Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72849 times)

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Game Sack
« Reply #3315 on: March 22, 2018, 04:29:26 AM »
Thank you very much for teh info dump arkhan.
Ditto.

Ark, any advice for RGB? Just stick to ones with that 8-pin DIN?

And you're right about that blue 23J...very distinguished.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3316 on: March 22, 2018, 07:21:19 AM »
I actually didn't think it was a bad "Intro to common games" for MSX.  Being a total MSX clue free knuckle head anyway, the episode was fine and showed off a couple cool looking games.

The MSX community is what's killing gaming. Just scientific fact.

Gypsy

« Reply #3317 on: March 22, 2018, 07:48:37 AM »
I actually didn't think it was a bad "Intro to common games" for MSX.  Being a total MSX clue free knuckle head anyway, the episode was fine and showed off a couple cool looking games.

The MSX community is what's killing gaming. Just scientific fact.

Looks about as bad as the Neo and PCE communities, from an early glance lol. Which isn't to bash this forum by any means, but taking into account to whole of the PCE scene including the fb groups.

I snagged a SONY HB-F1XD off YAJ so at this point exact peripheral and whatsit recommendations are welcome.

seieienbu

« Reply #3318 on: March 22, 2018, 10:09:53 AM »
I'm willing to bet that all gaming communities for less popular systems are mostly in the same boat at this point.  It seems like these things are about a pissing contest between people that don't have any actual attachment to the stuff they're trying to one-up each other over.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Joe Redifer

« Reply #3319 on: March 22, 2018, 11:25:13 AM »
So, why didn't you helped him with the episode to make it more acceptable by your standards?
That info you just posted would have really helped.

He didn't ask.  He's probably not attentive enough to realize I even like or know anything about the MSX.  Or have developed a game for it.

^^This. But honestly even if I did know, I wouldn't have asked YOU because of your always-pissy attitude towards me or anything I do. I truly do not believe you could be friendly towards me, especially if you knew your PCEFX peers knew about it. Hell, even if the episode was 3 hours long, included all of the info you presented and met the ALL standards of the elite collectors, any possible positive feedback you'd give the episode would surely be in the form of a backhanded compliment, at best. It's who you are.

But what people need to realize is that this episode wasn't made for people who already know everything about the system. Nor can we possibly include every game worth mentioning (nor should we). There's always the future. I don't know everything about the system and you know what? That's OK. I'm always willing to learn more. And I will. But I don't think I represented the console poorly. I never felt it was our best episode but it's not bad. I'm not gonna make any excuses for it though and I'm happy with it. I'm asking people for lots of feedback both in the video and in the comments section on which games to include next time. Lots of great responses so far! The video is doing well and people are enjoying it.

Gypsy

« Reply #3320 on: March 22, 2018, 12:09:37 PM »

Keith Courage

« Reply #3321 on: March 22, 2018, 01:35:57 PM »
On a positive note, I don't think I've ever seen a game sack episode that I didn't like. Basically I like watching people talk about video games with some game footage being thrown in. Doesn't matter to me what the games are or if all the back info/history about a game system is mentioned or not. I'm not watching youtube for a big history or technical specifications lesson. I just like discussion about old game systems and the games for them. With this being said, I've never been let down.

I'm not playing Musha...This isn't Musha. hah
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:02:42 PM by Keith Courage »

Pfloydguy2

« Reply #3322 on: March 22, 2018, 01:45:00 PM »
I used to love Game Sack's videos.  But when I saw the third or fourth video where they piss all over the Jaguar or Lynx, I decided it would be the last I watched.  They just won't give a game on either system a fair chance.

Rydeen

« Reply #3323 on: March 22, 2018, 01:56:29 PM »
Is something like this good/useful: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSX-1024KB-RAM-Expansion-Musical-Memory-Mapper-for-MSX1-MSX2-MSX2-Turbo-R/183134020306?hash=item2aa3a362d2:g:2M4AAOSwjRpZUnwY

I would think that I would want extra memory.

