Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72734 times)

SmaMan

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1365 on: March 05, 2014, 03:42:36 AM »
I'm going to join the vocal minority here and say I do like SC4 more than Rondo. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I could never seem to get past the 2nd stage of Rondo. It seems like it's just a touch too hard, and I get sick of playing the same level again and again.

In SC4 I've almost gotten to the end, and I really enjoy it. The atmosphere, the music, (same guy who did Axelay and then vanished off the face of the Earth) the experience as a whole, really.

That's not to say I don't like Rondo. What little I've experienced so far I have greatly enjoyed, and I acknowledge that I probably need to just give it another good try. But yeah, at the present, I'd rank SC4 above Rondo.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #1366 on: March 05, 2014, 05:10:57 AM »
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I could never seem to get past the 2nd stage of Rondo. It seems like it's just a touch too hard, and I get sick of playing the same level again and again.
Rondo can be a bitch to play if you doesn't master using the secondary weapons. Try the stopwatch at the 2nd boss, this will give you a much better chance beating him.

As soon as you gain access to Maria as a playable character, Rondo will turn into a whole new experience for you.

I like both Rondo and SCIV.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Jibbajaba

« Reply #1367 on: March 05, 2014, 05:16:10 AM »
f*cking great 100th episode.  You guys really are a cut above.  Game Sack could easily be plucked off of YouTube and put on a cable network as a weekly show.

Mzo

« Reply #1368 on: March 05, 2014, 06:29:04 AM »
I'm going to join the vocal minority here and say I do like SC4 more than Rondo. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I could never seem to get past the 2nd stage of Rondo. It seems like it's just a touch too hard, and I get sick of playing the same level again and again.

Something is horribly wrong, Rondo is one of the easier of the classic Castlevanias by far.

I'd understand having trouble with the original CV bosses boss rush + Shaft, though.  That's easily the hardest part of the game and still isn't that bad.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #1369 on: March 05, 2014, 08:22:24 AM »
I think Rondo is a pretty challenging game.  Super Castlevania, on the other hand, is quite easy.  The only thing that kills me in that game is falling off of platforms and whatnot.  The enemies, including the bosses, are quite easy.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #1370 on: March 05, 2014, 11:08:37 AM »
I think Rondo is a pretty challenging game.  Super Castlevania, on the other hand, is quite easy.  The only thing that kills me in that game is falling off of platforms and whatnot.  The enemies, including the bosses, are quite easy.

I too found it a little too easy, and much easier than the NES versions.  I believe I beat it the first day I had it.  I cannot say that for Castlevania I at all..  That bitch ate me alive...

SuperDeadite

« Reply #1371 on: March 05, 2014, 12:52:29 PM »
Castlevania 4's bosses are truly pathetic, most of them you can stand in one spot and whip and the boss will die before you do.  You really need to force yourself to go for a no-damage run if you want to have any real fun with that turd.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TR0N

« Reply #1372 on: March 15, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

« Reply #1373 on: March 15, 2014, 10:09:43 PM »

I'm about to watch this, but the concept alone has stolen my heart.

This is the sort of topic that I simply love.

UPDATE: pending...
  |    | 

IrishNinja

« Reply #1374 on: March 16, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »
i wanna watch, but ive been boycotting since Joe said Taito doesn't make good games

you heard

...watching later tonight
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:24:01 AM by IrishNinja »
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1375 on: March 16, 2014, 12:09:26 PM »
wut

Dicer

« Reply #1376 on: March 16, 2014, 12:47:52 PM »
Both hating on Chibi-robo, respect points lost...

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1377 on: March 16, 2014, 01:19:31 PM »
Jeez, some people. I apologize for hurting your feelings with a friggin' game review.

Punch

« Reply #1378 on: March 16, 2014, 01:22:46 PM »
Ahh Croc 2, one of the finest 3D platformers I had the pleasure to play.

Dicer

« Reply #1379 on: March 16, 2014, 01:47:36 PM »
Jeez, some people. I apologize for hurting your feelings with a friggin' game review.

Sorry sarcasm detector would have worked better if I remembered to add a ;)

Nice stuff overall, just a bit SNES/GENNY heavy but I get that...maybe you guys need a TG-16/PCE nut to break in once in a while.