Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 73189 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1605 on: August 05, 2014, 01:52:44 AM »
The first Mega Man I played was Wily's Revenge on the Game Boy. Pretty tough up to the point that I hated it. Thank god there were passwords, so I could at least take a glimpse on the boss weapons and the Dr Wily stage up to the point where you had to fight four bosses from Mega Man 2 (NES) in a row.

The first MM I've beaten a few years later was part two on the GB. It was fun!

The cheapest way to get into MM and MMX now are the two collections on the PS2, both can be had for 10 € each in unused condition. The emulations are fairly faithful and thus enjoyable, apart from MM7 and 8 on the anniversary collection. Good thing the last two are not my favorite games anyway. The collections come with both password and save features, even for MM1 which lacked passwords back in the day.

And you can unlock lots of goodies

Thr first episode of the megaman animated show

The two arcade "beat em ups"

I want to say megaman and bass as well. 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #1606 on: August 05, 2014, 02:47:12 AM »
Thanks for mentioning! I guess the bonus content differs slightly in the Xbox and GameCube versions. The latter one is missing the arranged soundtrack option in the anniversary collection. I guess they are also not as cheap to come by as the pretty common PS2 versions, are they?

I have been playing MMX1 at the first time on last Friday. Very tough ride after the intro stage, until you're able to find the dash and armor upgrades. I'm more familiar with the NES titles, where I like 2, 3 and 4 the most. Trying to get through 1 as well, but oh boy, the Ice Man stage isn't fun in the last part where you have to hop on top of moving platforms. Get shot and you'll be glitching through them towards the bottomless pit underneath.

GeminiLaser's Mega Man playthroughs on Youtube are very entertaining. Usually I can't stand let's Plays, but he's the one I like to watch and listen to when he is showing off some jaw-dropping skills. I want him to marry me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:10:34 AM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1607 on: August 05, 2014, 03:56:28 AM »
I believe Chakan is pronounced like (Chak-in), not ChuKahn.  :)  I'll have to share the story about how I met the guy that created the character for Sega.  http://www.rakgraphics.com/

There's a bit of voice synthesis in the title screen for the game gear (master system?) version in which it's pronounced cha-Kahn.

mind blown:)

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1608 on: August 05, 2014, 07:54:57 AM »
Thanks for mentioning! I guess the bonus content differs slightly in the Xbox and GameCube versions. The latter one is missing the arranged soundtrack option in the anniversary collection. I guess they are also not as cheap to come by as the pretty common PS2 versions, are they?

I have been playing MMX1 at the first time on last Friday. Very tough ride after the intro stage, until you're able to find the dash and armor upgrades. I'm more familiar with the NES titles, where I like 2, 3 and 4 the most. Trying to get through 1 as well, but oh boy, the Ice Man stage isn't fun in the last part where you have to hop on top of moving platforms. Get shot and you'll be glitching through them towards the bottomless pit underneath.

GeminiLaser's Mega Man playthroughs on Youtube are very entertaining. Usually I can't stand let's Plays, but he's the one I like to watch and listen to when he is showing off some jaw-dropping skills. I want him to marry me.

Can you link those let's plays?

also some people like to make the MMX games harder by NOT getting the armor upgrades unless forced by story.  Similarly with getting no E tanks or extra hearts to extend lift meter...

those people like things a littel TOO hard IMO....

I can beat the game easy enough without the armor upgrades but man no hearts to increase the life bar?...HARSH...

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1609 on: August 05, 2014, 08:08:33 AM »
Great episode!

I believe Chakan is pronounced like (Chak-in), not ChuKahn.  :)  I'll have to share the story about how I met the guy that created the character for Sega.

Well if they spell it Chakan we'll pronounce it as Chakan. We never said Choo-kan!

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #1610 on: August 05, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »
Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/user/GeminiLaser/playlists
I suggest starting with MM1 or the blooper/glitches/silly stuff videos at the end of each playlist. When I found the channel last week, it was for the glitches. Man, hilarious stuff.
also some people like to make the MMX games harder by NOT getting the armor upgrades unless forced by story.  Similarly with getting no E tanks or extra hearts to extend lift meter...
I can beat the game easy enough without the armor upgrades but man no hearts to increase the life bar?...HARSH...
I'm having trouble with the first Sigma stage. There's one vertical section with lots of enemies coming from above. Many of wall-jumps and easy to miss platforms, I'm only getting through using up my life bar and the upgraded rolling shield. Even then, when I'm through this and have to fight bosses, my weapons energy and lifebar is depleted enough to let me stand barehanded. Do you have any suggestions how to successfully survive that vertical section?

I said no, no, no

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1611 on: August 05, 2014, 02:15:04 PM »
Here you go:
I suggest starting with MM1 or the blooper/glitches/silly stuff videos at the end of each playlist. When I found the channel last week, it was for the glitches. Man, hilarious stuff.
I'm having trouble with the first Sigma stage. There's one vertical section with lots of enemies coming from above. Many of wall-jumps and easy to miss platforms, I'm only getting through using up my life bar and the upgraded rolling shield. Even then, when I'm through this and have to fight bosses, my weapons energy and lifebar is depleted enough to let me stand barehanded. Do you have any suggestions how to successfully survive that vertical section?

No real trick to it sadly it is one part memorization two parts mastering the double jump air dash. 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #1612 on: August 05, 2014, 08:02:22 PM »
There's an air dash? I thought the dash would only work on ground. I didn't know about any form of double jumping either. Thanks! I'll give it another try soon.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:04:03 PM by ClodBuster »

I said no, no, no

TR0N

« Reply #1613 on: August 05, 2014, 08:08:23 PM »

Here you go:

No real trick to it sadly it is one part memorization two parts mastering the double jump air dash. 

Ever watch gamecenter cx ? There's a episode where arino plays mmx,it's fun watching him struggle through it.
http://www.gamingcx.com

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Punch

« Reply #1614 on: August 06, 2014, 02:01:56 AM »
Game Center CX is my favorite show. Too bad Arino is getting old, I can't see it lasting for more 5 years unfortunately.

TR0N

« Reply #1615 on: August 06, 2014, 07:18:20 PM »
Game Center CX is my favorite show. Too bad Arino is getting old, I can't see it lasting for more 5 years unfortunately.
He's in his 40's like me you consider that old !? Though he is getting rusty at a game when he's played it before.

Punch

« Reply #1616 on: August 07, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »
He's in his 40's like me you consider that old !? Though he is getting rusty at a game when he's played it before.

I know I know, not so old but you got to consider that he's now having to wear glasses and he has slower reflexes than in previous episodes. I said 5 years not one season...

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #1617 on: August 07, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »
Still waiting for the CDi episode we were promised so many times
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

TR0N

« Reply #1618 on: August 07, 2014, 07:33:42 PM »

I know I know, not so old but you got to consider that he's now having to wear glasses and he has slower reflexes than in previous episodes. I said 5 years not one season...
Maybe after five years.I watched the one where he played,super mario land.He really did struggle to complete it and that is a easy game to.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #1619 on: August 07, 2014, 08:24:49 PM »
Haven't seen the show yet, but is he playing on some sort of big HD TV? If yes, the lag of one of these almost ruined anything for me, when I brought my videogames to a friend who had a Samsung Full HD. Trying MM2's Bubble Man stage ended disastrous. Even with all the TV's filter options turned off, the lag was still there and not only present when playing old stuff, but also HD sources (Xbox 360) showed noticeably lag.

Love my big 'ole CRT at home, that tube never let me down.

I said no, no, no