That same amount would go better towards an FM expansion cartridge, especially if you're getting an HB-F1XD, it's internals are pretty great across the board.

Gypsy

« Reply #3324 on: March 22, 2018, 02:15:09 PM »
Is something like this good/useful: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSX-1024KB-RAM-Expansion-Musical-Memory-Mapper-for-MSX1-MSX2-MSX2-Turbo-R/183134020306?hash=item2aa3a362d2:g:2M4AAOSwjRpZUnwY

That same amount would go better towards an FM expansion cartridge, especially if you're getting an HB-F1XD, it's internals are pretty great across the board.

Links please? I haven't been able to find too much available.

I used to love Game Sack's videos.  But when I saw the third or fourth video where they piss all over the Jaguar or Lynx, I decided it would be the last I watched.  They just won't give a game on either system a fair chance.

Not sure if serious.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:21:42 PM by Gypsy »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #3325 on: March 22, 2018, 04:31:19 PM »
^^This. But honestly even if I did know, I wouldn't have asked YOU because of your always-pissy attitude towards me or anything I do.
Actually, this delivery here, is part of why I don't like you.   You have always been a dicktip towards me, and I finally started returning the favor, years ago.

When PCEFX went down way back when, your dumb ass added me on FB.  You sent a friend request.

Then, in various posts, you were suddenly baffled that we were friends, and went "why do I have YOU on here", acted like a moron, and unfriended me.  Just like you did here.  Just like you tend to do.  I got tired of it, and your seemingly wanton obtuseness, and decided "f*ck this guy".

So, stop blaming me like it's 100% my fault I'm an a$$hole to you.

You get what you give.

I truly do not believe you could be friendly towards me, especially if you knew your PCEFX peers knew about it. Hell, even if the episode was 3 hours long, included all of the info you presented and met the ALL standards of the elite collectors, any possible positive feedback you'd give the episode would surely be in the form of a backhanded compliment, at best. It's who you are.

Actually, I could, but the problem is, whenever I tried to, you continued being a dipshit.  It was like you'd never heard of these things called "fun" and "jokes" before and made an ass of yourself.   Other people even told you to calm the hell down before you ended up getting booted out of one of the FB groups over it.

Which is pretty much why a bunch of us laugh about it, and is part of how the whole YOU GOT GAMESACKED, BITCH thing even started.

Hey, at least you unblocked me.  That's a step in the right direction.  Don't trip.

Joe sucks, gamesack sucks, and people that enjoy Gamesack suck.  I'm not going to waste my time with 'em..... other than to troll this thread and tell everyone they suck.
LOL

Hell yeah. 

Thank you very much for teh info dump arkhan.
Ditto.

Ark, any advice for RGB? Just stick to ones with that 8-pin DIN?

And you're right about that blue 23J...very distinguished.

For RGB, if you get a Toshiba, you get to go on a magical adventure to make your own cable if you can't find one or get it with the machine. 

It uses a fancy Hirose connector that you can still buy, but is for like medical equipment.

Sony/Panasonic use DINs and are simpler.   Most people stick to those, and the cables are easy to find and/or make because the connector isn't 15 f*cking dollars.

but, the Toshiba HX-34 looks 100% cooler.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Rydeen

« Reply #3326 on: March 22, 2018, 08:55:12 PM »

Sure

https://www.8bits4ever.net/product-page/fm-pak

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #3327 on: March 22, 2018, 09:25:22 PM »
These systems had their chance BITD, and they failed.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Gypsy

« Reply #3328 on: March 23, 2018, 01:47:13 AM »

Sure

https://www.8bits4ever.net/product-page/fm-pak

Tyvm.

@Ark: Wow that Toshiba HX-34 looks incredibly cool to an old dork like myself.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3329 on: March 23, 2018, 02:55:57 AM »
on the next episode of gamehuggers:

Ark and Joe hug it out.

Edit: What the f*ck is gamehuggers?