Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72508 times)

turboswimbz

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2370 on: August 02, 2015, 08:55:14 AM »
Shane and I are friends. He gave me a free shirt. A shirt that's too small. No paid endorsements. Just like Happy Console Gamer and others wear Game Sack shirts from time to time.

I agree Windjammers fits into this category, but we covered it very recently in our Data East episode.

Someone linked me the Amiga version of Ballistix and I could clearly hear him say "Let the Game Commence". I guess something was lost when they resampled it for the Turbo's sound chip.

Not sure why, but although not super clear, but I hear it pretty well on my copy and system, You can at least make it out enough to know he says that.  Although I wonder why they kept it if it was garggled, game woulda been fine without it. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Jibbajaba

« Reply #2371 on: August 02, 2015, 08:55:22 AM »
Shane and I are friends. He gave me a free shirt. A shirt that's too small. No paid endorsements. Just like Happy Console Gamer and others wear Game Sack shirts from time to time.

Cool, man.  Like I said, just curious.

Hey speaking of t-shirts, did you end up hooking up that "soiled panties" kid on twitter with a shirt, or what?  Hot yoga, man.  Hot yoga.

seieienbu

« Reply #2372 on: August 02, 2015, 09:14:57 AM »
I always liked Basewars on the NES.  Robots playing baseball and if they get tagged out they fight instead.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2373 on: August 02, 2015, 09:46:52 AM »
Cool to see NBA Jam T.E., I spent a lot of time with it in 2-player-mode on the SNES.
The title music was so damn good, too bad there was no BGM during matches.

Does anybody still remember the announcers' scream for the "Rookies" team?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:51:21 AM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Dicer

« Reply #2374 on: August 02, 2015, 05:14:54 PM »
No Cyberball, and no Jag mention for NBA-Jam TE (best version) The Sega hard on was throbbing in this episode...

And no Wind Jammers...UGH

esteban

« Reply #2375 on: August 02, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »
Public Notice: 
WINDJAMMERS WAS ALREADY COVERED IN A RECENT EPISODE.

Duh.
  |    | 

Bloufo

« Reply #2376 on: August 02, 2015, 07:59:23 PM »
Public Notice: 
WINDJAMMERS WAS ALREADY COVERED IN A RECENT EPISODE.

Duh.

And NBA Jam TE 32X wasn't?  :wink:

Edit:
Aah I got you now. "recent episode". Well then, no. So I guess you're right.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:01:44 PM by Bloufo »

munchiaz

« Reply #2377 on: August 03, 2015, 06:00:27 AM »
another fun episode. Mutant league football was a great game as a child. Been so long since i played it.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2378 on: August 03, 2015, 06:30:24 AM »
I was going to suggest Ballblazer, but then I realized that you guys don't own Atari systems. Good episode never the less.

captain_n77

« Reply #2379 on: August 03, 2015, 09:18:29 AM »
Very fun episode. I like something off the wall like this that includes games that wouldn't usually fit into an episode. These types of games usually don't fit into most anyone's channel/vids. This probably won't be an episode that gets a ton of view, but I hope the Sack can continue to provide a good variety of themes as time goes by. It keeps things interesting and shines the light(good and bad) on games that are a bit off the radar.

And for Pete's sake people, Game Sack episodes are NOT ALL ENCOMPASSING. Ever noticed the Left in Japan ones are up to like six episodes now? They are all unique episodes. Six episodes, not one episode version 1.6. It seems some here are just busting balls by mimicking typical internet forum whiners, but I believe some are not mimicry.
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2380 on: August 03, 2015, 12:09:03 PM »
No Cyberball, and no Jag mention for NBA-Jam TE (best version) The Sega hard on was throbbing in this episode...

UGH! OMG! What horrible people we are! Oh man I think I'm gonna roll my eyes SO HARD now! We have inconvenienced so many by not including certain games. Oh man we should just stahp the show! We've ruined lives!

Dicer

« Reply #2381 on: August 03, 2015, 12:59:01 PM »

UGH! OMG! What horrible people we are! Oh man I think I'm gonna roll my eyes SO HARD now! We have inconvenienced so many by not including certain games. Oh man we should just stahp the show! We've ruined lives!

Dern tootin...Stahp it nao!!!

Jibbajaba

« Reply #2382 on: August 08, 2015, 11:48:19 AM »
Hey Joe,

Can you please have a look at this thread and see if you can add anything:

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19453.0

Thanks.

Punch

« Reply #2383 on: August 08, 2015, 01:05:40 PM »
Joe. Joe! Joe!!! Joe!!!!!!!