Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72198 times)

Bloufo

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2790 on: January 26, 2016, 05:42:25 PM »
Just saw the post on their facebook page.

Hope your hiatus isn't of the eternal variety. :p

But yeah when you do come back, bi-weekly would seem the way to go.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2791 on: January 26, 2016, 06:21:21 PM »
Weekly was awesome, but as I said somewhere in this thread before, bi-weekly is totally fine for me. Or monthly. Quality > Quantity. You do all this stuff voluntarily and thus sacrificing free time. I have the nothing but a lot of respect for your hard work. I'm sure the majority of your viewers do, too. But it's usually the hateful commentary that gets posted in the end, which is a shame.

However, the most important thing is that you and Dave are doing well.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:31:05 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2792 on: January 26, 2016, 11:57:09 PM »
Dave and Joe decided to take a break from the release grind so they can party hard with Blue and Xel...lots of Colorado obey debauchery going to take place! Dave's vlog about beer is a tip off.

PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

seieienbu

« Reply #2793 on: January 27, 2016, 08:24:10 AM »
Weekly was nice but if you can't keep it up don't stress it.  I much prefer things that I want to watch because they're good to things that I can watch a lot of because no effort went into it.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

xelement5x

« Reply #2794 on: January 27, 2016, 08:58:21 AM »
Dave and Joe decided to take a break from the release grind so they can party hard with Blue and Xel...lots of Colorado obey debauchery going to take place! Dave's vlog about beer is a tip off.

Marijuana is even "legal" here, lol.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

captain_n77

« Reply #2795 on: January 30, 2016, 11:06:07 PM »
I saw there wasn't a new Sack episode up tonight and immediately came to this thread for answers! It took some time but I finally found the facebook post that was mentioned(when did FB get so stupid and not have activity in sequential order? Must admit I hardly use FB any more). Well of course I'm sad I won't be getting any weekly Sack, but it's most definitely a well-deserved break. I've often wondered how Joe keeps cranking these episodes out weekly, even with Dave doing his own capture footage these days.

I have also noticed Joe seems to take things pretty personally. You know what? I probably would too if I were in his shoes. My channel is TINY but even I get the occasional troll. I can imagine a big channel like Sack must get them by the truckload. Joe, if you read this, I just want to say thanks for all the good times you and your crew have given us. It's an awesome experience to watch Gamesack and the vast majority of us will still be around whenever you guys make your return. Heck, I'll even bet money you guys will have lots more subscribers when you return. Looking forward to more Sack and the opportunity to go back and re-watch some older episodes(like the Ys episode for the 10th time).
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2796 on: January 31, 2016, 03:18:12 AM »
I say passion projects need a break every now and again or you burn out.

NightWolve

« Reply #2797 on: January 31, 2016, 03:52:09 AM »
I say passion projects need a break every now and again or you burn out.

Yes!

technozombie

« Reply #2798 on: January 31, 2016, 05:14:04 AM »
Whenever your hobby becomes a chore it isn't fun anymore, and its time to step back and take a break. Joe, I think you should edit  some of your old clips together and make some compilations  For example, you often say we aren't covering X game because we already did. So you might end up with a video that has every RPG you have ever covered in one. It's something I'd like to see and it would be less work and still get a few ad dollars.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2799 on: January 31, 2016, 05:17:34 AM »
Whenever your hobby becomes a chore it isn't fun anymore, and its time to step back and take a break. Joe, I think you should edit  some of your old clips together and make some compilations  For example, you often say we aren't covering X game because we already did. So you might end up with a video that has every RPG you have ever covered in one. It's something I'd like to see and it would be less work and still get a few ad dollars.

Plus you might be able to fix old audio or video issues and add different captured footage. Your editing has most likely improved over time and I bet some of your older videos (although I love them) to you as a content creator might make you crying and think man if only I could have changed this or added that.

That's right. Get all Georg Lucus on us!

Just please no Jar Jar.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2800 on: January 31, 2016, 07:03:17 PM »

I didn't see the post but I think this is a good thing.

Way too many people on youtube wind up watering down their channels by releasing too many videos and the quality suffers trying to get out content on too regular of a basis. Quality over quantity is the way to go for sure.
--DragonmasterDan

Bloufo

« Reply #2801 on: January 31, 2016, 08:37:20 PM »

I didn't see the post....

FYI,

Game Sack is going on hiatus. We do have another episode coming up in two weeks but then after that we don't know when the next one will be. And no, there's no internal struggle or anything like that going on. Everyone is getting along fine and dandy and there's no conflicts. However come April the show will be 5 years old. We've been doing this pretty much nonstop regularly since April of 2011. No breaks. Even when there were obligations in real life we kept going through with Game Sack. TV shows get seasons and nobody minds. You take breaks on Youtube and people lose interest, subscribers diminish and people become angry. Don't get us wrong, we love making the show for everyone and it is constantly on our minds. The show has also been dying. It's been rapidly declining in views and I think people are perhaps getting a little too much "Sack". We think the best thing to do when we come back might be to go bi-weekly again.

We let our Patreon supporters know first about this yesterday since they actually fund part of the show. That way they could also decide if they want to change or delete their pledges.

Also we wanted to let you know that we won't be attending any conventions in 2016. This was a decision we made during the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in 2015. While we love meeting you all, it's just really hard for us to go on these trips because it's stressful and it interferes with the production of the show.

Enternal

« Reply #2802 on: February 02, 2016, 06:07:39 AM »
When they get back to making videos I think they should consider something like every 10 days. Other youtubers have said every week or is hard so why not try 10 days. Or even smaller 10 minute videos. Of all the reviewers out there. Game Sack is one of the better review shows out there. I'm sure a good middle ground can be found that doesn't overwhelm them but let's them release at a good pace to keep a good viewer base. BTW anyone know what they might be pulling in per month on ad revenue. Game Sack is the only show that I let the ads play all the way through.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:25:44 AM by Enternal »

Gredler

« Reply #2803 on: February 02, 2016, 01:18:17 PM »
Good for them, I am glad to hear they are getting a well deserved rest. They've been consistently pumping out bad ass content for 5 years? They deserve one hell of a vacation. Rock on guys, enjoy the break.

sirhcman

« Reply #2804 on: February 03, 2016, 01:07:32 PM »
Can't wait until the new episode this weekend!