it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.  But giving one's opinion without any concrete reasons is how 10-year-olds argue.

Mathius

« Reply #1178 on: December 15, 2013, 11:37:53 AM »
The Sports episode sucked no offense. Who gives a crap about 20 year old sports games! Y'all must be running out of ideas.

Your comment is what sucks. So far in just under a week 17,946 people have cared about sports games. The accusation that we're running out of ideas was uncalled for. Seems like it was a good idea so far.

Like the other poster said. Its just my opinion. I personally love game sack, and of the many many episodes you've created, that's the first one i'd say sucked. Pretty good record if you ask me.

If you want to use some constructive criticism and give a fair analysis of Joe, Dave, and Jen's hard work then by all means say it. Don't act like a pre-teen as it'll only make you look bad.

Mathius

« Reply #1179 on: December 15, 2013, 11:59:35 AM »

It varies by country, but there are ordinances preventing resellers from abandoning sports games (computer/console/handheld), boy bands (CD/vinyl/8-track) and books by Paula Dean (hardcover/softcover).

That's the first time I have ever heard of those ordinances. But it kinda makes sense.

BlueBMW

« Reply #1180 on: December 15, 2013, 01:31:25 PM »
PCengineFX is just a bunch of cuddle bugs.  <3 <3 <3
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Xak

« Reply #1181 on: December 15, 2013, 05:27:21 PM »
On my 5th season (2010) of NFL2k5  ... For the first time ever I got two losses in a season, and so early at 3-2. Went on to 9-2. Bills lead the leauge with Peyton Manning at 10-1 power ranked.

My division is by far the toughest, I was last place at one point and the Saints and Panthers were  6-0 each. For some reason the AFC dosnt have many winning teams or teams with good records period.

Ten year old game looks this good, and its still better than all the new maddens (not graphically of course though,but ANIMATION-wise, YES) reason.... SEGA , thats why the f***. Not only that, the controls are SO FLUID and more realistic compared to the latest madden where the players feel like Im playing a hockey game. In 2K sudden changes in direction causes your player to cut (like you would in real grass with CLEATS ON). Madden you just SLIDE to the other direction no fluidity, bad animation, even WORSE presentation, 2K looks like a real game broadcast.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:31:18 PM by Xak »

SuperDeadite

« Reply #1182 on: December 15, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »
Should have done Namachukei 68, Konami's little known Baseball game for the X68000.  The graphics are really impressing compared to the console games of it's time (1993).
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

toymachine78

« Reply #1183 on: December 16, 2013, 05:46:08 AM »
Man... talking about 10 year olds and pre teens.... Some of you people are as sensitive as menopausal women. Lightnen up. These are JUST video games!

.... Who cares about the atrocities in Darfur. I'm spending all my time and mental energy to pummel you with my superior useless knowledge of 20 year old sports games.

You guys must be a hoot to get started on the Lucas mods to star wars. It would be like watching a bunch of wind up toys all wound up running around bumping into one another. Lol You guys are something else!  :lol:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1184 on: December 16, 2013, 07:03:43 AM »
X68K was dead at the time this episode was made But I'm happy to report that HE IS RISEN.