Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72299 times)

sirhcman

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2325 on: July 19, 2015, 07:28:43 AM »
Good video, the whole "Pat" thing was stupid though. Didn't see how it added anything to the episode

esteban

« Reply #2326 on: July 19, 2015, 07:59:45 AM »
Good video, the whole "Pat" thing was stupid though. Didn't see how it added anything to the episode

Kilbane can be funny, that's what is tragic about this.

|    | 

elmer

« Reply #2327 on: July 19, 2015, 08:14:15 AM »
Ouch, that Kilbane app promotion was horrible.

Great games were covered in this episode, though, so I can't be too upset.

Kilbane was truly rubbish. Rubbish.

Hey ... they worked it into the story ... I guess that means that we should call it a "product placement" instead of a "promo"!  :wink:

That's the new world of advertising, babe!

Hahaha ... welcome to the big-league, guys!

But ... more seriously ... I didn't mind it.

It was taking a "criticism" of their style and poking fun at themselves with it ... I thought that it was appropriately awful, and so ... actually kinda funny (once).

Perhaps I've just got a weird sense of humor.  :-k

shawnji

« Reply #2328 on: July 19, 2015, 08:22:53 AM »
Did they talk about Odin Sphere before?  I'm having trouble remembering, because I think they talked about Princess Crown, but it's been so long since I watched some of those episodes.  Odin Sphere is definitely my personal favorite from Vanillaware.  Can't go wrong with music by Hitoshi Sakimoto.

Man, I hadn't thought about Mad TV in... something like 10 years, I think.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2329 on: July 19, 2015, 08:38:44 AM »
Personally, I'm not that much into the graphics style of Dragons Crown. I try to like the drawn graphics, but at the same time the whole wobblyness and twerkiness of the character's movement give me the feel of a flash game.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2330 on: July 19, 2015, 09:39:07 AM »
The app is not real guys. LOL.

elmer

« Reply #2331 on: July 19, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »
The app is not real guys. LOL.

So hard to tell when everyone-and-his-dog are trying to cash in, and there are billions of the damned things out there  :oops:

... but, lol, that makes the joke even better!  :wink:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2332 on: July 19, 2015, 11:23:29 AM »
Basically the joke is that we're combating our cheesy humor with even cheesier/worse humor.

esteban

Game Sack
« Reply #2333 on: July 19, 2015, 01:18:45 PM »
Basically the joke is that we're combating our cheesy humor with even cheesier/worse humor.

No, I knew that, I just thought he could have been a bit more memorable in this role! He played some over-the-top characters, in the past, and I thought he could still command some "screen presence" even if he played a more subdued character (like the humor coach). Believe me, I don't want him to be too xtrme—he doesn't need to be Stan McNer. He just needed to have a few more memorable lines, I think.

IMPORTANT:
If I wasn't clear (I don't think I was, I should have said this in my initial post): this was a very creative way to incorporate another personality into the GameSack formula, and I prefer it 1 billon% more than the usual method (stitching together  separately shot scenes into a stilted conversation, or using Skype, or filming in hotel room at a convention).

I would be very happy to see more personalities incorporated into GameSack like Humor Coach, which I thought was an homage to Craig Stadler from Pebble Beach Golf Links (that episode with Stadler is still in my Top 5 episodes of GameSack, along with Sega CD episode encoded with ancient FMV codec).   

Sorry for being a hater.  :)

Please do some more episodes in the Craig Stadler vein. :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:22:58 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #2334 on: July 19, 2015, 01:30:08 PM »
I watched the whole episode, I thought the addition of that guest was alright, but he didn't bring that much more lulz than what Joe and David can do on their own I think. Heh. And he's a pro comedian ? Never heard of him... But, it is very cool to see GameSack try to grow/advance in ways like this! I'm not knocking the effort. It was trying to be fun and that's what it's all about!

Far more interesting to me however is that a "special" visit occurred in the comments section, heh, the criminal sneak/cheat bigot from inside XSEED Games, Tom-chan "The XXXSEED Henchman" Lipschultz, who likes to cheat software developers of their work hours and IP Rights, showed up under the account "WyrdWad" given the mention of Ys Origin in this new episode... Somewhat brazen I thought, but he never surprises me...

Somebody else saw my post exposing him and the company and responded with:
Quote from: BluBoulzor
"Jesus Christ I had no idea Wyrdwad Tom was Satan all along. Should have known with the way he kept on debating with RegalSin on seldane.com"

And Thomas' reply back to that was the ole "There are 2 sides to every story and one must not believe everything they read on the Internet... Loud voices get noticed, whether they speak the 'whole' truth or not." You know, the "truth" can be adjusted which is what's been HIS name of the game for years! Guy really still has no conscience whatsoever!

Screencapped it:

My other response:

I'm curious to find out what BluBoulzor was talking about at Seldane's old ALOY forum. Apparently "Wyrdwad"/Thomas got into some lengthy debate with our old buddy RegalSin (Anybody still remember HIM with the pedofiend problem ??).

Hah! Good stuff!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 01:41:40 PM by NightWolve »

sirhcman

« Reply #2335 on: July 19, 2015, 01:51:51 PM »

No, I knew that, I just thought he could have been a bit more memorable in this role! He played some over-the-top characters, in the past, and I thought he could still command some "screen presence" even if he played a more subdued character (like the humor coach). Believe me, I don't want him to be too xtrme—he doesn't need to be Stan McNer. He just needed to have a few more memorable lines, I think.

IMPORTANT:
If I wasn't clear (I don't think I was, I should have said this in my initial post): this was a very creative way to incorporate another personality into the GameSack formula, and I prefer it 1 billon% more than the usual method (stitching together  separately shot scenes into a stilted conversation, or using Skype, or filming in hotel room at a convention).

I would be very happy to see more personalities incorporated into GameSack like Humor Coach, which I thought was an homage to Craig Stadler from Pebble Beach Golf Links (that episode with Stadler is still in my Top 5 episodes of GameSack, along with Sega CD episode encoded with ancient FMV codec).   

Sorry for being a hater.  :)

I thought the joke was pretty clear as well but I just didn't feel Pat added anything to the overall humor of the episode. I have seen the guy be hilarious on MadTV but his inclusion in this episode just didn't do it for me, hopefully I am just the exception to the rule. Props for trying something different tho!

turboswimbz

« Reply #2336 on: July 19, 2015, 01:54:19 PM »
I thought it was all worth it for the line -
"It sounds like your talking out of an SNES"

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

sirhcman

« Reply #2337 on: July 19, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »

You think you can get it inside mine?  :mrgreen:

esteban

« Reply #2338 on: July 19, 2015, 02:30:05 PM »

I thought it was all worth it for the line -
"It sounds like your talking out of an SNES"

Joe is genuinely funny :)
  |    | 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2339 on: July 19, 2015, 07:59:06 PM »
At least that mustache wearing guy prevented people from complaining about whatever game should have been included in THIS episode. Did he?

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no