Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72182 times)

WoodyXP

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2010 on: February 16, 2015, 02:49:59 AM »
No Yakuza? Play it if you haven't already Joe, it's seriously worth it.

Word.  It's the best thing Sega has done since quitting the hardware biz, IMO.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2011 on: February 16, 2015, 03:37:57 AM »
No PS2 Macross?!

Just kidding. I'm going to rewatch your Outrun episode for more Information on the Xbox games.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2012 on: February 22, 2015, 03:21:12 PM »
No PS2 Macross?!

Just kidding. I'm going to rewatch your Outrun episode for more Information on the Xbox games.
PS3 Macross is just as good if not better. :P

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2013 on: February 22, 2015, 05:45:37 PM »
Is it? I haven't played it, so I can't judge. But I had a lot of fun with the PS2 game and its missions based on the original 1982 TV series and 1984 movie storyline. I don't have interest in any other later series of the Macross franchise, especially not for Frontier.

I didn't read reviews for the game that was sold along with the DYRL Blu-ray as a bonus. Plus, I don't own a PS3. Could you please go into deeper detail about the PS3 Macross game(s)?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:07:57 PM by ClodBuster »

I said no, no, no

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2014 on: February 23, 2015, 01:30:56 AM »
Is it? I haven't played it, so I can't judge. But I had a lot of fun with the PS2 game and its missions based on the original 1982 TV series and 1984 movie storyline. I don't have interest in any other later series of the Macross franchise, especially not for Frontier.

I didn't read reviews for the game that was sold along with the DYRL Blu-ray as a bonus. Plus, I don't own a PS3. Could you please go into deeper detail about the PS3 Macross game(s)?

Its basically a Macross RPG which Macross fans have asked for years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_30:_Voices_across_the_Galaxy
An awesome game, too bad it isn't in English..

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2015 on: February 23, 2015, 02:47:12 AM »
Oh well, thanks. I think I'll take a look at some videos later on. But seeing the blue-haired beauty Minmay being horribly ugly drawn on the cover and hearing of RPG elements doesn't set my expectations on fire, you know. It's no SEGA game, unlike Macross on PS2.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:58:04 AM by ClodBuster »

I said no, no, no

Gentlegamer

« Reply #2016 on: February 28, 2015, 06:10:52 PM »
New Game Sack, Sunsoft

Does Joe typically ninja episodes up in the middle of the night?

TR0N

« Reply #2017 on: February 28, 2015, 06:27:37 PM »
New Game Sack, Sunsoft

Ahh sunsoft was great on the nes/famicom,then afterwards it went all down hill.Though the last games i really enjoyed by them is albert odyssey and waku waku 7.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2018 on: February 28, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »
New Game Sack, Sunsoft

No!

This is how we do things:

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2019 on: March 01, 2015, 12:14:34 AM »
Great episode as always. Sun soft has many great games and a very distinct high quality spirt look that remained CONSISTANT throughtoit their run when developed in-house.

Those Neo Geo MVS honestly makes me feel that Capcom lifted the color pallet and look of the mega Man Zero games from Sunsoft. Looking at that female fighter in their Neo Geo game really makes me think of how Zero looked in those GBA games. Hmmmm

As for some of those other NES games I will keep an eye out. But personally for me my favorite is Gremlins 2. Loved the movie a kid and loved the game as well. One of the few games my parents were ever able to buy for me when I originally had my NES and one of the few games I refused to give away when my mother made me give the NES and games to a family friend prior to them getting me a SNES. My mother thought I was being selfish and weird for holding onto NES games when my system was being given away but I had such a connection to them I couldn't part. Those being Megaman 2, Gremlins 2, Battale Toads and TMNT 2.

Even with my copy of Battle Toads no longer working I still hold onto it purely because it reminds me of my parents. I even shared this story with my mom just the other day while she is visiting. She said she had no idea I still had them or that I appreciated them so much even now that I am in my 30s about to have my first child.

CAPSLOCK

« Reply #2020 on: March 01, 2015, 01:21:46 AM »
Man I always look forward to a new game sack! "when you defeat each stages assistant manager" haha that made me laugh!

Gentlegamer

« Reply #2021 on: March 01, 2015, 01:39:28 AM »
New Game Sack, Sunsoft

No!

This is how we do things:

We let Google track our web activity by embedding?

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2022 on: March 01, 2015, 02:16:07 AM »
Sunsoft was very good with music on the NES/Famicom, could be my favorite, that or Capcom.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Desh

« Reply #2023 on: March 01, 2015, 02:50:10 AM »
YES!  I love these developer episodes and Sunsoft is one of my personal favorites.  Awesome episode.  Shame on Joe for not being able to finish Journey to Silius.  That is one of my personal favorite games on the NES.  It is hard to compare it to Contra though.  You can't just run and blast your way through Silius like you can in Contra.  You must take your time and think of the best ways to attack without getting hit.

NightWolve

« Reply #2024 on: March 01, 2015, 06:54:45 AM »
Yeah, I liked this SunSoft episode. Blaster Master was a great game.