Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72166 times)

ccovell

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #2985 on: July 11, 2016, 01:22:54 PM »
Well, the 2nd game, "Diddy's Kong Quest" has a similarly suggestive ring to it, when you think about who his sidekick is...

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2986 on: July 11, 2016, 08:22:29 PM »
From what I know from old Club Nintendo magazines, Diddy's Kong Quest was originally meant to be named either Diddy Kong's Quest or Diddy's Conquest. They even provided beta screenshots of the title screen.

By the way, Joe and Dave, you're pretty good at making a 40 minute show entertaining for the whole runtime. Who else can do that? I don't know! If I watch a lengthy EEVBlog video, I usually doze off after 20 minutes, just as I do when playing Animal Crossing for more than 1 hour.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2987 on: July 12, 2016, 04:54:41 AM »
Obviously Joe and Dave are practicing for a new updated Obey special. No one cares if they screw up with Nintendo trash.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

esteban

« Reply #2988 on: July 12, 2016, 06:12:35 AM »
Obviously Joe and Dave are practicing for a new updated Obey special. No one cares if they screw up with Nintendo trash.

EXACTLY!!

:)
  |    | 

TR0N

« Reply #2989 on: July 23, 2016, 07:21:23 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

sirhcman

« Reply #2990 on: July 24, 2016, 03:20:47 AM »
Battletoads "overrated"?! BLASPHEMY!!! UNSUBBED!

Desh

« Reply #2991 on: July 24, 2016, 06:01:38 AM »
Another awesome video Joe, this is my favorite topic you guys talk about.  I can't believe someone actually talked about World Driver Championship on N64.  It is the definitive racing game on the console in my opinion.  Dave may have had a hard time with the controls but most fans of sim racers will feel right at home.  The point of the crappy handling characteristics on the early cars is the fact that they are indeed crappier cars.  The cars you earn do start handling better but, they also go faster so your braking points on most tracks are still largely similar.  While it doesn't have near the depth of Gran Turismo 1 or 2, it is still one of my favorites of the day.  Thank you for mentioning it! 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2992 on: July 24, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »
Great episode as always. Placing WDC after F-Zero is a bit funny, since it makes the game look daaaaamn slow in comparison. Still, I appreciate the effort in picking out an N64 game for this episode, especially since it is one that might have gone under the radar due to being released late in the console's lifespan.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

TR0N

« Reply #2993 on: August 02, 2016, 01:36:26 PM »
Lately there lp for final bosses are being put on there yt channel.

TR0N

« Reply #2994 on: August 06, 2016, 07:11:40 PM »

munchiaz

« Reply #2995 on: August 08, 2016, 05:49:33 AM »

Awesome episode. When i was a child I really didn't get anything a launch day, but either a few months, later. I think the first console i got on my own at launch was the Wii. Camped out at target for about 10 hours to get it.

TR0N

« Reply #2996 on: August 08, 2016, 12:36:22 PM »

Awesome episode. When i was a child I really didn't get anything a launch day, but either a few months, later. I think the first console i got on my own at launch was the Wii. Camped out at target for about 10 hours to get it.

The only console i ever bought at launch was the dreamcast.With the modern ones i find it better to just wait a year or so instead.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2997 on: August 09, 2016, 01:02:48 AM »
Even with all of Joe's editing magic and skill, he can't make 5th gen poly's look good nowdays...ouch.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Gypsy

« Reply #2998 on: August 09, 2016, 01:42:51 AM »
Of all the consoles I got close to launch...I got...a......*drumroll*.....Vita....

Typically I'm a cheapass too so I don't know what came over me at the time. In comparison I waited around 3 years each for 360 and PS3. Got used bundles on both and the consoles didn't end up costing much at all. Still don't have an XBone or PS4.

TDIRunner

« Reply #2999 on: August 09, 2016, 08:22:16 AM »
Even with all of Joe's editing magic and skill, he can't make 5th gen poly's look good nowdays...ouch.

5th gen graphics have certainly aged worse than just about any generation since gen 2. 

Great gameplay is the only thing that saves games from that era. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."