Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72104 times)

TR0N

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2280 on: June 20, 2015, 08:26:06 PM »
Oh, man, this is the first time I have (or had) all the games on a Game Sack ep! (Well, almost, didn't have Fantasy Zone collection.)
Most of what they showed i have as well expect for fantasy zone.I also like the fact that joe didn't defend snk arcade classics vol.1,for it's awful emulation.Really i don't understand how non neo-geo owners enjoy that compilation so much.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:40:52 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2281 on: June 21, 2015, 04:35:59 AM »
Another amazing episode.  I am going to go get Sonics Ultimate Collection now!!!  They go for mad cheap and it looks amazing!!!

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2282 on: June 21, 2015, 06:14:35 AM »
Both Mega Man and Mega Man X collections are worth owning and so much cheaper for PS2 than buying the individual games. Thankfully the emulation is done well on the majority of games on both compilations, well if you don't count MM7 and MM8.

It is sad for me to see that the SEGA and SNK collections didn't get enough care emulation wise. I often read people complaining about sound quality especially on Genesis collections, no wonder that console's music gets more bad reputation in retrospect. Digital Eclipse's port of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night to the Xbox 360 Live Arcade has some minor graphical scaling/stretching issues as well as slightly downgraded audio quality, when I compared it directly to my PS1 game.

Good thing the Monster Land collection on Xbox 360 is done excellent. I can't thank you (GameSack and PCEFX forum members) enough for having me recommended a gem like Monster World IV some months ago. Even my girlfriend thinks Asha and her blue Pepelogoo are damn cute.

Now, if the Xbox 360 controller's D-Pad won't suck so much... good thing I have an adaptor that let me use PlayStation and Dualshock 1/2 controllers, that's so much better on so many 2D games. It processes the input signals lag-free, but it needs a wired Xbox 360 controller connected for authorization though:
http://www.dx.com/en/p/ps2-to-xbox-360-controller-adapter-cable-33241#.VYbx10OhstQ
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:36:45 AM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Sadler

« Reply #2283 on: June 21, 2015, 06:59:29 AM »
GoT 4-in-1 is obviously the best game collection of all time. :D

esteban

« Reply #2284 on: June 21, 2015, 07:08:18 AM »

Both Mega Man and Mega Man X collections are worth owning and so much cheaper for PS2 than buying the individual games. Thankfully the emulation is done well on the majority of games on both compilations, well if you don't count MM7 and MM8.

It is sad for me to see that the SEGA and SNK collections didn't get enough care emulation wise. I often read people complaining about sound quality especially on Genesis collections, no wonder that console's music gets more bad reputation in retrospect. Digital Eclipse's port of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night to the Xbox 360 Live Arcade has some minor graphical scaling/stretching issues as well as slightly downgraded audio quality, when I compared it directly to my PS1 game.

Good thing the Monster Land collection on Xbox 360 is done excellent. I can't thank you (GameSack and PCEFX forum members) enough for having me recommended a gem like Monster World IV some months ago. Even my girlfriend thinks Asha and her blue Pepelogoo are damn cute.

Now, if the Xbox 360 controller's D-Pad won't suck so much... good thing I have an adaptor that let me use PlayStation and Dualshock 1/2 controllers, that's so much better on so many 2D games. It processes the input signals lag-free, but it needs a wired Xbox 360 controller connected for authorization though:
http://www.dx.com/en/p/ps2-to-xbox-360-controller-adapter-cable-33241#.VYbx10OhstQ

The MegaDrive's/Genesis's poor reputation for music started well-before emulation. Not all hardware was equal...some models/hardware versions suffered from poor sound output.

I did not know this back in the day; it never occurred to me that there could be a difference.

Anyway, except for a few games, I always felt that Genesis/MegaDrive had a harsh sound. This worked for some games, but hurt other games. Today, I am trying to be more open-minded

I was making analog recordings (on cassette, as well as VHS) of all my favorite soundtracks back in the 80's/early 90's...so I should point out that there is a very big difference between (1) listening to music as it is WOVEN into a game vs. (2) listening to music in isolation.

It is easier to be more forgiving in the former (first) scenario.
  |    | 

MrBroadway

« Reply #2285 on: June 21, 2015, 03:02:17 PM »
Oh, man, this is the first time I have (or had) all the games on a Game Sack ep! (Well, almost, didn't have Fantasy Zone collection.)
Most of what they showed i have as well expect for fantasy zone.I also like the fact that joe didn't defend snk arcade classics vol.1,for it's awful emulation.Really i don't understand how non neo-geo owners enjoy that compilation so much.
It's worth it over the financial and space cost of owning the real deal.

technozombie

« Reply #2286 on: June 21, 2015, 03:24:20 PM »
Another good episode. I really want that Fantasy Zone compilation. I may have to go the route Dave did to play it.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2287 on: June 21, 2015, 05:17:47 PM »

The MegaDrive's/Genesis's poor reputation for music started well-before emulation. Not all hardware was equal...some models/hardware versions suffered from poor sound output.

I did not know this back in the day; it never occurred to me that there could be a difference.

Anyway, except for a few games, I always felt that Genesis/MegaDrive had a harsh sound. This worked for some games, but hurt other games. Today, I am trying to be more open-minded

I was making analog recordings (on cassette, as well as VHS) of all my favorite soundtracks back in the 80's/early 90's...so I should point out that there is a very big difference between (1) listening to music as it is WOVEN into a game vs. (2) listening to music in isolation.

It is easier to be more forgiving in the former (first) scenario.

The sound is what the developer can get out of it.  It's very clean and unmuffled.  Essentially model 1 sega genesis HIGH DEFINITION GRAFX models had excellent sound.  Model 2's got bad.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

TR0N

« Reply #2288 on: June 21, 2015, 07:31:15 PM »
It's worth it over the financial and space cost of owning the real deal.
Neo-Geo CMVS owner here and cost wasn't much for me.Space is the only issue i ever have given how big the cartridges are.Snkplaymore should have never used terminal reality,for the compilation in the first place.It should have been M2 instead or some one else for the emulation.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

munchiaz

« Reply #2289 on: June 22, 2015, 08:42:03 AM »
Another awesome ep. I really do need to get that Sega collection for the ps3

technozombie

« Reply #2290 on: June 30, 2015, 09:48:54 AM »
Speaking of digital games getting a physical release, Shovel Knight is on the way.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/06/shovel-knight-physical-version-coming-to-a-store-near-you/

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2291 on: June 30, 2015, 10:05:09 AM »
Speaking of digital games getting a physical release, Shovel Knight is on the way.

linky

There's a lot of complaints in the comments about it not coming to Vita, to which I agree.  I'd buy it if it were on Vita anyway.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

technozombie

« Reply #2292 on: June 30, 2015, 11:55:06 AM »

linky

There's a lot of complaints in the comments about it not coming to Vita, to which I agree.  I'd buy it if it were on Vita anyway.

Is it available as a digital download on Vita? They should make it where if you buy the PS4 version you could play it on both systems, win/win.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2293 on: June 30, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »
Yep, it's already ported to the Vita (PS3 too), so I don't see why they wouldn't want to cash in on a small print run.  That Retro City game had a small run of a couple thousand copies, selling out in like a day, so there's obviously a market.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #2294 on: June 30, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »
Lol, I knew a Shovel Knight physical version was going to happen!  Now the question is whether to get the Wii U or the 3DS version...
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story