Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 73077 times)

EvilEvoIX

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2895 on: May 30, 2016, 07:38:06 AM »
Master System Games look really good Via RGB.  Excellent colors.  That system is decidedly better than the NES.  Shame it was black listed by Nintendo.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

seieienbu

« Reply #2896 on: May 30, 2016, 09:43:53 PM »
...why am I watching Gamesack after 3 in the morning?  ::sigh::

Another nice episode.  In case you guys do another one on copycats, I thought Square's World Runner and Rad Racer reminded me of toned down versions of Space Harrier and Out Run.

Oh, and as a kid I thought Adventure Island was a total rip off of Wonderboy, but, well, time makes fools of us all, I guess?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2897 on: May 31, 2016, 03:00:00 AM »
...why am I watching Gamesack after 3 in the morning?  ::sigh::

Another nice episode.  In case you guys do another one on copycats, I thought Square's World Runner and Rad Racer reminded me of toned down versions of Space Harrier and Out Run.

Oh, and as a kid I thought Adventure Island was a total rip off of Wonderboy, but, well, time makes fools of us all, I guess?

Never would have thought of that with Rad Racer and World Runner. Makes sense now. Come to think of it, the original Legend of Zelda kind of ripped off Hylide (other than the god awful music) too? Might be a bit far fetched to put up Deadly Towers as a Zelda clone as well?

lekrang

« Reply #2898 on: May 31, 2016, 10:02:08 AM »
I discovered gamesack a few months back when I was researching on tg16 and neogeo.
I have since watched literally every single videos they have made.

It has became one of my favorite youtube channels.
Keep up the good work GameSack!

Black Tiger

« Reply #2899 on: June 01, 2016, 06:47:26 AM »
Zelda isn't a very original game and is generally considered either a Hydlide clone or the game Hydlide is ripping off, depending on the type of game enthusiast you are. They didn't copy the music from Hydlide because they stole it from a band (Deep Purple?). It's too bad that Golvelius was lumped in as a Zelda clone when it really isn't.

Smash Bros is just a side view-only Power Stone clone/battle royale game. If the idea was that a game featuring characters from a publisher's games is a genre of its own, they've been around since the Famicom days (Wai Wai World). Even Telenet has Nariagari Trendy on PC Engine and Saturn Bomberman has a large roster. But even if Snash Bros isn't very original either, just as Neutopia is a true Zelda clone, that Sony Smash Bros clone was totally trying to ape Smash Bros.

This seems like it was intended as a quick and easy video compared to what they seem to usually do, but an interesting topic would be showing the many games which do things famous games do while pre-dating them. It doesn't matter if Zelda was purposely copying other games or not, but it would be informative for casual game video watchers to learn about games like Adventure, Venture, AD&D Cloudy Mountain, etc which came earlier.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Punch

« Reply #2900 on: June 03, 2016, 03:45:31 PM »
All RPGs are clones of Ultima, all stealth games are clones of Castle Wolfenstein, all sports games are clones of Pong, all first person shooters are clones of Faceball, all 3D games are clones of Battlezone.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2901 on: June 03, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »
All humans are clones of Adam.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

esteban

« Reply #2902 on: June 04, 2016, 04:25:06 AM »
All humans are clones of Adam.

Coleco Adam.
  |    | 

TR0N

« Reply #2903 on: June 11, 2016, 07:37:30 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MNKyDeth

« Reply #2904 on: June 11, 2016, 08:07:37 PM »
Great Episode, I am curious if they were limiting themselves to 8 and 16 bit consoles though?

I mean, most of the games that were cd based in this generation had incredible music I thought. But when you go from some poor 8bit Nes stuff (granted some is good) to a full featured redbook cd-audio it's really hard to go back.

But then I just end right back at Y's 1&2 because this is one of the first games on CD I ever heard and I was immediately blown away until I heard Gate of Thunder that also came with my TurboDuo. I really couldn't get enough of either one of them at the time.

Gypsy

« Reply #2905 on: June 12, 2016, 12:35:50 AM »
Great Episode, I am curious if they were limiting themselves to 8 and 16 bit consoles though?

My assumption is that since this is part 1, there will be more videos covering later consoles/game eras.

crazydean

« Reply #2906 on: June 12, 2016, 01:56:17 AM »
Dave doesn't know what he's talking about. I thought Joe's Mega Man song was great!
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2907 on: June 12, 2016, 05:15:47 AM »
Awesome episode as usual gents, can't wait for the next one. Lagrange Point should be mentioned as I'm a sucker for weird music. :)

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2908 on: June 12, 2016, 07:42:09 AM »
Good to see some other games mentioned instead of going for the usual games known for great music!

Gauntlet sounds indeed awesome. The Genesis sure has some pleasant surprises in its musical department.

If you happen to own some computer games where you think they've got impressive soundtracks, I wouldn't mind if you incorporate them into a follow-up video. The era from the late DOS to early Windows games has some catchy non-CD based music, be it MIDI (Leisure Suit Larry 6) or MOD/tracker (e.g. Unreal Tournament) stuff.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:46:05 AM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Joe Redifer

« Reply #2909 on: June 12, 2016, 09:18:20 PM »
But when you go from some poor 8bit Nes stuff (granted some is good) to a full featured redbook cd-audio it's really hard to go back.

That's absurd. Why limit yourself? I like music regardless of if real instruments create it or chiptunes create it. Good music is good music. And I like a lot of music (except country and probably current mainstream pop).