Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72069 times)

EvilEvoIX

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2250 on: May 30, 2015, 08:51:08 AM »
Arcade ports were technically impossible for 16-bit gen consoles bitd, but we got lots anyways. Shovel Knight would be less of a stretch for MD/PCE from what I've seen. If some sections only have 8 lsyers of psrallax instead of 12, it's not a big deal. Playing a game on real 16-bit hardware with chip tunes would be a big deal though.

What I saw in preview videos definitely looked beyond all existing and potential-within-a-few-more-years NES add-on chips, but not unreasonable for MD/PCE. If ports were handled by typical average 16-bit gen developers with tunnel vision who can only be bothered or are only capable of scrolling tile layers in uncreative ways, then yeah, they'd need a PSX/Saturn. Unless I never got to see some particular parallax examples in SK, then a reasonably facsimile could be pulled off that wouldn't look different to the average person, unless they compared them side by side.

The idea of playing a modern computer game with faux retro dressing on modern hardware doesn't appeal to me. Playing even a compromised version on 16-bit consoles would be completely different.

Great post, I 100% agree.
I know it really isn't part of the 16 bit generation but I bet the Atari Jaguar would pull it off nicely.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

TR0N

« Reply #2251 on: May 30, 2015, 08:11:36 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

technozombie

« Reply #2252 on: May 31, 2015, 03:19:01 AM »

That's video is great. Joe please give us more head.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2253 on: May 31, 2015, 04:04:39 AM »
Wait. When did blood dragon get a physical release that wasn't on PC?

I know there was a trilogy collection for the PS3 and 360 but from what I have seen these are with DLC codes for Blood Dragon.

Totally point me in the right direction because I haven't played Blood Dragon yet.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2254 on: May 31, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »

I know there was a trilogy collection for the PS3 and 360 but from what I have seen these are with DLC codes for Blood Dragon.

Totally point me in the right direction because I haven't played Blood Dragon yet.

Click Here

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2255 on: May 31, 2015, 01:04:59 PM »

Click Here

Sweet thanks.

Dang so it was only on physical for the 360?  Dang.

I only say dang because I have all my FC games for the PS3. Oh well at lest the BD is a separate game that doesn't cross over its status or weapons to the main game. So for that I can enjoy it.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2256 on: May 31, 2015, 08:19:18 PM »
I would like to like Blood Dragon, but I can not stand bullet sponge enemies in FPS games. They make me feel my weapons are useless.

The few console FPS games I really like must have either believable enemy behavior like GoldenEye 007 and Call of Duty 2, or really good and blazing fast controls like Turok Dinosaur Hunter. Either bullet sponges or unresponsive slow and clunky controls put me off. Turok 1 has a big nostalgia bonus for me though, keep that in mind since some later enemies are the archetype of bullet sponges. The controls in GE007 and CoD2 are done well enough to keep me coming back for more and more.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:28:04 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

VenomMacbeth

Game Sack
« Reply #2257 on: May 31, 2015, 11:04:33 PM »
I would like to like Blood Dragon, but I can not stand bullet sponge enemies in FPS games. They make me feel my weapons are useless.

The few console FPS games I really like must have either believable enemy behavior like GoldenEye 007 and Call of Duty 2, or really good and blazing fast controls like Turok Dinosaur Hunter. Either bullet sponges or unresponsive slow and clunky controls put me off. Turok 1 has a big nostalgia bonus for me though, keep that in mind since some later enemies are the archetype of bullet sponges. The controls in GE007 and CoD2 are done well enough to keep me coming back for more and more.

Have you ever played the Half-Life games?  I've only played them on console & it's hands-down my favorite FPS.  Controls are better in the sequels on 360, but at least the first one on PS2 lets you customize le buttons & I *think* even allows for keyboard & mouse controls.  Sometimes you get into a "bullet sponge" situation, but that usually just means you aren't using a big enough gun.

They both control exponentially better than Goldeneye, assuming you're talking about the N64 version.  I'm not even a hardcore FPS guy & I love the Half-Life games, though they may be a little slow for your typical COD/Halo-gamers.  But eh, if I get bored with it, I just pop in Doom & I'm satisfied after a couple shotgun kills. ^-^
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:06:08 PM by VenomMacbeth »
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2258 on: June 01, 2015, 02:28:35 AM »
I haven't played Half-Life yet. I'm no hardcore FPS gamer at all, it is just that there are really few FPS games on consoles and computers that I enjoy (I'll add Doom1/2, Duke3D, Quake1/2 and UT99 to the list) and the majority of them are from the last century, with CoD2 and Doom3 being the exception from the rule.

I said no, no, no

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #2259 on: June 01, 2015, 05:32:14 PM »
Dude, awesome list!  Sounds like our tastes are at least somewhat parallel.  I, too, don't care much for FPS on the whole.

With that in mind, I urge you to try out Half-Life.  I'd almost recommend starting with the second one, though that may be somewhat confusing story-wise.  The first one just starts off so slow... 

Seriously though.  Give it a shot.  Also, you like Doom...do you like Star Wars?

If you answered "yes" to that question, check out Dark Forces.  It was ported to the PS1, but looks & plays much better on PC.  It's a pretty shameless Doom clone, but sometimes I feel more like killing storm troopers than denizens of hell.  Plus, you get the Wilhelm scream when you fall off cliffs!
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2260 on: June 01, 2015, 07:00:23 PM »
I'll keep your suggestions in mind. About Star Wars... Who doesn't like Star Wars? I've played Jedi Knight 1, I couldn't get very far in the game, but the FMV life action scenes were nice to look at for their time. Honestly I'm more in for the three Rogue Squadron games.

I said no, no, no

xelement5x

« Reply #2261 on: June 02, 2015, 05:26:19 AM »
It looks like Blood Dragon was available on PS3 in the compilation as well, but does the 360 version run better or something?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2262 on: June 02, 2015, 05:30:31 AM »
Half off is amazing.  If you want to play it play the first one first obviously.  Crazy story line that is half of the appeal.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #2263 on: June 02, 2015, 05:53:57 AM »

I love the thumbnail for this video. 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2264 on: June 02, 2015, 06:31:38 AM »
It looks like Blood Dragon was available on PS3 in the compilation as well, but does the 360 version run better or something?

From what I can tell the PS3 copy doesn't have blood dragon on a physical disk just a download code.