Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72664 times)

GohanX

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1635 on: August 17, 2014, 06:14:49 AM »
Settle down, there's no way he could have put pce games in there. The PC Engine has no limitations to push, it will do exactly whatever it wants whenever it wants, and nobody can do anything about it but Obey.

Dicer

« Reply #1636 on: August 17, 2014, 06:32:19 AM »
No Sapphire or Coryoon love?

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #1637 on: August 17, 2014, 10:55:21 AM »
One NES game that really pushes the limits is the port of Prince of Persia. I'm amazed it turned out as well as it did.
--DragonmasterDan

seieienbu

« Reply #1638 on: August 17, 2014, 12:19:07 PM »
I'll be at the retro gaming convention in Arlington.  Maybe I'll see some of you guys there.

One NES game that really pushes the limits is the port of Prince of Persia. I'm amazed it turned out as well as it did.

Agreed, it was an excellent port of the original version.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #1639 on: August 17, 2014, 01:20:51 PM »
I never new that Batman game was so impressive!  You should do more episodes like this, though.  I'm sure you could come up with 10/11 more limit-pushing games.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

toymachine78

« Reply #1640 on: August 17, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »
I never new that Batman game was so impressive!  You should do more episodes like this, though.  I'm sure you could come up with 10/11 more limit-pushing games.
The funny thing is that AVGN reviewed return of the joker as a shitty game.

johnnymad

« Reply #1641 on: August 17, 2014, 04:15:43 PM »

I really like James' Nerd character but after watching him play games on his weekly Monday series with Mike, I'm convinced that some of the games he reviews aren't that bad - he's just bad at playing them.

toymachine78

« Reply #1642 on: August 17, 2014, 04:17:51 PM »

I really like James' Nerd character but after watching him play games on his weekly Monday series with Mike, I'm convinced that some of the games he reviews aren't that bad - he's just bad at playing them.
I agree completely. The Splatterhouse episode is the perfect example.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #1643 on: August 17, 2014, 11:09:38 PM »
James plays bad on purpose for comedic effect. Maybe.

Desh

« Reply #1644 on: August 18, 2014, 03:14:24 AM »
I LOVED this episode!  I was glad to see you guys mention Recca in there.  I about crapped my pants the first time I popped that in... I couldn't believe it was running like that on an NES.  I am surprised Metal Storm wasn't on the list but I think you guys may have mentioned that game in a previous episode (either hidden gems or the run and gun ep.)  I would love to see another episode dedicated to pushing the hardware limits.  I am also glad to see that etim board going to good use!

Black Tiger

« Reply #1645 on: August 18, 2014, 04:11:04 AM »

The general consensus is that it is a bad game. That doesn't mean that it isn't still impressive in other ways.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

khog143

« Reply #1646 on: August 19, 2014, 05:21:31 AM »
I'm probably gonna go to Retropalooza.  I live like 10 minutes away, so why not?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1647 on: August 19, 2014, 07:52:21 AM »

The general consensus is that it is a bad game. That doesn't mean that it isn't still impressive in other ways.

Get passed the control changes and character sprite size (which is a bit big) you'll find a fantastic game.  I love it.  Not as good as Sunsoft's other NES Batman game, but still very good!

The SNES and Genesis "Revenge" of the Joker games are complete garbage tho...

toymachine78

« Reply #1648 on: August 19, 2014, 07:57:18 AM »

Get passed the control changes and character sprite size (which is a bit big) you'll find a fantastic game.  I love it.  Not as good as Sunsoft's other NES Batman game, but still very good!

I like batman returns on the SNES. Pretty entertaining beat em up.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1649 on: August 19, 2014, 08:27:42 AM »

I like batman returns on the SNES. Pretty entertaining beat em up.

I actually am kind of 'meh' about that one.  Will pop it in from time to time for the soundtrack tho...  :)