Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72143 times)

VenomMacbeth

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2190 on: April 26, 2015, 07:01:09 AM »
I've been on the fence about this one for quite some time...I could probably count all the games I want for the system on one hand, and this video didn't do toooo much to remedy that.  However, that Beast Buster game looks a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be when I've read about it.  The Metal Slug games look good, too.

I just wish the fighting games didn't have chibi characters.  That's a big turn-off for me for some reason.

And that Rockman game looks twice as crappy as I thought it'd be.  I can't believe the price it goes for on eBay.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2191 on: April 26, 2015, 10:01:12 AM »
I've been on the fence about this one for quite some time...I could probably count all the games I want for the system on one hand, and this video didn't do toooo much to remedy that.  However, that Beast Buster game looks a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be when I've read about it.  The Metal Slug games look good, too.

I just wish the fighting games didn't have chibi characters.  That's a big turn-off for me for some reason.

And that Rockman game looks twice as crappy as I thought it'd be.  I can't believe the price it goes for on eBay.

I wonder if there are any other games Joe would recommend as a starter set that isn't 90% fighters that was not mentioned on the show.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2192 on: April 26, 2015, 11:22:47 AM »
I wouldn't recommend any game that wasn't on the show. Except maybe Ogre Battle if you like that sort of thing. I tried it and just couldn't get into it... probably because it's in Japanese only.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2193 on: April 26, 2015, 01:56:48 PM »
I think I'd rather get a Wonderswan Crystal? Is that weird? Am I weird? How many people hate me?

Raise your hand.

*raises hayand*

seieienbu

« Reply #2194 on: April 26, 2015, 04:36:15 PM »
At least NGPC and Wonderswan are both pretty cheap...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2195 on: April 26, 2015, 06:27:49 PM »
At least NGPC and Wonderswan are both pretty cheap...

Hmm yes, hmm yes.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2196 on: April 27, 2015, 04:03:31 PM »
Is there a Wonderswan emulator?

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2197 on: April 27, 2015, 06:07:27 PM »
Is there a Wonderswan emulator?

I do believe there are(is an) emulator(s) for the wonderswan, yes?

seieienbu

« Reply #2198 on: April 27, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »
Mednafen emulates Wonderswan.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2199 on: April 28, 2015, 06:51:50 AM »
Wonderswan Color is worth it just for the Final Fantasy games.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

seieienbu

« Reply #2200 on: April 28, 2015, 09:26:57 PM »
Wonderswan Color is worth it just for the Final Fantasy games.

I bought one way back when for the port of FF1.  I thought the funniest thing about it was that the game came with a save pre-loaded with light warriors named after the cast of Gundam Wing.  I bought all of the Square games on the platform and a few other games.  Blue Wing Blitz was an okay strategy RPG that Square never released anywhere else and I liked the ports of the first Saga and Romancing Saga games.

I always kinda wondered if the Rockman.exe games were the same as the GBA ones or not.

My one real complaint with the system was, predictably, how the system handles audio.  I don't like how you only get 4 settings for volume level and I also dislike requiring an adapter for headphones.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2201 on: April 29, 2015, 04:39:03 AM »
The sound of the WSC, if it's any different than the regular WS, is very nice though. Sounds like WSG. It was so cool to hear FFIV with proper chip tunes.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

TR0N

« Reply #2202 on: May 09, 2015, 07:52:43 PM »
New episode is up about game reproductions.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGameSack

Dunno what's going on some damn yt update that won't allow a direct link wtf !?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:54:43 AM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2203 on: May 09, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »
The sound of the WSC, if it's any different than the regular WS, is very nice though. Sounds like WSG. It was so cool to hear FFIV with proper chip tunes.

Not sure of any sound differences. But I did compare the screens as best I could between the three different versions of the Wonderswan in this video.

Playing Wonderswan games on an emulator has a tendency to smooth the games out and eliminate slowdown and flicker present on the actual hardware.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #2204 on: May 09, 2015, 10:52:56 PM »

Not sure of any sound differences. But I did compare the screens as best I could between the three different versions of the Wonderswan in this video.

Playing Wonderswan games on an emulator has a tendency to smooth the games out and eliminate slowdown and flicker present on the actual hardware.

That's a great video, but you know what folks are going to say...tripod!

Considering that you shot it in one take and didn't use a tripod, that video was great :)
  |    |