Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72186 times)

TDIRunner

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2865 on: May 02, 2016, 03:46:04 PM »
I forgot to mention this earlier, but you even got AVGN's tattoo on your arm.  That's the type of attention to detail that I expect from Game Sack.  :P
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jibbajaba

« Reply #2866 on: May 02, 2016, 04:35:37 PM »
This episode was freaking awesome.  I've never watched an episode of AVGN so I can't comment on that one, but your impression of Mark from CGR was great, as was Metal Jesus.  I only wish you had done AlphaOmegaSin, but I guess that's going for the low-hanging fruit.

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #2867 on: May 02, 2016, 05:59:07 PM »
This episode was freaking awesome.  I've never watched an episode of AVGN so I can't comment on that one, but your impression of Mark from CGR was great, as was Metal Jesus.  I only wish you had done AlphaOmegaSin, but I guess that's going for the low-hanging fruit.
How have you resisted watching AVGN all these years after all the coverage, hype, etc?

Jibbajaba

« Reply #2868 on: May 02, 2016, 06:13:10 PM »
How have you resisted watching AVGN all these years after all the coverage, hype, etc?

Well, first of all I am not a big consumer of YT gaming content.  Most of my YouTube watching consists of loading up mixtape videos to listen to at work, and motor racing videos (watching the GP of Long Beach right now, in fact.)  Second, the first time I saw a screenshot of AVGN making his trademark mad face I knew I that I would hate the show, so I've never watched it.  You'd be surprised at how many "famous" gaming YouTube channels I've either never watched, or have only watched a couple of times. 

I also really dislike channels where the content creator is ostensibly selling some kind of character instead of just being themselves.  I want to at least believe that the person is just being themselves.  That's why I like Game Sack.  For all I know Joe and Dave are gigantic a$$holes in real life, but I don't care because on-screen they are a couple of likable, relatable average Joes (no pun intended).  So any channel where the person is fake-angry [Irate Gamer, Angry Joe, AVGN (all of whom I've never watched)] or over the top "wacky" (PewDiePie - again never watched) is just not something I care to watch.  The occasional LGR or Game Sack is more than enough YT gaming content for me.  I used to watch Metal Jesus (kind of a colorful character but I totally believe that what you see is him just being himself), but once YT turned into his full-time job he just started making the kinds of videos that would get maximum clicks and I lost interest.  More power to him, but it's not for me anymore.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2869 on: May 03, 2016, 02:24:29 AM »
...you even got AVGN's tattoo on your arm.  That's the type of attention to detail that I expect from Game Sack.  :P
There where a few "Easter eggs"...like the AES with the Super Gameboy<?> in the cart slot. Makes re-watching it more fun to pick up the hidden funny bits.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #2870 on: May 03, 2016, 02:44:57 AM »

Well, first of all I am not a big consumer of YT gaming content.  Most of my YouTube watching consists of loading up mixtape videos to listen to at work, and motor racing videos (watching the GP of Long Beach right now, in fact.)  Second, the first time I saw a screenshot of AVGN making his trademark mad face I knew I that I would hate the show, so I've never watched it.  You'd be surprised at how many "famous" gaming YouTube channels I've either never watched, or have only watched a couple of times. 

I also really dislike channels where the content creator is ostensibly selling some kind of character instead of just being themselves.  I want to at least believe that the person is just being themselves.  That's why I like Game Sack.  For all I know Joe and Dave are gigantic a$$holes in real life, but I don't care because on-screen they are a couple of likable, relatable average Joes (no pun intended).  So any channel where the person is fake-angry [Irate Gamer, Angry Joe, AVGN (all of whom I've never watched)] or over the top "wacky" (PewDiePie - again never watched) is just not something I care to watch.  The occasional LGR or Game Sack is more than enough YT gaming content for me.  I used to watch Metal Jesus (kind of a colorful character but I totally believe that what you see is him just being himself), but once YT turned into his full-time job he just started making the kinds of videos that would get maximum clicks and I lost interest.  More power to him, but it's not for me anymore.
Well I guess it's all about what you are after. There are informative gaming shows like Game Sack, and entertainment shows like AVGN. The character bit makes sense for an entertainment show, as watching some goof ball just sit and talk about games isn't very entertaining for the most part. I'm looking at you Metal Jesus. 

That is what makes games sack stand out. Very polished production, very informative, and enough humor to be entertaining.

I will say though, AVGN was the first gaming show I ever watched. First YT show period for that matter. I always assumed YT was just a bunch cellphone shot bullshit people uploaded. Once I found AVGN, I started looking for more and found game sack.

AVGN is also single handedly responsible for motivating me to dig out my old consoles and games. I owned a lot of the games he covered early on, and had a lot of the same gripes, which made the show even funnier. It made me want to play them again. This is probably true for a lot of folks who have returned to retro gaming.

TDIRunner

« Reply #2871 on: May 03, 2016, 05:17:37 AM »

I understand where you are coming from and I'm pretty much the same way with the exception of AVGN.  I think I can put up with the character just because I've been watching it for so long. I started watching him long before I watched any other video game related channel.  However, I feel the Nerd has sort of run its course, and I find that I prefer the stuff that James does out of character.  I would have absolutely no problem if he retired the character and started doing reviews as himself.  I also wouldn't mind hearing his opinions on some "good" games.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Black Tiger

« Reply #2872 on: May 03, 2016, 07:07:54 AM »
Jibba pretty much summed up how I feel.

Videos are also the last resort if I'm looking for actual information.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

NightWolve

« Reply #2873 on: May 03, 2016, 08:00:22 AM »
I only wish you had done AlphaOmegaSin, but I guess that's going for the low-hanging fruit.

Ah yeah, forgot about him, that would've been great to see!

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #2874 on: May 03, 2016, 08:13:11 AM »
One thing that was left out of the Game Sack spoof at the end was Patreon plugging and pandering. I hate that shit. Watch my show, give me money!

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2875 on: May 03, 2016, 08:47:15 AM »
Great episode. I haven't watched many other youtube gaming channels other than Gamesack, The Gaming Historian (needs to get off the Nintendo fanboy bandwagon seriously) and Jibba's channel. Really be cool to see a part 2 though!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2876 on: May 03, 2016, 08:49:16 AM »
There is a Patreon easter egg of sorts if you find the actual Exasperated Gamer channel. Just click open his description!

TR0N

« Reply #2877 on: May 14, 2016, 08:27:16 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2878 on: May 15, 2016, 08:02:36 AM »
As always another good show.  I really want that McDonald's Treasure Land Game.  M.C. KIDS looks good too.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 01:24:36 PM by EvilEvoIX »

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #2879 on: May 15, 2016, 11:12:53 AM »
The pepsin an game reminds me of those hundreds upon hundreds of endless run IOS games you find on people's phones