Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72662 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1710 on: October 06, 2014, 08:19:12 AM »
They're limited to the games (and hardware) they have available; and they did review AvP, Tempest 2000, and Wolfenstein, so it's hardly like they based their opinion on the worst it has to offer.

But I bet they would've loved the Jag, if only they'd played Blue Lightning, Highlander, and Myst!  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

dan Iacovelli

« Reply #1711 on: October 06, 2014, 08:37:09 AM »
bet they would loved doom as well.
for the record the jaguar didn't kill Atari it was the reverse merger between Atari and JTS(disk drive company) that killed then they sold it to hasbro, hasbro seeing there was need for jag games,decided to make jag open market for those like songbird to produce games, then they sold Atari to infograms.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:44:16 AM by dan Iacovelli »

Opethian

« Reply #1712 on: October 06, 2014, 08:46:33 AM »
Doom was better on PC than jagwire

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

dan Iacovelli

« Reply #1713 on: October 06, 2014, 08:52:43 AM »
Doom was better on PC than jagwire
but it was the best for any console and its Jaguar not jagwire.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #1714 on: October 06, 2014, 09:01:09 AM »
I watched an episode of game sack about their take on the jaguar, they only reviewed some carts no cd games and dissed the system completely with out try the cd games or the after market games.
I do wish some these you tubers who review the jag try more of the other games besides the first fsix games. they didn't even review doom for the jag which is the best version

I agree, they should have reviewed a wider selection of games, including CD's.

But the conclusion would have been the same: the Jag still sucks my left one. 

Exactly -64 bit really.

Opethian

« Reply #1715 on: October 06, 2014, 09:05:34 AM »
I like how people vehemently defend the jaguar like it was some mythical system full of untapped potential.
There is a reason why most people dismiss the system. And it isn't because of financial or political issues from within Atari.

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

MrFulci

« Reply #1716 on: October 06, 2014, 09:27:09 AM »
I like the jaguar for what I have it for; Tempest 2K, and a few other games.

I've typed it here before, it's not a system for just anyone, you have to do your homework with it. I understand why others think it sucks, but for myself, I am happy I own one, and own the games that I do have, for it.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

dan Iacovelli

« Reply #1717 on: October 06, 2014, 09:53:07 AM »
true you have to be true follower of the atari products dating back to the 2600(which to my knowledge, is have the most homebrew games being done and still is)

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #1718 on: October 06, 2014, 10:01:20 AM »
They're limited to the games (and hardware) they have available; and they did review AvP, Tempest 2000, and Wolfenstein, so it's hardly like they based their opinion on the worst it has to offer.

But I bet they would've loved the Jag, if only they'd played Blue Lightning, Highlander, and Myst!  :lol:
I rather play Myst for the Laseractive. :P
My only complaint at the panel was I couldn't hear the questions that were being asked very well. I'm still confused why Dave and Joe use Macs instead of PCS but hey whatever gets the job done.

Opethian

« Reply #1719 on: October 06, 2014, 10:02:09 AM »
they use final cut, that software doesn't exist on PCs

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1720 on: October 06, 2014, 10:14:13 AM »
I rather play Myst for the Laseractive. :P

baller status = one million!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #1721 on: October 06, 2014, 10:26:31 AM »

true you have to be true follower of the atari products dating back to the 2600(which to my knowledge, is have the most homebrew games being done and still is)

I still play 2600 games (KABOOM!), but I never really thought Jaguar had enough good games. I will gladly accept a Jaguar + Tempest 9000 from anyone willing to give it to me. I don't hate the Jaguar, it just has the least compelling library (yes, more 2600 games are compelling, for me).
  |    | 

dan Iacovelli

« Reply #1722 on: October 06, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »

I still play 2600 games (KABOOM!), but I never really thought Jaguar had enough good games. I will gladly accept a Jaguar + Tempest 9000 from anyone willing to give it to me. I don't hate the Jaguar, it just has the least compelling library (yes, more 2600 games are compelling, for me).
Primal rage is great on the jaguar though,there are still some off market games for the jaguar out there, zero 5 protector ... curentlty there somebody working on basic compiler for the jag just like how batari basic is a compiler for he 2600.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1723 on: October 06, 2014, 11:51:05 AM »

Yards revenge
Berserk
missle comman
These are but a few of the gems that I still enjoy today on the old 2600

MrFulci

« Reply #1724 on: October 06, 2014, 01:42:49 PM »

Yards revenge
Berserk
missle comman
These are but a few of the gems that I still enjoy today on the old 2600

If I had a choice of whether to keep my 2600, or the Jaguar, it would eb an easy choice. The 2600 would stay.

Medic wheat, the 2600 had an awesome missile command "clone" of sorts, I have to look what it was called again, since I forget,.... COMMANDO RAID!

Awesome stuff. You have to kill the parachuting guys, before they build a tunnel underground to blow up your missile launcher! In some ways, I prefer it to Missile Command.

Now that I looked at those 2600 games again, I saw Frogs and Flies, Atlantis, Cosmic Ark, Boxing....

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".