Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72272 times)

toymachine78

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2625 on: November 22, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »
What was up with the color on the ninja gaiden footage? Looked pretty wacky.

I take it you've only played NES through RF?
Yep, and from the looks of that footage, that's how I'll continue to play it lol

ccovell

« Reply #2626 on: November 24, 2015, 12:57:28 AM »
Yeah, I also surmise from the video (most noticeable in Legendary Wings) that you (Joe or Dave) probably are using one of the "bad batch" NESRGBs, with 1 pixel of fringing next to black graphics.  I think there is a fix for that, if you haven't looked into it already.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2627 on: November 24, 2015, 04:19:20 AM »
I love the video capture quality of the NES.  Makes me wana modify my NES stuffs.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2628 on: November 25, 2015, 07:12:26 AM »
He's also using s-video for that capture. Still have to find the time to put the RGB jack in there. And finding time is the hardest thing to do because I have to coordinate Dave and Bill, neither of them will do it on their own. Gotta do his Turbo Duo as well.

Also I'm not sure what you're talking about with "pixel fringing". All I see is the bendy part at the top of the screen and I attribute that to S-video. If it is indeed a bad batch and will show up in RGB as well when we put it in, what is the fix?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:15:56 AM by Joe Redifer »

ccovell

« Reply #2629 on: November 25, 2015, 12:24:20 PM »
Also I'm not sure what you're talking about with "pixel fringing". All I see is the bendy part at the top of the screen and I attribute that to S-video. If it is indeed a bad batch and will show up in RGB as well when we put it in, what is the fix?

I took these shots with my NESRGB over S-Video.  You can see that in your video, transitions from black to another colour cause 1 pixel of unpredictable results -- sometimes (as on the title screen) 1 pixel stays black when it shouldn't, or it goes white before transitioning to the colour that it should be.  It's obviously a digital issue, not a result of analogue encoding or anything.

(The fix is probably here: http://etim.net.au/nesrgb/background_fault/ )

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2630 on: November 25, 2015, 03:06:38 PM »
Interesting. If it's as simple as soldering a capacitor in place I'll do it when we install the RGB jack. Might as well. In the mean time I wanna tell Dave to switch the palette.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:12:09 PM by Joe Redifer »

TR0N

« Reply #2631 on: November 28, 2015, 06:36:42 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SamIAm

« Reply #2632 on: December 01, 2015, 10:51:11 AM »
Nitrous Oxide aka N2O is a pretty cool tube shooter on the PS1 that only came out in North America and Europe. The music consisting mostly of tracks straight from The Crystal Method's Vegas album is a big plus. I think it also runs at 60fps.

TR0N

« Reply #2633 on: December 05, 2015, 06:16:50 PM »
The Future is Now SNK !

poponon

« Reply #2634 on: December 05, 2015, 08:23:04 PM »
amazing episode

toymachine78

« Reply #2635 on: December 06, 2015, 05:05:26 AM »
The most epic intro! Joe cracks me up. Im surprised the spoof at the end didn't include the neo geo X

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2636 on: December 06, 2015, 08:47:18 AM »
We already did that in the Neo Geo X episode. The Neo Geo AES ate the X.

seieienbu

« Reply #2637 on: December 06, 2015, 09:36:51 AM »
Woo, Neo Geo.  I guess now that Gamesack is showing off this hidden gem of a console the price will finally go up.  For realz though, I've always wanted a Neo Geo; twice I almost bought a Neo Geo and twice it slipped through my grasp.

The first was a Neo Geo that they had in my small town, Babbages.  It was the first store I'd ever seen that was solely devoted to video games.  The prices were generally higher than anywhere else but they'd get stuff that other stores wouldn't have.  Behind the counter on a shelf it sat:  the Neo Geo AES.  When I was a kid I used to mow lawns for cash that I'd spend on video games, comic books, etc.  I decided I wanted that AES so I saved my money up for most of a Summer and had cash in hand to buy the sole Neo Geo they had at Babbages.  I then managed to convince myself that it was just too expensive and I ended up getting a stack of games and a bunch of magic cards instead.  I got some good stuff, sure, but I always kinda wished that I'd gotten that Neo Geo instead. 

The other time I almost bought one from a local guy back in 2001 but ended up talking him out of selling it.  Anyway, I met him at a coffee shop, asked him to tell me about it, and he did.  He had won it on a video game show called Power Team or Video Power or something.  After winning a trivia contest a contestant he then got to go on a toy run.  Any game he got and stuck to his velcro suit he'd get to keep.  There was one game that if he found it he'd get a Neo Geo.  He knew how the show worked and that the game was always a Tiger handheld game so he ran and grabbed every one of those non-fun junk handheld games he could and, sure enough, was rewarded with a Neo Geo and Magician Lord.  Well, after becoming a bit nostalgic, he decided that he couldn't sell the system after all.  I should have just handed him the $250 we agreed on, taken the system, and left. 

Not getting the first one was okay; it was like $800 with tax iirc.  Missing out on the second one, however?  I've been kicking myself over that one for a decade.  Periodically I've looked at ebay prices and I think the AES is well out of buy-able range for me now due to the ridiculous prices of the games that I'd like to own.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Gentlegamer

« Reply #2638 on: December 06, 2015, 12:51:41 PM »
Very pleased Joe worked the Hot Dog ad into the intro.

TR0N

« Reply #2639 on: December 06, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »
Woo, Neo Geo.  I guess now that Gamesack is showing off this hidden gem of a console the price will finally go up.  For realz though, I've always wanted a Neo Geo; twice I almost bought a Neo Geo and twice it slipped through my grasp.

The first was a Neo Geo that they had in my small town, Babbages.  It was the first store I'd ever seen that was solely devoted to video games.  The prices were generally higher than anywhere else but they'd get stuff that other stores wouldn't have.  Behind the counter on a shelf it sat:  the Neo Geo AES.  When I was a kid I used to mow lawns for cash that I'd spend on video games, comic books, etc.  I decided I wanted that AES so I saved my money up for most of a Summer and had cash in hand to buy the sole Neo Geo they had at Babbages.  I then managed to convince myself that it was just too expensive and I ended up getting a stack of games and a bunch of magic cards instead.  I got some good stuff, sure, but I always kinda wished that I'd gotten that Neo Geo instead. 

The other time I almost bought one from a local guy back in 2001 but ended up talking him out of selling it.  Anyway, I met him at a coffee shop, asked him to tell me about it, and he did.  He had won it on a video game show called Power Team or Video Power or something.  After winning a trivia contest a contestant he then got to go on a toy run.  Any game he got and stuck to his velcro suit he'd get to keep.  There was one game that if he found it he'd get a Neo Geo.  He knew how the show worked and that the game was always a Tiger handheld game so he ran and grabbed every one of those non-fun junk handheld games he could and, sure enough, was rewarded with a Neo Geo and Magician Lord.  Well, after becoming a bit nostalgic, he decided that he couldn't sell the system after all.  I should have just handed him the $250 we agreed on, taken the system, and left. 

Not getting the first one was okay; it was like $800 with tax iirc.  Missing out on the second one, however?  I've been kicking myself over that one for a decade.  Periodically I've looked at ebay prices and I think the AES is well out of buy-able range for me now due to the ridiculous prices of the games that I'd like to own.
The way the market is now for a aes it's best just to forget it.The AES has become such a collectible that's it's for people with a disposable income.The best way to enjoy it now is either a consolized mvs,or a supergun setup with a multicart.