Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72740 times)

TR0N

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1815 on: November 25, 2014, 05:27:55 PM »
Another great ep. I need to get a working Sega CD. I have a broken JVC X'eye and a broken model 2
Planning on getting or completing my remaining Sega cd games for my library. Will probably always misses Kios Flying Squadron. But in all honestly doesn't seem like a must have like Cotton on the super cd.

Might just burn a copy on day to test it out though.
U.S keio is expensive but a japan one is much cheaper in price.You're not missing much in a u.s keio flying squadron,it's english dub etc is terrible.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

munchiaz

« Reply #1816 on: November 26, 2014, 02:40:21 AM »
they made a carts where you can boot the system into either region and have more RAM to save games.

http://products.genny4ever.net/megacart_v1x.html

Looks like you can also use a Mega Everdrive which i already have. Also i was able to fix my X'eye by swapping the laser out with one from a extra Sega Saturn i had laying around

use this

TR0N

« Reply #1817 on: December 06, 2014, 06:21:18 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #1818 on: December 06, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
Not a bad episode, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one for whom the 32x is the console of choice for playing doom.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

« Reply #1819 on: December 07, 2014, 01:02:08 AM »
This is a good topic: second chances. It allows a deeper analysis of (1) what works and (2) doesn't work in a game's favor.

I have changed my feelings about so many games...and I am grateful for it.

|    | 

Punch

« Reply #1820 on: December 07, 2014, 01:31:53 AM »
AHAHAHA I knew people would be pissed as soon as I finished the video. Whiny babies can't believe that not everyone considers Final Fantasy 7 as a classic, flawless game. Because it isn't and it is overhyped as hell.

edit: maybe I should revisit the game? Hmm.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:37:59 AM by Punch »

esteban

Game Sack
« Reply #1821 on: December 07, 2014, 02:28:25 AM »
UPDATE: I finally finished watching the DOOM 128 segment at the very end. THE HORROR! Who is that scary monster with a full head of hair?!

DOOM 128 is absolutely awesome.
  |    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1822 on: December 07, 2014, 03:56:08 AM »
Nice episode

Now you got me thinking on what games I have or HAD that I didn't like to give a second chance.   

Hmmmmm

The forever man on the genesis would be one.  I kept getting lost.

Punch out in space on the NES would be another

BlueBMW

« Reply #1823 on: December 07, 2014, 05:44:56 AM »
One game I wrote off at first back in the day was Donkey Kong Country 3....  I just didnt like it like I liked the first two.  Last year I gave it another go and now I love it.  Its always worth giving games a second chance.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ccovell

« Reply #1824 on: December 07, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »
Dave, I'm glad you came around on Bubble Ghost, and the music is great, seeing as it's composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto (of Magical Chase & Gauntlet IV fame.)

Joe...  Doom... blow your "WAD".  Good pun.  ;-)

esteban

« Reply #1825 on: December 07, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »
Ok, since nobody is gonna call Dave out for his UTTER LACK OF PLATFORMING SKILLS in Bonk's Adventure... I will.

Dave, your complaints about Bonk's Adventure reveal your lack of skills. It's a damn good game, and the controls are not hard to become comfortable with. 
  |    | 

SamIAm

« Reply #1826 on: December 07, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »
Indeed. There is a difference between a game with bad controls, and a game where the controls are one of the skills you are supposed to become good at. It's like saying that Castlevania has bad control because the whip takes a half-second to fire up.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1827 on: December 07, 2014, 12:08:58 PM »
What's funny is that I recorded the Bonk's Adventure gameplay because Dave's Duo has the quick and easy s-video mod and I just don't think it looks up to snuff. Gonna have to fix that to the proper RGB-derived S-video in the future. Anyway I had to hunt and hunt to find footage of me messing up like I imagined him doing. I think he didn't know that you press the button once and then you're upside down. Press it again and you're right side up.

Dicer

« Reply #1828 on: December 07, 2014, 12:15:55 PM »
Bonk hate, what is this I don't even.

And the Jag port of doom is the best console port bar none, even with the lack of music...

BlueBMW

« Reply #1829 on: December 07, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »
It is a little sad that you didnt get past where you did in FF7 though.  The game is soooo much more than just that first little section.  You were no where near the end of disc 1.  It does seem to get better later in the game.  Battles can still be annoying but overall there is a lot of good stuff.  Maybe consider trying again but use a guide some?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc