Author Topic: Game Sack  (Read 72201 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Game Sack
« Reply #3330 on: March 23, 2018, 10:13:33 AM »
Is something like this good/useful: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSX-1024KB-RAM-Expansion-Musical-Memory-Mapper-for-MSX1-MSX2-MSX2-Turbo-R/183134020306?hash=item2aa3a362d2:g:2M4AAOSwjRpZUnwY

I would think that I would want extra memory.

That same amount would go better towards an FM expansion cartridge, especially if you're getting an HB-F1XD, it's internals are pretty great across the board.

Links please? I haven't been able to find too much available.

Sure

https://www.8bits4ever.net/product-page/fm-pak

Tyvm.

@Ark: Wow that Toshiba HX-34 looks incredibly cool to an old dork like myself.

I used an HX-34 and FM PAC to develop infernooooo

Also, those recent re-do FM-Pac swap ins are generally OK AFAIK, but I can't remember which one off hand had some sound issues.

It was either a recent one, or it might have been an oldddd one.   

I just stick to an actual FM PAC instead.   They used to be cheaper back when I got one. 

Unfortunately, with the MSX community's Euro-dipshittery, some of the more knowledgeable people about that bit of things basically sit on IRC only to share info, which is super counter productive.   I keep telling them to get on Facebook, but they keep saying no, Zuckerbergs an a$$hole and something about privacy.

It sucks.  They're missing out on an opportunity to help inform people of things outside of the shitheap that is MSX.org.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Gypsy

« Reply #3331 on: March 23, 2018, 10:55:52 AM »
Yeah the official one is a lot, but I might splurge later on buyee (sure not happening on eBay). For now I'm just gonna play games when it comes in. Speaking of which I need to buy Inferno, is the audio livable/playable w/o the pac?

Rydeen

« Reply #3332 on: March 24, 2018, 01:06:44 PM »
Speaking of which I need to buy Inferno, is the audio livable/playable w/o the pac?

Do they have a release date for the physical version yet? I don't know if I want to just buy a ROM to put on a disk if they are releasing a physical cartridge soon.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #3333 on: March 24, 2018, 03:15:34 PM »
Speaking of which I need to buy Inferno, is the audio livable/playable w/o the pac?

Do they have a release date for the physical version yet? I don't know if I want to just buy a ROM to put on a disk if they are releasing a physical cartridge soon.

If you buy the ROM, I subtract the ROM price from the cartridge price when you buy the cartridge.

I am leaving for Japan in like 6 hours and will start putting more Infernos together when I get home in mid April.

The first 20 went to Japan. 

and I'll be ordering parts to make more.

I'm the developer for Inferno, btw. 

is the audio livable/playable w/o the pac?

No lol.  It's like PSG SFX + the portions of the song I layered in with PSG to make some leads sound better.

It's playable but it sounds stupid.  There are no drums, or bass.

Gypsy

« Reply #3334 on: March 24, 2018, 03:35:05 PM »
Ah okay. I have no problem just buying the rom honestly, I've got floppies, good enough for me. Probably buying a Midi Pac too, we will see. Need to wait for the thing itself to come in first, before I start buying more shit.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:47:30 PM by Gypsy »

Rydeen

« Reply #3335 on: March 24, 2018, 03:46:27 PM »

If you buy the ROM, I subtract the ROM price from the cartridge price when you buy the cartridge.

I am leaving for Japan in like 6 hours and will start putting more Infernos together when I get home in mid April.

The first 20 went to Japan. 

and I'll be ordering parts to make more.

I'm the developer for Inferno, btw.

Cool, I'll order it after my FM PAC arrives in anticipation of the cartridge then.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #3336 on: March 24, 2018, 06:31:22 PM »
Ah okay. I have no problem just buying the rom honestly, I've got floppies, good enough for me. Probably buying a Midi Pac too, we will see. Need to wait for the thing itself to come in first, before I start buying more shit.

You can't put the ROM on a floppy really, lol.

It uses an ASCII memory mapper and stuff.

But if you have a Megaflash cart that'll work

Gypsy

« Reply #3337 on: March 25, 2018, 05:46:59 AM »
Yeah I should probably get one of those. Is much gained from getting the one with 2 SD card slots instead of 1?

xelement5x

« Reply #3338 on: March 25, 2018, 03:30:00 PM »
I used an HX-34 and FM PAC to develop infernooooo

Also, those recent re-do FM-Pac swap ins are generally OK AFAIK, but I can't remember which one off hand had some sound issues.

It was either a recent one, or it might have been an oldddd one.   

I just stick to an actual FM PAC instead.   They used to be cheaper back when I got one. 

Unfortunately, with the MSX communit Ys Euro-dipshittery, some of the more knowledgeable people about that bit of things basically sit on IRC only to share info, which is super counter productive.   I keep telling them to get on Facebook, but they keep saying no, Zuckerbergs an a$$hole and something about privacy.

It sucks.  They're missing out on an opportunity to help inform people of things outside of the shitheap that is MSX.org.

Unfortunately, with the MSX communit Ys Euro-dipshittery, some of the more knowledgeable people about that bit of things basically sit on IRC only to share info, which is super counter productive.   I keep telling them to get on Facebook, but they keep saying no, Zuckerbergs an a$$hole and something about privacy.

Unfortunately, with the MSX communit Ys Euro-dipshittery,

C'mon, it should not be that hard to make a word filter that only turns  Y APSOSTROPHE S into Ys when there are not preceding letters. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #3339 on: March 25, 2018, 03:36:21 PM »
So yeah shipping ended up being $82. Livable. Wasn't going to cheap out and not do EMS for like $12 less.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #3340 on: March 25, 2018, 08:08:30 PM »
C'mon, it should not be that hard to make a word filter that only turns  Y APSOSTROPHE S into Ys when there are not preceding letters.
I just sent a PM to NightWolve.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Pfloydguy2

« Reply #3341 on: March 27, 2018, 08:16:11 AM »
I used to love Game Sack's videos.  But when I saw the third or fourth video where they piss all over the Jaguar or Lynx, I decided it would be the last I watched.  They just won't give a game on either system a fair chance.

Not sure if serious.
Yup, totally serious.  There's plenty of good stuff on both systems, and the Lynx especially had a great library.  The Lynx has easily the best ratio of great games to shit game of any console I've played.  It has dozens of fantastic arcade ports and some nice exclusives.  There are a handful of lousy games for it, but by and large it's a great handheld, was way ahead of its time, and deserved to succeed much better than it did.

The Jag is one of those consoles that lots of people have never played but think they know enough to bash it anyway.  Of course they're free to do so, just like I'm free to disregard their opinion when I hear that.  There's a lot of awful games on the Jaguar.  If Game Sack wants to review those and bash them, they're free to do so.  But they should still recognize the good games, and they don't.  They just treat the Jag like a garbage system.

These systems had their chance BITD, and they failed.
Just like the Turbo in the US?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:18:03 AM by Pfloydguy2 »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3342 on: March 27, 2018, 08:33:27 AM »
Just like the Turbo in the US?

It didn't do that well in NA, true, but it's not really the same thing.  The Jag and Lynx didn't have a highly successful run in JP.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #3343 on: March 27, 2018, 09:09:02 AM »
I didn't like anything I played on the Jaguar. :/

Gypsy

« Reply #3344 on: March 27, 2018, 09:14:33 AM »
Oh and I'll have the MSX soon so I was wondering Ark (or anyone that would know) do I need a voltage converter of any kind or am I good to go? I haven't had anything Japanese that's this old so I just wanted to make sure.