Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72360 times)

BlueBMW

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2310 on: July 05, 2015, 05:23:38 PM »
Mariokart DS really is pretty awesome.  It honestly feels a lot like MK64...  maybe that's why I like it so much.

Joe, we need to get a Denver group together to play just MK64
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2311 on: July 06, 2015, 12:56:14 AM »
Mariokart DS really is pretty awesome.  It honestly feels a lot like MK64...  maybe that's why I like it so much.

Joe, we need to get a Denver group together to play just MK64

Too much blue shell.

I like Super Mario Kart and Super Circuit most.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Game Sack
« Reply #2312 on: July 06, 2015, 01:07:55 AM »
I know I am old but I still enjoy Super Mario Kart.

I spent a bazillion hours playing the Wii incarnation, too, but that was because of my kids.  It was decent.

I haven't played the N64 or Gamecube games in years.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:50:24 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2313 on: July 06, 2015, 02:11:55 AM »
I once beat all the 150ccm cups of Super Mario Kart together with a friend in 2-player mode, it must have been 7 years ago. Boy, that was tough, we had to rely on Bowser and DK Jr since they were the only characters that had enough top speed. I don't think I'll achieve this another time in my life. I still like its battle mode, but I won't play the cups any more.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:14:35 AM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2314 on: July 06, 2015, 03:16:29 AM »
I once beat all the 150ccm cups of Super Mario Kart together with a friend in 2-player mode, it must have been 7 years ago. Boy, that was tough, we had to rely on Bowser and DK Jr since they were the only characters that had enough top speed. I don't think I'll achieve this another time in my life. I still like its battle mode, but I won't play the cups any more.

Over the years I got obscenely good at that game. I went over to a friends house maybe 10 years ago, and he didn't even have 150CC unlocked on his childhood copy. within a little over an hour I had unlocked 150CC and changed every single trophy in the game to gold.
--DragonmasterDan

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2315 on: July 06, 2015, 03:47:01 AM »
What no mention of Atari Karts on Jag or Merlin's Racing on the Nuon!?!?!?!  For shame.... Such a horrible list.

;)

Great episode as always!

A couple SameGack episode suggestions I'd like to see-

Retrospective of Kunio series, games and spinoffs-
Renegade, River City Ransom, Super DodgeBall, Kunio's PCE games... etc etc

Company profiles with historical info-
GameArts, Jaleco or possibly Taito?

A look at MMO's? 
I'm not exactly a fan of MMO's, but it might be cool to get your opinion of some that have caught your eye or possibly even have played.  Try some out and capture/record your gameplay.  Could be funny-
Some to consider- PSO (Dreamcast/PC/GC), Maple Story, WOW, Neverwinter, Ultima Online or Evercrack

NightWolve

« Reply #2316 on: July 06, 2015, 06:54:11 PM »
Well, I like DarkKobold. I vaguely remember various drama-filled threads, but what did folks crucify him for? TAS-assisted speed runs? That's not a crime.

:)
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13371.msg265904#msg265904

No, his TAS promotion is not a crime. He was teased for it as part of our out-troll-a-troll posse that formed given his initial months here of heckling his favorite targets Necro, vestcoat and BlackTiger in defense of the honor of resellers...

That seemed to be the only thing he did around here in the beginning, basically defend the honor of resellers in the gouging thread seeking to be their "voice..." As I said, this translated to heckling/needling/trolling BT, Necro, vestcoat, etc. Then Professor -- seeing that we had a "live one" as far as wiseguy trolls (read: mostly unwanted) -- joined in on the action to run him off the forum Xray style. I joined this effort, as well as sparky, and that's the short version on how he became the most unwanted presence for a long time...

Sadly, even with all of Professor's efforts in out-trolling, such as teasing his TAS background (dickfaceTAS) and finding his public modeling photos, Darkko persisted to this day... We tried our best, but we just couldn't get rid of him with our ad hoc posse (as vesty refers to it). :P Ah well. So nowadays, he still trolls us and then just retreats to DoxPhile until he's ready to troll another day back here, heh. Thanks DoxPhile! (There you go John, free plug on my part!)

Anyway, was that really him in that photo ? I don't see a match compared to his modeling photos. I assume identifying that red NEC shirt guy as him started as a joke.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:16:15 PM by NightWolve »

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2317 on: July 06, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »
If he steps on everybodies toes repeatedly, why not just ban him?

I said no, no, no

MrBroadway

« Reply #2318 on: July 06, 2015, 08:37:19 PM »
TAS-assisted speed runs?
Oh, you're good.

Throw another vote for Mario Kart 64 here.

esteban

« Reply #2319 on: July 07, 2015, 12:09:16 AM »

Well, I like DarkKobold. I vaguely remember various drama-filled threads, but what did folks crucify him for? TAS-assisted speed runs? That's not a crime.

:)
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13371.msg265904#msg265904

No, his TAS promotion is not a crime. He was teased for it as part of our out-troll-a-troll posse that formed given his initial months here of heckling his favorite targets Necro, vestcoat and BlackTiger in defense of the honor of resellers...

That seemed to be the only thing he did around here in the beginning, basically defend the honor of resellers in the gouging thread seeking to be their "voice..." As I said, this translated to heckling/needling/trolling BT, Necro, vestcoat, etc. Then Professor -- seeing that we had a "live one" as far as wiseguy trolls (read: mostly unwanted) -- joined in on the action to run him off the forum Xray style. I joined this effort, as well as sparky, and that's the short version on how he became the most unwanted presence for a long time...

Sadly, even with all of Professor's efforts in out-trolling, such as teasing his TAS background (dickfaceTAS) and finding his public modeling photos, Darkko persisted to this day... We tried our best, but we just couldn't get rid of him with our ad hoc posse (as vesty refers to it). :P Ah well. So nowadays, he still trolls us and then just retreats to DoxPhile until he's ready to troll another day back here, heh. Thanks DoxPhile! (There you go John, free plug on my part!)

Anyway, was that really him in that photo ? I don't see a match compared to his modeling photos. I assume identifying that red NEC shirt guy as him started as a joke.

Ahh, yes, thanks for reminding me about that drama.

Also, I don't know who the person in the video is...but maybe one day...

I don't mind DarkKobold staying with us. He has run the gauntlet, several times. Plus, those photos were priceless. He deserves to stay just for the photos (not that he chose to share them, of course).

And, most importantly, DarkKobold has posted a significant amount of non-TAS content (his own writing/reviews) that I enjoyed reading.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Game Sack needs to cover the XaviX
  |    | 

TR0N

« Reply #2320 on: July 18, 2015, 08:35:48 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2321 on: July 18, 2015, 09:57:06 PM »
Those last 5 seconds were so unexpected but worth it at the same time.

Oh, and by the way, do you remember?

I said no, no, no

Gentlegamer

« Reply #2322 on: July 19, 2015, 01:05:11 AM »

NightWolve

« Reply #2323 on: July 19, 2015, 01:37:42 AM »
GameSack.

esteban

« Reply #2324 on: July 19, 2015, 05:57:43 AM »
Ouch, that Kilbane app promotion was horrible.

Great games were covered in this episode, though, so I can't be too upset.

Kilbane was truly rubbish. Rubbish.
  |    |