Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72494 times)

EvilEvoIX

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2640 on: December 07, 2015, 06:59:39 AM »
Woo, Neo Geo.  I guess now that Gamesack is showing off this hidden gem of a console the price will finally go up.  For realz though, I've always wanted a Neo Geo; twice I almost bought a Neo Geo and twice it slipped through my grasp.

The first was a Neo Geo that they had in my small town, Babbages.  It was the first store I'd ever seen that was solely devoted to video games.  The prices were generally higher than anywhere else but they'd get stuff that other stores wouldn't have.  Behind the counter on a shelf it sat:  the Neo Geo AES.  When I was a kid I used to mow lawns for cash that I'd spend on video games, comic books, etc.  I decided I wanted that AES so I saved my money up for most of a Summer and had cash in hand to buy the sole Neo Geo they had at Babbages.  I then managed to convince myself that it was just too expensive and I ended up getting a stack of games and a bunch of magic cards instead.  I got some good stuff, sure, but I always kinda wished that I'd gotten that Neo Geo instead. 

The other time I almost bought one from a local guy back in 2001 but ended up talking him out of selling it.  Anyway, I met him at a coffee shop, asked him to tell me about it, and he did.  He had won it on a video game show called Power Team or Video Power or something.  After winning a trivia contest a contestant he then got to go on a toy run.  Any game he got and stuck to his velcro suit he'd get to keep.  There was one game that if he found it he'd get a Neo Geo.  He knew how the show worked and that the game was always a Tiger handheld game so he ran and grabbed every one of those non-fun junk handheld games he could and, sure enough, was rewarded with a Neo Geo and Magician Lord.  Well, after becoming a bit nostalgic, he decided that he couldn't sell the system after all.  I should have just handed him the $250 we agreed on, taken the system, and left. 

Not getting the first one was okay; it was like $800 with tax iirc.  Missing out on the second one, however?  I've been kicking myself over that one for a decade.  Periodically I've looked at ebay prices and I think the AES is well out of buy-able range for me now due to the ridiculous prices of the games that I'd like to own.

That kid is a LEGEND, at least on www.neo-geo.com.  He came posted about winning the system and the first game his dad bought him afterwards which I believe was ninja masters which he beat the first day and returned for another game.

Video here: 
  Winning that system at that time would win any childhood experience.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

technozombie

« Reply #2641 on: December 07, 2015, 12:15:44 PM »
Just what I needed, something else to make me want a Neo-Geo I'll never be able to afford.

Edit: oh yeah great video. Loved every minute of it. Too bad I only  inherited a gamboy with tetris from my grandma.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:17:16 PM by technozombie »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2642 on: December 08, 2015, 12:37:39 AM »
Mega lower video guys.

Yeah I have a AES and two games. I then quickly ditched the idea of collecting for it and went MVS.

I have been able to pick up more then two MVS games so solid investment.

Still have a lot on my want list.

I honestly only hold onto the AES on this hope that a ever drive will be made for it. I know it won't.  But I can dream can't I?

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2643 on: December 08, 2015, 03:00:24 AM »
Woo, Neo Geo.  I guess now that Gamesack is showing off this hidden gem of a console the price will finally go up. 

Finally?

Mega lower video guys.

Yeah I have a AES and two games. I then quickly ditched the idea of collecting for it and went MVS.

I honestly only hold onto the AES on this hope that a ever drive will be made for it. I know it won't.  But I can dream can't I?

Get an MVS to AES converter like this one here...   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-MVS-to-AES-Magic-Key-Convertor-V2-released-Dec-2015-2016-next-year-/331723501086?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

161-in-1 NeoGeo Multigame Cartridge.  It's somewhat of an investment but that converter has UNIBIOS built in and plays pretty much every game.  This will get you 90% of what you need in one shot.

I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2644 on: December 08, 2015, 03:47:27 AM »
That's like paying more than the price of a PS4 for a big bulky attachment that sits on top of a Playstation 1, so that it no longer looks like a Playstation playing a CD game, just to play PS4 games "on" your Playstation 1.

Except that the Playstation 1 you choose also costs as much as a PS4.

Why not just buy and play a PS4?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:49:50 AM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2645 on: December 08, 2015, 04:27:59 AM »
That's like paying more than the price of a PS4 for a big bulky attachment that sits on top of a Playstation 1, so that it no longer looks like a Playstation playing a CD game, just to play PS4 games "on" your Playstation 1.

Except that the Playstation 1 you choose also costs as much as a PS4.

Why not just buy and play a PS4?

