Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 73133 times)

BlueBMW

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1335 on: February 24, 2014, 02:58:11 PM »
what's a game force loc?

They're a chain of used game stores in the Denver Colorado area....
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

« Reply #1336 on: February 24, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »
oh nice..are they any good? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Pyongyang

« Reply #1337 on: February 24, 2014, 08:38:44 PM »
Voyeur.  :dance:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1338 on: February 25, 2014, 11:45:04 AM »
Game Force isn't a chain they're actually franchised so most are independently owned and the quality, selection and prices vary by store. Boulder is the best. I used to rent games from Buy Back Games on Broadway all the time. Now they no longer rent games. Power Play Games was another great one and they rented import games. The owner of Power Play Games went on to create Game Force.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #1339 on: February 25, 2014, 12:38:31 PM »
Game Force isn't a chain they're actually franchised so most are independently owned and the quality, selection and prices vary by store. Boulder is the best. I used to rent games from Buy Back Games on Broadway all the time. Now they no longer rent games. Power Play Games was another great one and they rented import games. The owner of Power Play Games went on to create Game Force.

The inventory at that Boulder store definitely looked nice.

--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

« Reply #1340 on: February 25, 2014, 12:41:50 PM »

The inventory at that Boulder store definitely looked nice.

That it did! As far as I know Indiana doesn't have any stores with that level of retro goodies. There is a store up north that I heard has some goodies but I have yet to visit it.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

BlueBMW

« Reply #1341 on: February 25, 2014, 03:40:04 PM »

That would explain why some sucked and others were good.  I actually bought my first TG16 at the one at Broadway and Belleview I believe... its gone now though.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sadler

« Reply #1342 on: February 26, 2014, 03:13:04 AM »
Buy Back Games is still there on Broadway though...  that brings back memories....

I had no idea there was a Buy Back Games so close by until last week when I spied that one. What Game Force locations did you used to go to? I think the Boulder location is still open and they had a surprising amount of PCE stuff there. :D

EDIT: Should have read the whole thread.

BlueBMW

« Reply #1343 on: February 26, 2014, 03:18:21 AM »
I used to hit the one in highlands ranch (over near the king soopers I think)  the one on university near south glen (when it was still a mall) the one at belleview and broadway, game force littleton near sante fe on.... What street was that... Belleview maybe?  And occasionally the one in Lakewood near casa bonita (got my first n64 at that one)  and very rarely one other that was way up noth somewhere.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1344 on: February 26, 2014, 07:12:56 AM »
I remember about 10 or so years ago that Game Force that was on Broadway and Belleview had a booger-encrusted Contra for NES and they wanted $50 for it.

Mzo

« Reply #1345 on: February 26, 2014, 07:28:18 AM »
Maybe they were famous boogers.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #1346 on: February 26, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »
That it did! As far as I know Indiana doesn't have any stores with that level of retro goodies. There is a store up north that I heard has some goodies but I have yet to visit it.

Interesting, where in Northern Indiana might it be?

I recall McVans being pretty nice 10-15 years ago. But they're all out of business now if I recall correctly.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

« Reply #1347 on: February 26, 2014, 02:16:20 PM »

Interesting, where in Northern Indiana might it be?

I recall McVans being pretty nice 10-15 years ago. But they're all out of business now if I recall correctly.

Yes they are out of business.

The place JD Norman recommended is called Video Palace and Coin Shop. I can't personally comment on their selection but I hear tell that it's interesting.

https://plus.google.com/113977054704195864423/about?gl=us&hl=en
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

SmaMan

« Reply #1348 on: February 26, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
I remember about 10 or so years ago that Game Force that was on Broadway and Belleview had a booger-encrusted Contra for NES and they wanted $50 for it.
Reminds me of this one store here in Abilene, TX called "Manuel's." He writes the prices for the games ON the games themselves! No stickers, he just sharpies them on the disk case or worse... the cart itself! And said prices are the typical "looked 'em up on eBay" variety.

That said, I keep going back there because every so often, he'll have something at a great price that I just can't pass up. And that's how I got Crue Ball for my Sega Genesis, CIB, for $5. (And he actually had a sticker on this one!)
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

TR0N

« Reply #1349 on: March 01, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »
Hoo ra !! There 100th episode  :clap:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec