Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72278 times)

Gentlegamer

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #1905 on: January 07, 2015, 11:03:48 AM »
Here's the last page, you can backtrack from there http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?16584-Game-Sack/page88

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1906 on: January 07, 2015, 11:52:32 AM »
Just be sure to replace the word "hate" with "am extremely annoyed by" as you read it.

Desh

« Reply #1907 on: January 07, 2015, 01:45:49 PM »
Here's the last page, you can backtrack from there http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?16584-Game-Sack/page88

Thanks for the link.  I will never get that 15 minutes of my life back.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #1908 on: January 07, 2015, 02:01:49 PM »
Like I posted at Feka-16, I was immensely happy to see you started your list with Master System Choplifter. One of my all time favorites!

I was kind of surprised not to see Shinobi on your list, either PCE or SMS. PCE for being nearly arcade perfect, and Master System for being both largely accurate and a nice "consolized" conversion where you have a life bar and don't die with a single hit.

I would bet if you expanded your list to ten Shinobi would be on there.

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #1909 on: January 07, 2015, 04:01:46 PM »

Like I posted at Feka-16, I was immensely happy to see you started your list with Master System Choplifter. One of my all time favorites!

I was kind of surprised not to see Shinobi on your list, either PCE or SMS. PCE for being nearly arcade perfect, and Master System for being both largely accurate and a nice "consolized" conversion where you have a life bar and don't die with a single hit.

I would bet if you expanded your list to ten Shinobi would be on there.

I don't think there's a single home conversion of Shinobi that really hits home for me.  The PCE is about as arcadey as you can get, but it's still not perfect.  I actually prefer Shadow Dancer on the SMS over the Shinobi port.  Actually, I'd rather play SMS Shadow Dancer than any version of the original Shinobi.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1910 on: January 08, 2015, 01:43:52 AM »
Nice episode!  If you ever do a Bottom 5 Arcade to Home Conversions episode, please include Hatris.  :mrgreen:

Thanks for the link.  I will never get that 15 minutes of my life back.

Heh, no kidding; that guy is a real toolbag.  Pissing and moaning about video quality is just plain stupid, seeing as gamesack is 10x better than your average jump cut youtube crap that looks like it was pulled from a heavily worn 20 year old slp vhs dub with tracking issues.

Not that posting an opinion or suggestion is bad, but to go on and on and on about it?  Nope.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

BlueBMW

« Reply #1911 on: January 08, 2015, 02:49:35 AM »
Joe, your browns arent brown enough on your Genesis captures!!! Fix it!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #1912 on: January 08, 2015, 03:37:30 AM »
Joe, does it help a little if I say I enjoyed the N64 episode of GameSack? I did, honestly. :) And I've no idea what others could have found wrong about that, but then I did not read that video's comments. I just see it mentioned here and there.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1913 on: January 08, 2015, 08:12:16 AM »
With the N64 episode most people are annoyed by the fact that we had too many racing games in there (we probably did). But hey it's what we enjoyed on the system. Some of the people were annoyed by what they perceived as a flagrant dissing on the Zelda games. How can OOT not be our most favoritist Zelda game? Don't like an aspect about Majora's Mask? That's worse than drawing Muhammed! Ocarina of Time is one of the games I'd like to try and give a second chance to someday, however.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #1914 on: January 08, 2015, 09:58:52 AM »
Thanks for the explanation.

When I got my N64 at Christmas '97 back then, my first games were Turok and xtreme-G. Heck, in my opinion the N64 was known for excelling at three genres: Platformers, FPS and racing games. Lots of racing games, and some are still worth playing today. I like how you brought up Beetle Adventure Racing, a game I once won in a draw. A friend of mine and me had a lot of fun exploring the vast tracks of BAR in 2-player mode and we tried to exploit the game's physics more or less successfully. The N64 isn't just Zelda or Mario.

EDIT: Oh and I found it very cool how you two talked about all the tech stuff in a way that made me smile. :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:07:24 AM by ClodBuster »

I said no, no, no

SephirothTNH

« Reply #1915 on: January 08, 2015, 11:06:19 AM »
I really enjoyed the N64 episode as well.  I was shocked to see someone mention it wasn't received well.  I don't read the video comments usually.  I actually thought it was quite refreshing to not see it end up being all about Zelda and Mario. 

I do like OOT but no Zelda has ever topped A Link to the Past for me. 

PunkicCyborg

Re: Game Sacked
« Reply #1916 on: January 08, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »
JOE WHY DONT YOU MAKE THE SHOW HOW THIEF FROM SEGA16 LIKES IT

That bitch needs to get game sacked
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #1917 on: January 08, 2015, 07:00:43 PM »
Haha, the first episode I ever saw must have been either the N64 or the Mario Vs Sonic one. From what I can remember, it popped up in the recommendations of my Xbox360's Youtube App.

I said no, no, no

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #1918 on: January 09, 2015, 02:03:35 AM »
I love pretty much all episodes of Game Sack.  The production quality alone is above board and true fans are making great videos.

But to keep the fanbois in check just use RF through a 1978 Zenith and then record the image via a Kodak XL55 Super 8 Movie Camera and get the sound via reel to reel through a AKG MIC submerged in maple syrup.

That way it is fair and you should know this BTW.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Punch

« Reply #1919 on: January 09, 2015, 02:26:46 PM »
The choplifter capture does look a little bit too bright to be honest.