Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72723 times)

Gentlegamer

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2745 on: January 10, 2016, 02:39:15 PM »
Wrestling games, another genre that demands 2 player head to head action.

Joe even says for one of the games it would be more fun learning the moves against a friend.

Most of these games were suggested by the audience, they already know the bullet points about them, try offering something more interesting than a mere 'book report.'

Here's an example from your favorite youtube guys, Pat and Ian:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2746 on: January 10, 2016, 03:01:42 PM »
Gentlegamer I'm not sure why you're always so pissy towards me on any given forum, but it's definitely something consistent that I've noticed. Do you have something you wanna say? Just get it out right here and now.

TDIRunner

« Reply #2747 on: January 10, 2016, 03:31:19 PM »
I have to admit that I was a little disappointed when I saw the title of this weeks video since wrestling games have never interested me.  However, as usual, Game Sack found a way to make it interesting.  I still enjoyed the video even though I probably wont' be trying any of the games they presented.  Great video.  Looking forward to next week.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

esteban

« Reply #2748 on: January 10, 2016, 04:38:33 PM »

Gentlegamer I'm not sure why you're always so pissy towards me on any given forum, but it's definitely something consistent that I've noticed. Do you have something you wanna say? Just get it out right here and now.

Let me be the first to say: whatever happens, please hug afterwards. :)
  |    | 

Jibbajaba

« Reply #2749 on: January 10, 2016, 05:21:52 PM »
Already left a comment on the video, but I'll reiterate here.  I don't even like wresting and I thought this was a cool episode.  They covered a Fire Pro game, Saturday Night Slam Masters, Pro Wrestling on the NES, and some licensed games.  There are of course other games that they could cover in a follow-up, like 3 Count Bout or arcade games like WWF Superstars, but I thought that this was a good selection of games, especially for a genre that Joe didn't even really want to cover.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm trying to lick Joe's taint or anything, but I get really annoyed at all of the nit-picky comments that people leave on their videos.  Maybe I'm just getting more sensitive to it because my channel has gotten big enough that I'm starting to get them myself, but it seems like there is a small but vocal contingent of people who dislike Game Sack but make it their mission to watch every episode just so that they can talk shit.  If you don't like the show, just unsubscribe and stop watching it.  Or better yet, start your own channel and show us all how it's done.

Punch

« Reply #2750 on: January 10, 2016, 05:23:40 PM »

Hah.

TR0N

« Reply #2751 on: January 10, 2016, 08:32:19 PM »

Maybe they need to settle it in the ring  :roll: :wink:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

geise

« Reply #2752 on: January 11, 2016, 05:52:19 AM »
Kaillera wrestling match time!  Live on youtube!  Wait it wouldn't be live.  Regardless it'd be fun to watch.  Wrestling is kinda like hugging so they would also be pleasing esteban.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2753 on: January 11, 2016, 06:13:31 AM »
Not a favorite video of mine. But it is very hard for me to have interest in something I do not activity enjoy.

With that said the production was always very well and I found at lest one game I am interested to play despite my disinterest in sports games.  Wreaking games being top shelf lack of interest for me.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2754 on: January 11, 2016, 07:16:24 AM »
I'm actually kinda surprised this didn't make the list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_WrestleMania_%28video_game%29
Though I'm not much of a wrestling fan, this one sticks out as I remember renting this as a kid and very catchy music. Not to mention it features Andre the Giant..

johnnykonami

« Reply #2755 on: January 11, 2016, 09:35:57 AM »
I didn't watch this yet, and I'm not a wrestling fan per say, but I'm not one of football, baseball or many other sports and I've enjoyed the odd video game about them.  So I'm not sure if it was included, but I always kinda enjoyed Mat Mania by Taito back in the day.  Also Monster Pro wrestling on the PCE kinda intrigues me.  Making wrestling an intergalactic battle between different species of aliens is pretty cool.  Honestly if you put an outer space or future theme on any sport I usually like it better.  Case in point, Base Wars!

NightWolve

« Reply #2756 on: January 11, 2016, 04:59:38 PM »
That Pro Wrestling game was a guilty pleasure of mine back in the NES days. Logged many many hours on it. Had a certain charm to it. Dunno why though, but no other wrestling games ever interested me after that, never ran into one that was as fun/enjoyable. The genre just wasn't on my radar much I guess, also a factor. But yeah, I really liked that NES game BITD.

TR0N

« Reply #2757 on: January 11, 2016, 06:49:40 PM »
That Pro Wrestling game was a guilty pleasure of mine back in the NES days. Logged many many hours on it. Had a certain charm to it. Dunno why though, but no other wrestling games ever interested me after that, never ran into one that was as fun/enjoyable. The genre just wasn't on my radar much I guess, also a factor. But yeah, I really liked that NES game BITD.
This and tecmo world wrestling for me as well beside WWE The arcade game,Saturday Night Slammasters.There's been a few times i wanted to try the fire pro wrestling series but i never did.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2758 on: January 11, 2016, 08:47:46 PM »
If we do another wrestling episode, at least now I can stay away from the mega-popular ones that I struggle to maintain interest in and instead cover something like Ringside Angel which I played after the episode was completed. It was actually kind of interesting. Not an amazing game by any means, but something I'd find more interesting to talk about. We're in no hurry to do that and I totally understand this not being a favorite episode of some people. It's not one of my favorites, either. But at least it's better than that Call of Duty episode we once did. Dave wanted to nab some of the modern gaming market and he chose a couple of FPS games to do it. I think it might still be our least viewed episode despite me cramming some retro stuff in there. I think we can nab an audience who ALSO enjoys some modern games as well as retro stuff by just talking about interesting games no matter the generation. Just because it isn't retro doesn't mean it isn't good. In fact I just got the Target Earth remake on the PS4 and it's pretty fun!

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2759 on: January 11, 2016, 11:03:05 PM »
I think you and Dave did pretty well with your wrestling episode. It's refreshing to get the point of view from somebody who is kind of new to the genre.

If you've got any if the Rumble Roses titles, you could try showing it in the next one.

Tits.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:05:35 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no