Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72936 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1530 on: June 29, 2014, 02:56:27 PM »
Okay that was funny

Tatsujin

« Reply #1531 on: June 29, 2014, 04:19:38 PM »
Nice episode!

the 1st guilty gear for ps1 is still the best of all of 'em :)

I hope you're kidding. :3

certainly not. when it comes to gameplay, it's a 120% perfect game. all its successors are not.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

HailingTheThings

« Reply #1532 on: June 29, 2014, 05:49:58 PM »
Nice episode!

the 1st guilty gear for ps1 is still the best of all of 'em :)

I hope you're kidding. :3

certainly not. when it comes to gameplay, it's a 120% perfect game. all its successors are not.

Have you ever played Guilty Gear X, XX, XX #Reload, XX Slash, XX Accent Core, XX Accent Core Plus, XX Accent Core Plus R? All of these are better. I'm gonna go ahead and say that either Guilty Gear Petite 1 or 2 on the Wonderswan are possibly better than Vanilla Guilty Gear, well maybe not. Still, though, man-o-manatee, c'mon now, you have to be joking.

seieienbu

« Reply #1533 on: June 29, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »
GG1 was charming in its own way; it had super swole combos, tons of infinites, and combo-ing into an instant kill was always hilarious.  I always thought of it as a proof of concept and GGX as like, the first prototype. I liked #Reload best overall though that's probably more to do with who I was and how I played games at the time rather than #R being legitimately the best game in the series.

/ felt like Guilty Gear on ice to me, it was slow and dull and most things I'd enjoyed with the earlier versions had been removed.  It's like Arc Systems Works looked at how a good portion of the XX and #R characters had such crazy combos and decided to tone most things down making the game slow and boring in the process. I was never quite sure if I liked Accent Core or not. It felt the exact opposite of / to me; instead of giving everyone homogenous and mild gameplay they gave everyone ridiculous crazy shit and then every combo ended up with ground bouncing, relaunching, wall bouncing, ground sliding nonsense combos that took too long to end so again I got bored.

The extent of my AC+R play has been beating up the local guys that fancy themselves Guilty Gear players.  There's not much of a scene for the game in Dallas these days.  Maybe it's great, I'll probably never know.  I'm Super looking forward to Xrd though.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

MrBroadway

« Reply #1534 on: June 30, 2014, 06:20:02 AM »
Who doesn't like Marvel Super Heroes?  :?

Tatsujin

« Reply #1535 on: June 30, 2014, 04:23:13 PM »

the game or the comix?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

HailingTheThings

« Reply #1536 on: June 30, 2014, 07:23:34 PM »
stuff about GG

Played #Reload alot and it was the first GG I got my hands on. It will always have a special place in my heart. Slash is awesome, eat f*ck. lol AC felt like MUGEN fighter? lol? Too much shit. By the time AC+R rolled out to XBL and PSN I was willing to say hi. Its okay-ish, haven't put enough time into it, though. Plus (pun) netcode is shit.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #1537 on: June 30, 2014, 09:32:57 PM »
Another Great video.  I am pleased with how fast these vids are coming out.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

« Reply #1538 on: June 30, 2014, 09:50:27 PM »

Another Great video.  I am pleased with how fast these vids are coming out.

I am pleased with your pleasure.
  |    | 

seieienbu

« Reply #1539 on: June 30, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »
Played #Reload alot and it was the first GG I got my hands on. It will always have a special place in my heart. Slash is awesome, eat f*ck. lol AC felt like MUGEN fighter? lol? Too much shit. By the time AC+R rolled out to XBL and PSN I was willing to say hi. Its okay-ish, haven't put enough time into it, though. Plus (pun) netcode is shit.

I don't think that Slash was bad, I just didn't like it as much as I did #R.  When I try to play Guilty Gear today I keep thinking how I vastly prefer fighting games where you can do legitimate anti air attacks against the majority of jumps.  With Guilty Gear's high aerial mobility and safe ways to get in effortlessly it kinda takes out the thing that I now like most about fighting games, mid range footsies.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

MrBroadway

« Reply #1540 on: July 01, 2014, 02:52:21 AM »

the game or the comix?
I never actually read the comics, but the video game is great!

esteban

Game Sack
« Reply #1541 on: July 01, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »
I am not a big fan of fighting games, but I love watching Joe and Dave blather about them, so they must be doing something right.

Anyway, I realized that I watch Game Sack expressly for this purpose: to hear/see games that are usually outside of my purview/forte.

For example, I never heard of one of the NEOGEO CD games they profiled in this episode, that was nice (to learn about something new).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:21:30 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #1542 on: July 01, 2014, 06:11:46 PM »

I don't think that Slash was bad, I just didn't like it as much as I did #R.  When I try to play Guilty Gear today I keep thinking how I vastly prefer fighting games where you can do legitimate anti air attacks against the majority of jumps.  With Guilty Gear's high aerial mobility and safe ways to get in effortlessly it kinda takes out the thing that I now like most about fighting games, mid range footsies.

footsies is only fun irl lol

TR0N

« Reply #1543 on: July 05, 2014, 08:11:45 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #1544 on: July 05, 2014, 09:30:35 PM »
Why no Terranigma?

Well, yeah, it was released in Japan as well, but the same went for that Firemen SNES game from the "left in Japan" episode 2, which got a European release. There are also some other games that were ported from Japan to Europe without an US release, like Parodius on the SNES. Or Trip World on the GameBoy.

So, how about a "games that never made it to the US" episode? :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:05:18 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no