I see your point financially however these aren't PS1 games, that are Neo Geo games and they occupy a very classic and specific Niche all of it's own and nothing at all is like it  During it's reign it had other consoles that constantly tired to emulate it's games and it wasn't until the Sega Dreamcast where near perfect ports could be made.  These are arcade games and were rare and collectible and very fun two player action. If you want a ton of Neo Geo games played on Neo Geo Hardware the route I just posted is the cheapest possible way Via AES.  A consolized 1-Slot may be better,  A Neo Geo CD and a CD Burner could be cheaper still with obvious trade-offs, or just download tehzz Romzz11!11 and play on your lap top. Most of us enjoy the sense of occasion with real hardware and having a Neo Geo in teh flesh is very cool IMHO.

Found a like on the Neo Store for a much cheaper not eBay overpriced converter here.....

http://www.neostore.com/MVS-MagicKey-MVS-to-AES-Neo-Geo-converter-p/1381.htm

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 04:30:14 AM by EvilEvoIX »

crazydean

« Reply #2646 on: December 08, 2015, 05:15:56 AM »
These are arcade games and were rare and collectible and very fun two player action.

Ha! Joke's on you! I don't have anyone to play two-player games with.

Also, that video is awesome, but I am so glad to be out of the 90's. Way too much 'tude.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:17:31 AM by crazydean »
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2647 on: December 08, 2015, 05:26:57 AM »
That last episode convinced my girlfriend never to buy a Neo Geo. The only game that got her attention was Metal Slug.

And I'm not even mad at her, since she asked when we'll be playing Salamander on the Turbo Duo again.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2648 on: December 08, 2015, 05:44:05 AM »
I see your point.... [foolish bullshit about the awesomeness of teh mighty neogeo]

You obviously don't.  His point was that you're advocating paying as much as the cost of a cmvs to gain the functionality of a cmvs on an equally costly aes when any intelligent person would just buy a cmvs.

PS - Please make you sig even bigger and more ghey..... never mind, you already have.

U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2649 on: December 08, 2015, 11:11:48 AM »

You obviously don't.  I just can't get off your dick for even a second and just need to argue with you.  You post left I have to argue right no matter the circumstances.

Yeah I get that, I mean that's your thing and please have at it I guess.   Just don't expect me or other posters to take you seriously.  I believe it's called being "contrarian" and many children do it get attention.   If you bothered to read my or any other posts in this thread before tossing in yet another hissy you would see that the person I was replying to posted this :

Mega lower video guys.

So he already has the hardware and I simply posted links to devices to make it a consolized MVS or waiting for the hopes of an Everdrive.  He could also still pick up AES games like I do and still play them so all options are on the table.  There is no AES to MVS converter.  What I posted could only have aggravated you.  The only thing you have done is redefine the word "Cunt".  Congratulations
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:14:09 AM by EvilEvoIX »

technozombie

« Reply #2650 on: December 08, 2015, 07:04:55 PM »
So now that Joe and Dave have massage my loins and got me in the mood for some Neo-Geo this comes along.

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20233.0

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2651 on: December 09, 2015, 02:51:12 AM »
You obviously don't.  I just can't get off your dick for even a second and just need to argue with you.  You post left I have to argue right no matter the circumstances.

Yeah I get that, I mean that's your thing and please have at it I guess.   Just don't expect me or other posters to take you seriously.  I believe it's called being "contrarian" and many children do it get attention.   

Give up the persecution shtick.  A tangent about the awesomeness of neogeo games was a tangent no matter who posted it, and a giant annoying sig is a giant annoying sig regardless of who uses it.

I still don't get how it's a smart move to buy a converter for more monies than a CMVS, but whatever.  I guess it's good to have options.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2652 on: December 09, 2015, 03:41:29 AM »
  I guess it's good to have options.

Perfect post.  100% correct.  Thank you

Enternal

« Reply #2653 on: December 09, 2015, 09:56:30 PM »
Loved the double sized Neo Geo vid.

I have a suggestion topic for the future.

Same Name, Better Game

Feature games where the ports are generally considered better than the original.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2654 on: December 10, 2015, 01:38:12 AM »
  I guess it's good to have options.

Perfect post.  100% correct.  Thank you

I'll just say this since in all honestly you where trying to be both informative and helpful providing an alternative solution to my AES   

Thanks you for the suggestions to use a multi cart and converter.

These are thing I was aware of previously and have been Tempted to get. A multi cart. But the converter. Gee the only benefit for me would be to use my memory card to save high scores and what not unless the unibios in my CMVS does that. (Honestly haven't used my CMVS since moving to my house as my game room is in disarray.

With that said thank you for being helpful and positive in your original post.