Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72652 times)

WoodyXP

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1470 on: May 26, 2014, 05:31:52 AM »
(I haven't played that one myself.)

It kicks ass, though the hacking can become a drag after a bit.

roflmao

« Reply #1471 on: May 26, 2014, 01:39:31 PM »
Another great episode!  I loved the ending bit. :)

I'm pretty sure you've mentioned it in a previous episode, but you could show off PCE Batman and any other Batman from that time.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #1472 on: May 31, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »
Another great episode.  I genuinely look forward to these episodes.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

TR0N

« Reply #1473 on: June 07, 2014, 09:00:41 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

« Reply #1474 on: June 08, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »
Suffering insomnia, I watched the 3DO episode at 3:00 am. I was hoping they would mention that weird soccer platformer...no, no I wasn't.
  |    | 

BlueBMW

« Reply #1475 on: June 08, 2014, 11:29:30 AM »
Always glad to see Star Control 2 coverage.... man I played the crap out of that game as a kid (on DOS, not 3DO though)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1476 on: June 08, 2014, 11:32:20 AM »
Soccer Kid? I hate that game in pretty much any incarnation it's ever been in (like Marko's Magic Futbol or whatever). The controls are HIDEOUS especially the 3DO version. I tried to play it for this episode but it was just so bad that I quickly moved on to something else instead.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #1477 on: June 08, 2014, 01:22:11 PM »
The only 3DO game shown that truly looked decent to me was Lucienne's Quest....until I discovered its price. Meh. Don't think I'll be getting a 3DO anytime soon, if ever. :3

*purrrs*

esteban

« Reply #1478 on: June 08, 2014, 01:39:30 PM »

Soccer Kid? I hate that game in pretty much any incarnation it's ever been in (like Marko's Magic Futbol or whatever). The controls are HIDEOUS especially the 3DO version. I tried to play it for this episode but it was just so bad that I quickly moved on to something else instead.

Hahahahaha. Yeah, I had blocked "Soccer Kid" from my memory. I was viewer 301 for the video. I really enjoyed hearing about both of you purchasing 3DO at (or shortly after) launch. As a kid with no money, I thought paying $300 for a floor model TG-CD was a huge risk (and exorbitant cost), so the 3DO was mind-boggling to me at the time.
  |    | 

Phase

« Reply #1479 on: June 08, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »
Nice episode on the 3do, I got a Goldstar 3do when they were 200.. maybe less, and got all my games used or for cheap so guess I didn't  have all the painful memories. hmm maybe a few from games that look decent then you get em home and they suck which happened a lot with the 3do and Sega CD.

Road Rash is awesome, if you like it you should try the PC version it runs silky smooth compared to 3do and not much loading time if I remember, though I haven't played it since xp. Never could get the multi player to work but I think it could support 8 player lan games when it came out on whatever was the os at the time.

Agree Burning Soldier is pretty cool but the thing that made it so fun imo is multiplayer, I could have sworn I use to play this with 4 players too. When I looked it up on the nets there is a 4 player option in the debug code so that must have been it.

Need for Speed:-k Hmm, your right it does look better on PS, I disagreed with you on the other thread here-partly in jest but based on what I could remember of playing the saturn version a little back in the day. Still my points about what is cool about the 3do I'll stand by :). I'm glad you guys showed some clips of the priceless dude, that guy needs an award for being awesome. If you want the game to feel a bit faster you can try the faster cars code.  People must try a few of the codes in this game, car launching, faster cars, race vs rocket scooter, and if you like inside view there is no dash board view code so you can see more of the game.

Tatsujin

« Reply #1480 on: June 08, 2014, 07:36:46 PM »
I still have a CIB Panasonic FZ-1 with about 50+ CIB games (plus few hibaihin/demos), and I'm not even a fan of the system.. hehe ^^"
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

HailingTheThings

« Reply #1481 on: June 08, 2014, 07:43:18 PM »
I still have a CIB Panasonic FZ-1 with about 50+ CIB games (plus few hibaihin/demos), and I'm not even a fan of the system.. hehe ^^"

*tickles*

SmaMan

« Reply #1482 on: June 09, 2014, 03:54:29 AM »
Huh, I'm genuinely surprised the 3DO had that many good games. Maybe I'm just mentally filing it along with the Jaguar in 32-bit systems that sucked.

And hey, it has a version of Street Fighter II, which means I'm cursed to own it myself one day anyhow.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Tatsujin

« Reply #1483 on: June 09, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »
it also has a samurai showdown and puzzle bobble and few other great JPN arcade games. but still only very few compared to what great stuff the PS1 and SS got later on.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1484 on: June 09, 2014, 01:12:21 PM »
We would have covered Samurai Shodown and Puzzle Bobble if we hadn't done those on the Neo Geo CD so recently.