Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72204 times)

Winniez

Re: Game Sack
« Reply #3270 on: November 18, 2017, 08:18:17 AM »
Great stuff as always.
Future episode suggestion: PC games. I would like to see a PC game episode from you guys. Could be vintage DOS games, older Windows games, Steam games or what have you. Stuff that you (mostly as  console gamers) might have missed, made you wish you have it for PC or memories of playing some great games on PC over at mates house etc.

TR0N

« Reply #3271 on: November 18, 2017, 06:03:39 PM »
Great stuff as always.
Future episode suggestion: PC games. I would like to see a PC game episode from you guys. Could be vintage DOS games, older Windows games, Steam games or what have you. Stuff that you (mostly as  console gamers) might have missed, made you wish you have it for PC or memories of playing some great games on PC over at mates house etc.
They don't have the experience for retro PC games.So i don't see how they could cover it.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

turboswimbz

« Reply #3272 on: November 19, 2017, 09:06:58 AM »
Great stuff as always.
Future episode suggestion: PC games. ..
They don't have the experience for retro PC games.So i don't see how they could cover it.

Maybe not, but they did touch on the sharpX68000.  And I could see them doing an episode(s) where they talk about newer games that feel retro, many of which are on PC/steam.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

TR0N

« Reply #3273 on: November 25, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #3274 on: November 26, 2017, 04:51:51 PM »
You guys really should do a episode on BAD arcade ports to consoles. Seriously, Timekillers and T-Mek are fine examples of porting going bad.

Groover

« Reply #3275 on: November 27, 2017, 05:55:28 AM »
I also enjoy the streaming.

Thanks for another great episode. You are really coming up with arcade games I missed over the years.

I agree that arcade games that got bad console ports could be interesting. I think it is amazing that Time Killers even got a port. I played that game on an arcade machine at an (IAAPA) Ammusement Convention. That was the only time I saw that game.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3276 on: November 29, 2017, 01:53:32 AM »
Crime Fighters was always a fav of mine. I love the "gritty" graphics/pixel art that is used. Also, the gun weapon was instant...no slow moving bullet going across the screen.

If you every get a chance to see it, Konami made a 2-on-2 basketball game called Punkshot that has a similar gfx vibe. I think the dedicated cab(design and side art) is prolly better than the actual game.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

seieienbu

« Reply #3277 on: November 29, 2017, 05:30:36 AM »
There's a schizophrenic guy who comes to play at my arcade sometimes.  We have a mame cabinet that covers the bases of the jillions of games that we don't have.  Anyway, the guy shows up and plays Crime Fighters, makes some odd noises, beats it, then generally leaves.  I'd honestly never heard of the game before seeing him play it repeatedly. 
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TR0N

« Reply #3278 on: December 23, 2017, 09:05:12 PM »

TR0N

« Reply #3279 on: January 06, 2018, 07:30:22 PM »

TR0N

« Reply #3280 on: January 20, 2018, 06:13:26 PM »

seieienbu

« Reply #3281 on: January 21, 2018, 07:54:09 AM »
An HD remaster of Shenmue is an odd thing.  Shenmue and Shenmue 2 are a couple of my favorite games of all time.  I have very fond memories of both.  I played Shenmue over Spring break during my first semester at College and was super excited for the sequel.  When I heard it was cancelled I was furious but later elated at the prospect of playing a European version instead. 

So, the HD Remaster?  I would personally love to play the games again in 16x9 on a higher resolution.  Aside from that, what I'd like most out of the game would be to have dual audio tracks with my choice of which language to play it in.  However?  Shenmue isn't for everyone and is very much a product of its time.  I actually think it would be to the benefit of Shenmue 3 to Not re-release the games.  At the very least, not to rerelease them far in advance of Shenmue 3.  As polarizing as the games were back then I can't see that many new players would play these games and become enthralled fans champing at the bit for the new Shenmue. 
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Gypsy

« Reply #3282 on: January 21, 2018, 08:42:39 AM »
Yeah Shenmue II working out the way it did was a blessing in disguise. The dub for the first was so bad, whereas playing the 2nd game subtitled was fantastic.

Also I definitely agree, they are really polarizing games. Someone made a really good post about it awhile back, I think it was Zeta. Saying that basically it will be impossible to appeal to the old fans and to make it a good new game, or something like that. I'm looking forward to Shenmue 3 though, just to see how it goes.

sirhcman

« Reply #3283 on: January 21, 2018, 01:04:56 PM »
So, the HD Remaster? 

A remake of Burning Rangers is at the top of my list

TR0N

« Reply #3284 on: February 03, 2018, 06:28:06 PM »