Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72295 times)

Enternal

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2580 on: November 04, 2015, 11:13:31 AM »
Great episode, I'm a big fan of both Altered Beast and China Warrior. 

The Genesis version of Altered Beast is not the only home port with a two player mode.  The PC Engine Hucard version does has a two player mode.  PC Engine CD version doesn't for some reason. 

Golden Ax was reduced to one player on the Sega CD for some strange reason as well.

This always drove me nuts as I liked the cd audio. At least the SCD version of Final Fight had cd audio and two player mode.

Watching Milon's Secret Castle reminded me of a friend with intellectual disability that got the game as a present. And although the intention of the gift was nice, I always felt bad since that was one of the only games he had to play.

Can't believe Dave missed that run option on hook :)

TR0N

« Reply #2581 on: November 05, 2015, 06:35:43 PM »
This latest one is at final bosses.Mostly so they don't have to deal with copyrights.
http://www.finalbosses.com/game-music-sack-is-some-video-game-music-plagiarized/

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #2582 on: November 05, 2015, 07:07:48 PM »

This latest one is at final bosses.Mostly so they don't have to deal with copyrights.
http://www.finalbosses.com/game-music-sack-is-some-video-game-music-plagiarized/

Oh man, this was awesome.  I can't wait for the next episode of Game Music Sack.  A couple of the songs they mentioned I knew, like Iron Man in Ninja Gaiden and the Zelda theme, but most of the others I wasn't aware of. 
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NightWolve

« Reply #2583 on: November 05, 2015, 07:29:51 PM »
Purty cool that work from "Conan: The Destroyer" wound up in there by one of Hollywood's great composers, Basil Poledouris!

SamIAm

« Reply #2584 on: November 05, 2015, 09:33:24 PM »
Add this to the list of things that "inspired" Snatcher and Metal Gear:

https://youtu.be/FqEujUKoi9Q?t=131

Bear in mind, Hideo Kojima is a self-professed fan of Tangerine Dream.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:40:35 PM by SamIAm »

xelement5x

« Reply #2585 on: November 06, 2015, 03:22:30 AM »
Purty cool that work from "Conan: The Destroyer" wound up in there by one of Hollywood's great composers, Basil Poledouris!

Basil Poledouris is a criminally underrated composer in my opinion, his work on Conan was phenomenal.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

seieienbu

« Reply #2586 on: November 06, 2015, 09:13:36 AM »
Seems like this thread may have been helpful as a few songs made the video.  This was a neat video.

:D
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ccovell

« Reply #2587 on: November 07, 2015, 01:31:37 AM »
Speaking of ripped off Cyberpunk, the (great) music in Illusion City (MSX, etc, but especially noticeable in the Mega-CD version) is a rip-off of Jean Michel Jarre's Revolutions album.

https://youtu.be/8CXilJIHAbU?t=39
vs.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:33:35 AM by ccovell »

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2588 on: November 07, 2015, 04:00:57 AM »
They brought back the fart for the musical episode. Awesome. I hope we see some more eps like this one.

TR0N

« Reply #2589 on: November 07, 2015, 06:36:37 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Enternal

« Reply #2590 on: November 08, 2015, 07:13:52 AM »
Game Music Sack was very educating.

That lords of Thunder Music  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I got the Sega Cd game for Christmas one year from my girlfriend, I didn't know anything about it and I still remember the moment I started it, heard the cd spin up, and then that guitar rift.

SamIAm

« Reply #2591 on: November 08, 2015, 10:58:43 PM »
You guys need to get your Virtual Boy on. Galactic Pinball is a blast. It's probably my favorite pinball game. The sore lack of it in this episode inspired me not only to play it, but to go on to have a session of Bound High, which I enjoyed capitally. 8)

Does anyone else have a hard time watching pinball tables with scrolling? Even when it's smooth, the rapid up-down-up-down makes my eyes struggle. Galactic Pinball, like Necronomicon, has the advantage of letting you see the whole table without any scrolling.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2592 on: November 08, 2015, 11:47:39 PM »
A tate mode 512 x 240 pixel single-screen PCE pinball game would be very cool.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2593 on: November 11, 2015, 01:38:24 PM »
I am really surprised that they didn't do Devils or Alien Crush.  Two of my favorites and I thought would at least get a mention.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

jtucci31

« Reply #2594 on: November 11, 2015, 01:57:44 PM »
I am really surprised that they didn't do Devils or Alien Crush.  Two of my favorites and I thought would at least get a mention.
They mentioned them and why they didn't review them.

Did you watch the video?