Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72293 times)

HailingTheThings

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1755 on: October 12, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »
Great episode! Made me wanna get the movie MMPR SNES game to go with my reg. one, which I've really enjoyed. Don't know how I forgot about the movie ver.

technozombie

« Reply #1756 on: October 12, 2014, 08:15:36 PM »
The panel was great, I would like to apologize for not asking my question at the mic.

TR0N

« Reply #1757 on: October 25, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #1758 on: October 25, 2014, 10:38:08 PM »
Hey Joe, great episode as always. You and Dave both together make every second Sunday morning a great reason to get out of bed and fire up your Youtube channel to see what you guys are coming up with this time.

If you will ever cover more Macross games (I saw your reviews for DYRL and Plus), I would recommend you trying SDF Macross for the PlayStation 2. It is made by SEGA, so this should be reason enough for you, shouldn't it?

Oh and by the way, it controls really well and is full of action, transforming and dogfighting. Even if someone is not familar with the show or isn't able to understand Japanese (I can't), the mission objectives are easy enough to understand from the graphics in the briefing room dialogues, making this game is an enjoyable experience. There are two stories that follow the battle events of the 1982 TV series and the 1984 movie version of Macross. A functional tutorial shows you what buttons are assigned to which actions.

It can still be picked up for a low price from Japan, which is convenient regarding this is a good quality game.
If you want, you could also bother with the (rather mediore from my point of view) Macross Scrambled Egg Zone Valkyrie on the SNES and Macross 2036 on the PCE, although these two shooties can't reach the levels of goodness of the PS2 game, so I won't blame you for leaving them out. And don't even think of touching the horrible mess which is called Robotech Battlecry. SRSLY.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:19:15 AM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Otaking

« Reply #1759 on: October 26, 2014, 01:42:32 AM »
Great episode.
I love the game Assault Suits Valken (Cybernator) the Super Famicom box artwork was amazing.

Otaking

« Reply #1760 on: October 26, 2014, 01:55:45 AM »
If you want, you could also bother with the (rather mediore from my point of view) Macross Scrambled Egg Zone Valkyrie on the SNES and Macross 2036 on the PCE, although these two shooties can't reach the levels of goodness of the PS2 game, so I won't blame you for leaving them out.
I didn't care much for the PC Engine Macross 2036 but the Super Famicom Macross Scrambled Valkyrie is awesome! it has great gameplay with loads of sprites on screen and superb graphics. Overall it's one of my favourite shoot 'em up games.

munchiaz

« Reply #1761 on: October 30, 2014, 11:57:56 AM »
Another awesome episode. I wasn't aware there was a action oriented front mission game.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1762 on: October 31, 2014, 09:45:42 AM »
Whenever you do another mech game episode, please include Kiaidan 00.  You need more Turbobs in your reviews, you hobo!  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1763 on: October 31, 2014, 07:29:54 PM »
Due to the overabundance of shooters on the system it's really hard for me to get excited about the "me-too" ones that that.

toymachine78

« Reply #1764 on: November 01, 2014, 02:04:20 AM »
Whenever you do another mech game episode, please include Kiaidan 00.  You need more Turbobs in your reviews, you hobo!  :mrgreen:
I concur. Where was Blood Gear in this episode? Epic fail.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1765 on: November 01, 2014, 09:17:59 AM »
Gee thanks.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #1766 on: November 01, 2014, 11:52:58 AM »
Hey Joe, great episode as always. You and Dave both together make every second Sunday morning a great reason to get out of bed and fire up your Youtube channel to see what you guys are coming up with this time.

If you will ever cover more Macross games (I saw your reviews for DYRL and Plus), I would recommend you trying SDF Macross for the PlayStation 2. It is made by SEGA, so this should be reason enough for you, shouldn't it?

Oh and by the way, it controls really well and is full of action, transforming and dogfighting. Even if someone is not familar with the show or isn't able to understand Japanese (I can't), the mission objectives are easy enough to understand from the graphics in the briefing room dialogues, making this game is an enjoyable experience. There are two stories that follow the battle events of the 1982 TV series and the 1984 movie version of Macross. A functional tutorial shows you what buttons are assigned to which actions.

It can still be picked up for a low price from Japan, which is convenient regarding this is a good quality game.
If you want, you could also bother with the (rather mediore from my point of view) Macross Scrambled Egg Zone Valkyrie on the SNES and Macross 2036 on the PCE, although these two shooties can't reach the levels of goodness of the PS2 game, so I won't blame you for leaving them out. And don't even think of touching the horrible mess which is called Robotech Battlecry. SRSLY.

I concur! Also the PS3 Macross game is awesome! What about Xenogears? Or Armored Core? Lots of other mech games out there..

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1767 on: November 01, 2014, 12:22:53 PM »
I haven't played Xenogears but I am very familiar with its music. Is it about mechs? All I know is the soundtrack from that as well as XenoSaga. I usually avoid Square games since I'm not fond of stories that take themselves so seriously. Chrono Trigger was fun, though.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1768 on: November 01, 2014, 01:11:48 PM »
I haven't played Xenogears but I am very familiar with its music. Is it about mechs? All I know is the soundtrack from that as well as XenoSaga. I usually avoid Square games since I'm not fond of stories that take themselves so seriously. Chrono Trigger was fun, though.

Yes it is. I have only played the ps1 game ....unfortunately I am blanking on the story but I want to say it was mixed serious with lighter fun moments.

seieienbu

« Reply #1769 on: November 02, 2014, 12:25:38 AM »
Xenogears' story was really good for the first 5 hours or so.  After that it gets hyper ridiculous culminating in a silly religious allegories and robots being crucified.  I think it's worth a play through though.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93