Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72578 times)

reson8er

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1800 on: November 24, 2014, 03:53:29 AM »
Really great episode. Thanks Joe and Dave.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #1801 on: November 24, 2014, 12:04:06 PM »
Amazing episode.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1802 on: November 24, 2014, 12:12:25 PM »
Hey Joe do you have a preference on which type of Sega CD model?

If so why?

Personally I like how the model one genesis and Sega cd looks together.

But as of late have found that the Sega cdx seems to be the more reliable model.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1803 on: November 24, 2014, 12:18:59 PM »
I prefer the model 1 but the thing has bad cap syndrome just like a Turbo Duo. Maybe not as bad, but it happens. Plus the stupid mechanical drive/tray can sometimes cause issues. For reliability the model 2 wins. But it takes up such a huge footprint.

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #1804 on: November 24, 2014, 12:57:04 PM »
Yo Joe, you know anyone that recaps model 1s?  I haven't had any luck finding someone.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #1805 on: November 25, 2014, 02:03:25 AM »
Model 1's have a stupid design where you have these tiny plastic gears that lift the entire CD mechanism after the tray pulls in.  It is very heavy for the system to handle and easily strips gears.  Bad design but I guess that was the best they could do in the early 90's.  Model 2 hands down for reliability but Model 1 for pimp status.

I was hoping you guys would go over the software updates like the different versions and if there was anything significant.   

I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1806 on: November 25, 2014, 03:08:47 AM »
Model 1's have a stupid design where you have these tiny plastic gears that lift the entire CD mechanism after the tray pulls in.  It is very heavy for the system to handle and easily strips gears.  Bad design but I guess that was the best they could do in the early 90's.  Model 2 hands down for reliability but Model 1 for pimp status.

I was hoping you guys would go over the software updates like the different versions and if there was anything significant.   

I didnt know they had any type of software updates.

I thought that was something that didn't start until the dream cast and PS2

munchiaz

« Reply #1807 on: November 25, 2014, 03:23:51 AM »
Another great ep. I need to get a working Sega CD. I have a broken JVC X'eye and a broken model 2

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1808 on: November 25, 2014, 03:45:53 AM »
Another great ep. I need to get a working Sega CD. I have a broken JVC X'eye and a broken model 2

I use to be in a similar boat. All I had was a wonky dfidgety model one and I finally went balls deep and bought a CDX. So far I have no complaints.

Finally completed and enjoyed Snatcher

Working on  dundgen  explorer

Played and completed Sonic CD

Planning on getting or completing my remaining Sega cd games for my library. Will probably always misses Kios Flying Squadron. But in all honestly doesn't seem like a must have like Cotton on the super cd.

Might just burn a copy on day to test it out though.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #1809 on: November 25, 2014, 06:43:12 AM »

I didnt know they had any type of software updates.

I thought that was something that didn't start until the dream cast and PS2

I'm sorry I said that wrong, I meant BIOS revisions, not actual software you can install.

Below are revisions of each BIOS version according to region and model.

BIOS Revisions Version    System & Region
1.00   Mega CD (E/J))
1.10   Sega CD (NA)
2.00   Mega CD 2 (E/J), Sega CD 2 (NA)
2.11   Mega CD 2 (E/J), Sega CD 2 (NA)
2.21   Sega Multi-Mega (E), Sega Genesis CDX (NA)

Boot ROM version 2.00 and later support use of a Sega Mega Mouse on control port 2. This can be used instead of the control pad to control the CD player interface.

BlueBMW

« Reply #1810 on: November 25, 2014, 07:03:11 AM »
How about the wondermega and xeye bioses?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

« Reply #1811 on: November 25, 2014, 07:08:42 AM »
How easy is it to mod a Sega CD to play Mega CD games?

Opethian

« Reply #1812 on: November 25, 2014, 07:18:13 AM »
they made a carts where you can boot the system into either region and have more RAM to save games.

http://products.genny4ever.net/megacart_v1x.html

use this

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #1813 on: November 25, 2014, 07:18:41 AM »

How easy is it to mod a Sega CD to play Mega CD games?

Just buy a tototek megacart, man.  It's like $70 I think, and I don't think you'll get someone to mod your console for much cheaper than that.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1814 on: November 25, 2014, 07:21:28 AM »
they made a carts where you can boot the system into either region and have more RAM to save games.

http://products.genny4ever.net/megacart_v1x.html

use this

That is pretty bad ass

Right up there with those alt power cables that can run multi system add one and not eat up as much space on your outlets.