Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72435 times)

TDIRunner

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #3075 on: November 15, 2016, 03:35:55 AM »
Great video as usual, although I felt this would have been a great opportunity to talk about Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.  I know that you've talked about SOTC in a previous episode, but it was minimal enough to warrant another episode, and as far as I know, you've never talked about Ico.  I would love to hear your thoughts on that game some day. 

Also, I never bothered with Project Gotham Racing, but this video makes me want to give it a try.

Maybe they want tot ask about the games as a trilogy?  Seeing how the last guardian is finally beignets released.

I could see that. 

And I wouldn't mind waiting either.  I would just love to see these games get some Game Sack screen time. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Bloufo

« Reply #3076 on: November 15, 2016, 03:44:58 AM »
Great video as usual, although I felt this would have been a great opportunity to talk about Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.  I know that you've talked about SOTC in a previous episode, but it was minimal enough to warrant another episode, and as far as I know, you've never talked about Ico.  I would love to hear your thoughts on that game some day. 

For some reason that game (Shadow of the Colossus) never quite clicked with me. Maybe time I revisit it.  :-k

I loved Ico, though. Right up there, for me, with the best games I've played on the PS2.
I know some folks hated the dragging/pulling mechanic between the characters. I didn't mind it at all.

Speaking of,

Found my game save.

Can't believe it's been that long since I last played it. Going to remedy that, pronto! :p

TDIRunner

« Reply #3077 on: November 15, 2016, 03:50:25 AM »

For some reason that game (Shadow of the Colossus) never quite clicked with me. Maybe time I revisit it.  :-k

I loved Ico, though. Right up there, for me, with the best games I've played on the PS2.
I know some folks hated the dragging/pulling mechanic between the characters. I didn't mind it at all.

Speaking of,

Found my game save.

Can't believe it's been that long since I last played it. Going to remedy that, pronto! :p

While SOTC is easily in my top 10 games of all time, I still think Ico is the better game.  I've had a goal lately of trying to platinum trophy both games on the PS3.  Sadly, I don't think I'll ever finish the hard time trial mode on SOTC.  I can finish the game on hard no problem,  but not with the time limits.  I'm about to go back to Ico.  Only missing a few trophies there. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

TR0N

« Reply #3078 on: November 26, 2016, 06:18:50 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3079 on: November 26, 2016, 11:12:26 PM »
So many PS2/Xbox era hack n' slashes remastered in HD.  I just can't get into many of them outside of ICO/SoC.  Updating the framerates and resolution and boom!  Instant cash grab.

Meh.

TDIRunner

« Reply #3080 on: November 27, 2016, 01:46:07 AM »
Well, I cheated and read the list of included games from your website before watching the video.  For obvious reasons, I'm super excited for this episode.  Probably won't have time to watch it until the evening, but I will be looking forward to it all day. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:21:16 AM by TDIRunner »

Bonknuts

« Reply #3081 on: November 27, 2016, 05:20:11 AM »
It's really shitty that Capcom used the PS2 port to do the HD update of RE4. It has lower polygon count and has reduced lighting compared to the GC version. They should have used the GC one for the base upgrade, or better yet the Wii edition. It's one of the reasons I didn't bother getting the HD version.

jtucci31

« Reply #3082 on: November 27, 2016, 07:23:55 AM »
Just a few days ago I beat Ico on the PS3 and loved it! In preparation for The Last Guardian I wanted to knock them both out and next up is SoC. I've wanted to play it for years and really can't wait to do so. The side-by-side comparisons really show the difference that the HD collection makes.

I've also been tempted to get RE 4, but these HD remastered are getting pretty crazy!

Groover

« Reply #3083 on: November 28, 2016, 04:14:04 AM »
Another great video. I look forward to each one.

I am excited to play RE4 again. I want to ask about the control options. What control option on the PS4 works well for you? I played it a little and found the using a thumbstick to contol the camer and the other for movemnt uncomfortable. I'm thinking just removing the move camera with anolog stick all together. I haven't really played through this game since it was first on the GameCube. The PS3 rerelease I found disappointing as it seemed to be a port of the PS2 version.

munchiaz

« Reply #3084 on: November 29, 2016, 03:47:48 AM »
i fell asleep during the last episode

Bloufo

« Reply #3085 on: November 29, 2016, 04:20:01 AM »
i fell asleep during the last episode

But your click on the video still counts as one view. So I'm sure Joe and Dave won't mind what you did afterwards. :P

Joe Redifer

« Reply #3086 on: November 29, 2016, 07:51:43 AM »
Quote from: Groover
am excited to play RE4 again. I want to ask about the control options. What control option on the PS4 works well for you?

It was Xbox One but I don't remember what controller setting it was, exactly. Maybe the 3rd one? It still wasn't perfect.

TR0N

« Reply #3087 on: December 10, 2016, 06:04:19 PM »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bloufo

« Reply #3088 on: December 10, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »
Those Blinx games look quite fun. I might pick those up.

Loved the thought process going on with the Duke at the end of the vid. lol

Gypsy

« Reply #3089 on: December 11, 2016, 04:22:37 AM »
Those Blinx games look quite fun. I might pick those up.

Loved the thought process going on with the Duke at the end of the vid. lol

I've played through both. For a couple smackers each they are fun enough (should be very doable but I didn't check Ebay recently). Some mild glitches in me britches iirc.

More random thoughts and comments

You can also play Riddick on PS3, a remade version was included on the Dark Athena disc.

Crimson Skies is one of the best games you can get for a dollar reliably.

I have almost every game covered (all but 2), not sure what that says about me. Beat most of em too.

Voodoo Vince looks really cool, I'll keep my eyes peeled for that one. Just when I thought I had every random 3D action platformer on Xbox. I may just wait for the remaster.

I'm really loving Grabbed by the Ghoulies, I picked it up about a week ago.

Love the Burnout series, good shout.

Halo is great. Glad to see it mentioned.

Damn right we are playing Space Harrier and Hang-on too. I prefer the original audio though and love the Dreamcast version in general.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:00:46 AM by Gypsy »